CHAPTER 3

A dorky Heart

  

SUJU’s DORM: leeteuk’s POV

I am starting to pack my things needed for the show. Wookie and Eunhyuk will help me. I will be resuming my activities though, except for some which is in conflict with my taping. I am a bit nervous because of the role I will be playing. Thank goodness I know Kahi, she’s one of my friends in twitter. And aside from that, whenever she has guestings to the shows I am regular in, she will constantly communicate. Although it will be a bit odd for us to play couples, she was Yoochun’s ex after all, I just see her that way. What will Mickey say to me on this??

“shirts check, shorts check, brushes,etc etc.” eunhyuk said while checking the list. I threw my cap to my luggage bag as the last piece.

“I will see you at SM building.” I said and winked.”heechul will take care of you guys while im not around, araso?”

“oh it will be different without teukie hyung around.” Wookie said sighing.

I embraced him. “don’t worry, it will be fine, we’ll talk every night before you sleep.”

“me too hyung, can you also talk to me?” donghae entered my room. I became donghae’s dad after his late father entrusted him to me.

“sure donghae, I will call everyone of you.”

hyung, you will need this.” Siwon said. He was holding a white bible. “you need to read this every night so you can sleep well.”

“thanks wonnie” I said patting his back. I stuffed the bible to my bag. “ne. I guess im ready to go.”

 

WE GOT MARRIED SET: inside the house

Usually, the we got married set was taped inside a studio but I guess it will be different from today’s show. We were going to tape inside a real house. Its kind of small but can accommodate two to four people. I saw Kahi’s luggages at the floor already. My manager checked my things while I check the house rules. It’s not like big brother where we’ll be monitored 24/7, there’s a certain schedule where me and Kahi will be taped. Aside from that we’ll just stay in the house as normal couples and do house stuff which of course I’m kind of a bit nervous because I don’t cook. From the entrance door, there is a sala set and a kitchen five steps after. On the second floor are the rooms. There are two rooms but the management insisted that me and Kahi share a bed in one room. The other room will be for the cameras.

 

We were scheduled for a photo shoot. Me and Kahi wore matching husband and wife attires. Kahi was holding a wooden spoon and we were both donned in aprons. We worked on different poses. At first we were just laughing around because of the awkwardness in the atmosphere and the kind of poses we have to do, but because were both talkative, we felt comfortable afterwards. The management of we got married gave somewhat a wedding contract with matching gold rings. The photo shoot was the only scheduled activity for the day, the first taping will be scheduled tomorrow because the show insisted that we get to know each other first.

“that’s a bit tiring.” Kahi sighed throwing herself at the couch. We were the only ones left inside the house. “did the show leave us food? I’m starving.”

“they did but they’re not yet cooked.” I said pointing to the groceries at the counter. “they say we have to cook. Do you want me to cook? But I can’t guarantee the results, I’m sorry.”

yah, oppa, if you will be the one to cook then I will be pretty useless.” kahi said smiling while poking my chest. “I’ll do it, sit back and relax.”

“I’ll help.” I said. “I don’t want a girl doing a job alone, it makes me uncomfortable.”

“that’s sweet” said kahi. “come here, and wear your apron.”

 

We ate what Kahi and I prepared. She cooked noodles and I helped her by chopping and slicing the ingredients. Kahi was really a great cook because the noodles tasted good. I also helped her wash the dishes after. Tomorrow I’ll maybe start doing some husband activities like cleaning kekeke. In our room, there is a bathroom so I easily took a bath from a tiring day. I removed my make up from the photo shoot. I just had to clean because it will be embarrassing to stay with kahi without thoroughly cleaning myself. After all were sharing the same bed. Kahi was already sitting there combing her wet hair. The bed is too small but enough to accommodate the two of us.

“come here oppa.” Kahi invited me to sit with her. I am really embarrassed, it’s really uncomfortable for me to stay beside a girl, or worse to sleep beside a girl.

I sat beside Kahi in a cross legged position. “honestly I really find this weird.”

“oh you do? you haven’t slept with a girl before?” Kahi asked smiling.

“i didn’t have you?” I asked

“secret.” Kahi said mischievously. “ do I look scary to you?”

“no, of course not. why would you be?” I said. I didn’t notice that I was playing with my hair and she was smiling at me.

“you have the habit of toying with that are you?” Kahi asked touching my hair.

“yeah, i think its already a habit.” I said surprised at her gesture

“hmm, what do we do?im not yet sleepy” Kahi said. She lied down. She was wearing a silky pink strap night dress which accentuated her long legs. She moves as if she was really comfortable because she wasn’t afraid exposing and playing with her thighs.

For keeping up, I also lied down, putting my hands at my stomach.

“maybe we should get to know each other more.” I suggested, looking at her. She paced herself towards me and smiled. I can see her face clearly because the moonlight, which is the only light we have in our room seem to gleam at her.

“let me see, you already know the basics about me because of the variety shows.” Kahi said. “my real name is Park Ji Young, I like dancing and singing. What else do you want to know?”

“anything else I do not know yet?” I asked

“I like eating even though my body does not look as if im fond of it” Kahi said. I smiled. That was unexpected.

“then I’ll try to cook your favorite food. What is it?” I asked

“hmm.. I eat anything Korean. I also love Italian and American food.” Kahi said looking at me.

Kahi stared at me for a while, it was really long.

“why?” I asked smiling at her.

“nothing, you just look interesting.” Kahi said touching my nose. She suddenly looked at her wedding ring. “I may keep this up for a while, treat you as someone really important in my life. How about you?”

“I’ll do the same.” I said. “there isn’t a problem with that, we started already as friends.”

 

In the morning, we started taping for we got married. The show gave us some tasks of what we have to do. the first task was giving names for each other. Kahi insisted that for comfortability we use our stage names like teukie and Kahi which really rhymes. Then I accompanied Kahi for her rehearsals. I get to know her groupmates, After School. they treated me really well. Kahi was really an effective leader of the group and an excellent choreographer. I just sat at their practice room watching her. Sometimes she would scold her mates which I really find relevant because she was in the entertainment business for long but she would also goof around.

“OUCH.” Kahi said after she accidentally twisted her ankle.

I rushed to her side. Kahi was sitting on the floor, easing the pain.

“are you ok?” I asked. She nodded. “can someone please get us ice?”

“I’ll get some.” Nana volunteered.

“I usually am the one treating the members when theyre injured.” Kahi smiled inspite of the pain.

“really?” I said holding her ankle. There was a slight bump. “are you really ok?this will hurt, I’ll give you ice then I’ll massage for the veins to dilate ok?”

“wow oppa is really something.”UEE suddenly said in awe.

“I do this to my members.” I said smiling at her. Upon receiving the ice, I began to massage the cold pack to Kahi’s ankle. I was amazed at her tolerance to the pain, as she was showing slight reactions. What a leader, I thought. She must have chosen to stay tough all along.

“you can cry.” I . Kahi lightly slapped me in the face.

“better?” I asked after I massaged her. Kahi nodded.

kamsamnida oppa.” She said bowing down.

“you suddenly met your match, finally.” I winked at her and the rest of the girls giggled.

 

WE GOT MARRIED HOUSE: AFTER THE TAPING

 

Leeteuk and Kahi went home late at night after eating dinner with after school. Leeteuk got to know Kahi’s members one by one and the leader’s charms have affected them as well. He also got to know that Kahi was a tough but really girly in a mature way. Their old age must have really get thru their attitude. after all, being near in their 30s have the effect of looking towards the insight of having families.

 

After leeteuk was constantly ignored by Taeyeon several months ago, he also developed a tough image. Though he remains the lovable angel who looks after s and often smiles, he does not play with the members anymore. He had become mature because of the major heart break he had experienced in his life. He was not the same leeteuk who makes a cute face and does silly hand gestures, he was now the manly Park Jungsu who takes care of his image a lot by exercising, eating the right kind of food and spending time reading current news. Taeyeon had changed him into someone who is the real ideal guy of every woman. His fan base has increased, and a lot of his fans had thoughts of fantasizing to be on We Got Married with him. Even SM trainees and girl groups had turned their attention towards him more. Leeteuk now focuses his attention on how to improve his character by being the perfect husband. On his spare time, he would read cook books and practice house chores. He even asked help from wookie by calling him late at night. The maknae of course was very happy to impart his knowledge on cooking and cleaning. He did not ask any help from Kahi, he just wanted to surprise her with the improvement he was doing.

“what do you think?”

“hmmm..?”

“how do you imagine life after this show?” Kahi asked leeteuk. They were both lying down their bed facing the ceiling. Leeteuk had bought a night light for Kahi was afraid of the dark, a weakness that he was fond of.

“well, since I get to know you well, I think we will constantly disturb each other.” Leeteuk said with a laugh. Kahi nudged him in the ribs. “ouch.”

“I think I will become a very good leader.” Kahi said.

“why?”

“because of this experience.” Kahi continued as I stare at her. “you are an effective leader, do you know that?”

“because of the twelve members I have to take care of?” leeteuk asked her. She nodded.”well, its not a responsibility but more of an obligation.”

“I never thought of that, I always thought responsibility.” Said Kahi

“its like treating them as a part of your family.” Leeteuk said yawning. “you treat them as if they are your own blood, they treat you the same.”

“so that’s why some of my girls are afraid of me.” Kahi laughed, leeteuk agreed. “well, I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks oppa.”

“you better sleep now, Ji young.” Leeteuk said to Kahi after he saw her yawning too. He pulled the blanket up to her chest to prevent her from getting cold. Kahi nodded and paced herself towards him, as if leeteuk had become her security blanket. He too faced her so that he can watch her sleep. The awkwardness between them has become a thing of a past and a really deep friendship has blossomed.

“can you sing a song?” Kahi suddenly pouted the words out of nowhere. “something that’s related to the night, like a lullabye.”

“hmm.. I’ll sing Byul (star)”. Said leeteuk. And he started to sing. His soothing voice must have been really effective, for Kahi was slowly losing her consciousness to sleep. Leeteuk completed the song even if she was already silent and dreaming.

It was Taeyeon’s favorite song, she used to sing that to him whenever she feels lonely from the pressures she had with her career.

Leeteuk touched his heart, and found it in deep pain. He then went to drift in his own dream land, with tears silently flowing down from his eyes.