Chapter 11

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 11

 

Hours had passed and the rain slowly started ceasing. Jiyong groaned softly as he tossed and turned to his right side. He opened his eyes and saw Hyuna sleeping peacefully by his side. He stared at her for a while with his mind running around with so many thoughts.

 

Why are you acting like this?

 

Why did you lie to me?

 

Jiyong looked at the time. It was half past midnight. They were closer to his own home than Hyuna’s. He began driving off to his home. He’d let Seungsung know where his daughter is. They were probably worried about Hyuna.

 

Upon arriving at his home. All the lights were turned off in the mansion. He pulled up to the driveway and parked his car. He got out and quickly made his way to the other side and carefully carried Hyuna in his arms. He made sure to not wake her as her head lied against his chest.

 

He opened the front door then quietly locked it behind him. It was dark but not dark enough for him to not see where he was going. He headed straight to his room where he gently placed Hyuna onto his bed. He slowly removed her red trench coat and placed it to the side of the bed before pulling the covers over her body. Jiyong couldn’t help but stare at her again. He pulled out his phone and dialed Seungsung’s number which he had gotten from his mother. The call was short and simple but he could tell how much Seungsung cared for his daughter. After hanging up Jiyong felt his heart aching. He looked back at Hyuna but could not find it in him to truly say he hated her.

 

I hate that I love you.

 

Jiyong decided to take the small couch placed near the balcony door. He laid on his back staring up at the ceiling. He rubbed his forehead trying to get rid of this pounding inside his head. His teeth clenched tightly but he remained quiet. He just needed sleep. That’s all he needed.

 

Just fall asleep.

 

Hyuna opened her eyes and didn’t recognize her surroundings but she remembered what happened the previous night. It was already morning when she found herself in Jiyong’s room. Her eyes scanned the room to find the man sleeping serenely on the couch. Why is it that in his sleep he seemed so calm? Hyuna quietly lifted herself off the bed and placed a blanket around Jiyong’s body. Seeing that the movement didn’t wake him, Hyuna backed away.

 

Laying on the nightstand beside Jiyong’s bed was a small notepad and a pen. Hyuna took it into her hands and began writing. She looked back at Jiyong who still hasn’t woken up. Hyuna put the note on the bed and quickly grabbed her coat. She left the room without a single sound.

 

There was no one around or so it seemed like. She made her way outside the mansion but stopped and looked up at a man in front of her.

 

“Hello,” Hyuna said bowing politely.

 

“You must be Miss Kim,” Teddy said. “I’m Teddy, Jiyong’s longtime family friend.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you,” Hyuna said.

 

Teddy could see Hyuna’s eyes looking behind him. She had a worried look on her face and he could she her body slightly trembling.

 

“Do you need to be somewhere?” Teddy asked. “I could take you there if you’d like.”

 

“Please take me home,” Hyuna said.

 

***

 

Jiyong woke up groggily. He pushed his body off the couch into a sitting position. With both elbows on his knees and hands holding his face, Jiyong let out a groan. He rubbed the temples of his head and slowly glared up. Something wasn’t right. Someone was missing.

 

His body shot up from where he sat and he hurried to the empty bed where a note was placed. Jiyong took the note between his fingers and read it silently to himself.

 

I’m sorry but thank you.

-Kim Hyuna.

 

His hand crushed the simple note in his palm and threw it across the room. Jiyong rushed out of his room looking for any of his servants.

 

“Where is she?” Jiyong asked when he saw Teddy walk through the front door.

 

“I took her home,” Teddy said.

 

“Who allowed you to take my fiancé home?” Jiyong asked dangerously pulling Teddy by the collar.

 

Teddy was unintimidated. He glared at Jiyong until he released his grip. Teddy straightened out his suit as Jiyong calmed himself down. He knew he was being hotheaded again. Teddy didn’t deserve to be treated like this.  

 

“I did,” Eunju said from the top of the stair well. “My future daughter in law will not be kept prisoner, Jiyong.”

 

Jiyong turned over his shoulder and scoffed. “Do you think that’s what I plan to do?” His body turned fully to face his mother.

 

“No,” Eunju said. “Hyuna doesn’t live here yet. For whatever reason you wish for her to stay, let her feel comfortable first.”

 

Jiyong scoffed again. “I only worried about her. When I woke up and she was gone.”

 

“Hmm,” Eunju hummed in amusement. “Arrangements for the wedding will be made soon upon my request. I will plan everything to assure the future of my family. You and Hyuna will not have to worry.”

 

Jiyong took the words to thought. He looked at his mother and knew she was serious. It hasn’t even been a day since they’ve been engaged and already plans for the wedding were starting. It made Jiyong wonder how much time and thought was really put into this arrange marriage.

 

“When is this marriage taking place?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Next month if possible.”

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes at the thought of marrying in such a short amount of time but at the same time he couldn’t say he disliked it. The faster he and Hyuna married, the faster they would be together. And until death do them part. Jiyong found himself half smiling at that but it was a bitter smile.

 

“Jiyong…”

 

Jiyong rid of his previous expression and looked up at his mother blankly. “Yes, mother?”

 

“Come with me,” Eunju said. “I’d like you to give you something.”

 

Being the obedient son he is, Jiyong walked up the stairs steadily. He took his mother hand and followed as she led him down the hall into her room. Eunju was still struggling to walk like she normally did but every day she was getting better.

 

Upon entering the room, Eunju released her hold on Jiyong. Jiyong looked down before entering the bedroom that was once shared with his late father. He took a seat at the foot of the bed. He couldn’t look around in that room. It would bring too much grief back into his mind.

 

He could hear Eunju moving things around inside her closet. She came out holding a small black box in his hands. Jiyong looked at it curiously with a blank expression. His mother smiled at him brightly and he could see the tears in her eyes building up.

 

“What is this?” Jiyong asked.

 

Her fingers slowly opened the box revealing a diamond ring. “Your father proposed to me with this ring,” Eunju said biting back a sob.

 

“Mother…”
 

“I want to pass it down to the next generation,” Eunju said. “It originally belonged to your great-grandmother who passed it down to your grandmother, who passed it down to me. I told myself that one day when my child marries that I’d give this to my daughter in law. I want you to give this to Hyuna.”

 

“Why?” Jiyong’s voice almost broke.

 

Eunju didn’t answer. She closed the box and taking Jiyong’s hand she put it into the center of his palm.

 

***

 

It was one in the morning and Hyuna had just finished her shift. For the first time in forever being at work made her feel like she was free from the world and all her worries. Hyuna smiled to herself at that thought. Why? Perhaps it was because he was distracted even if it was just for a little while.

 

When she stepped out of the hospital doors, her eyes met with someone else’s. Hyuna stood emotionless just like the man before her. She didn’t move or speak a word. She only waited for him to speak because she knew he had a lot to say.

 

“I’ll take you home,” Jiyong said. Hyuna looked away. Jiyong sighed putting his hands into his pocket.

 

“Did you wait all night for me?” Hyuna asked.

 

“And if I did would there be a problem?”

 

Hyuna shook her head as an answer. “Why would you wait?”

 

“Who better to take you home than your fiancé?” Jiyong asked.

 

Jiyong held out his hand and Hyuna after much hesitation took it. While in the fancy car, Hyuna didn’t speak a word. She didn’t even turn to face Jiyong. It wasn’t like she had much to say to him anyways.

 

Suddenly she felt the car coming to a slow. Hyuna looked outside and realized where they were. Han River.

 

“What are we doing here?”

 

Jiyong didn’t say a word and stepped out of the car. Hyuna’s eyes watched as he walked further from the car and stopped at the riverside. She knew he wanted her to follow him. So she did.

 

As her body came closer to his, she stopped just a little behind him. Her eyes looked up, fluttering her butterfly lashes. Jiyong stood tall like a strong leader. She smiled sadly knowing what his heart has been through. Hyuna walked to his side enjoying the view with him.

 

“I use to come here with my father when I was young,” Jiyong began and Hyuna turned to look at him. Jiyong had not adverted his gaze. “When I miss him, I come here because most of the best memories I had with him were here.”

 

“Don’t let your best memories bring you sorrow,” Hyuna said.

 

Jiyong chuckled bitterly.

 

You were one of them.

 

Hyuna sighed, eyes falling to her feet. “Jiyong… about our marriage.”

 

“Why did you suddenly change your mind?” Jiyong asked. “I know it wasn’t because you had a change of heart.”

 

“I have my reasons. I can’t back out of this but you can.”

 

At those words, Jiyong turned to Hyuna with confusion written on his face. Hyuna turned to him, meeting his eyes. She could tell he would get angry soon but she would be able to handle it.

 

“Please reconsider what you’re saying,” Jiyong said. “I won’t back out. You said your words so don’t talk me out it. Because I already made a promise and I tend to keep it.”

 

Hyuna went down to her knees and Jiyong’s mouth fell ajar. He could hear sniffles from her and when her teary eyes looked up at him, he couldn’t find it in his heart to feel sorry for her.

 

“I don’t want to hurt you,” Hyuna cried. “Please don’t marry me.”

 

Jiyong bent down to her and placed both hands on her shoulder tightly. “If you don’t want to marry me, why did you say you would? Tell me!”

 

Hyuna cried unable to answer. She couldn’t tell him about her sister. Though wanted to scream out the truth, she held back the screams.

 

“Tell me!”

 

“I’m sorry…” Hyuna got up quickly and removed Jiyong’s hands from her. She backed away but Jiyong got up and took her left hand. He pulled out the ring from his pocket and placed it onto Hyuna’s finger.

 

“It’s Kwon royalty,” Jiyong said. “Don’t take it off. Please don’t take it off.”

 

Hyuna’s tears slipped past her lashes as she looked down to the ring on her finger. Hearing that it was Kwon royalty made her heart clench with guilt. She didn’t deserve to wear this ring. It wasn’t meant for her. It really wasn’t.

 

“Take me home, please,” Hyuna said.

 

Jiyong stepped closely to Hyuna, kissing away her tears before capturing her lips. Hyuna’s body felt as if it’d come crumbling down. Her heart began beating faster. She had never felt this way before. It hurt emotionally and mentally. All she could think about while kissing Jiyong was the woman he was madly in love with. She felt sorry and could not bring herself to accept these feelings.

 

I’m sorry.

 

I’m sorry.

 

I’m sorry.

 

He’s waiting for you, wherever you are.

 

Please come back to him.

 

A/N: Not edited.