Deal with The Devil

Crush Into Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wasn't an early morning person and I tend to oversleep without any alarm or my sister's help to wake me up. But not that day, I had a terrible night and couldn't sleep well even though I tried so hard, so I had been already awake since the sky was still dark. But that didn't make me had any intention to leave my bed. Not because I wanted some more sleep or headache that usually come to me if I stayed up all night. Not at all.

Going to school seemed like going straight to hell at the time. I couldn't stand to meet Hanbin. I had cried all night long and figured out what happened the night before. But it didn't get rid off the strange feeling that I was experiencing. It stirred my feelings and my mood could change easily from accepting the truth to crying the hell out of me.

And I didn't want to show it to anyone. I couldn't stand to say to everyone that Hanbin and I had already broken up. I didn't want to answers their questions about my horrible face and I didn't want to meet any single person after all. And somehow, I didn't want anyone to know that Hanbin had dumped me. I just couldn't stand being the center of people's compassion. The last thing I wanted is the look on their faces, feeling pitiful towards me.

But I knew that avoiding the school would get me nowhere. It would just buy me some time to think about everything, which I didn't need because I had enough time to think up all night. And I didn't want Hanbin to see me as a coward--though I was. I couldn't bear to see him yet, but I didn't want him to think about me like that.

So, eventually, I ended up getting ready for school. I spent a whole an hour to fix my face and tried to cover the dark circle around my eyes. The result didn't satisfy me and I decided to give up.

"Good mor--" My sister didn't finish her words when she saw me walking down the stairs.

"Did you not sleep?" Chanwoo spared his time from grilling his cereal.

"Homework," I waved my hand as I took a seat on the stool in the breakfast counter.

I didn't expect that they would buy my answer but it made me relieved. But I started to think that they just didn't want to disturb me because Chanwoo was being quite all the way to school. It was just not like him.

"Bye, noona," Chanwoo patted my shoulder before walked to his class.

I jusy nodded and continued to walk down the hallway. Then I saw the most creature I wanted to avoid, walking down the hallway in an opposite direction. Screw me, but my body seemed like moving on its own because I found myself went into another classroom. I was just standing there, peeking my head out to see if he had gone to the class.

"What are you doing?"--Was Joo Hyuk's voice that make me startled.

"Huh?" I was at a loss.

"Your classroom isn't here," he crossed his arms upon his chest.

"You're right," I decided to pretend that I got the wrong room. But I knew that he didn't buy it when he furrowed his brows and stared at me with mistrust.

"I have to go," I hurriedly walked out of the class.

***

One of the benefits on being a committee was that I could spend my break time in the hall so I didn't have to meet Kim Hanbin. I rushed out of the class as the bell rang and ignored Suhyun's call. I didn't know Hanbin's face at the time and I was sure I wouldn't want to.

I was trying to work on my pieces when Joo Hyuk sat on the ground right in front of me. I didn't bother to look at him but it got me annoyed when he didn't say or do anything.

"What?" I finally broke the silence as I knew that he wouldn't let me out.

"Nothing," he replied.

But he kept staring at me, so I lifted my head from my work. There were a lot of the kids in the hall but he kept picking on me instead of doing his job.

"Don't you have to finish your work?" I pointed his ‘masterpiece’.

“You look like hell,” he finally replied.

“Oh, thanks,”—like I didn’t know exactly how I look like.

A quirk of his lips makes its appearance and I tried to ignore everything he did. But believe me, it wasn’t easy at all. He even snatched my marker so I was forced to look at him again. Somehow, this childish side of him reminded me of Hanbin, and I didn’t like the fact. I was trying not to think about him for a while but Joo Hyuk didn’t even help.

Okay. I wasn’t in a mood. Ignoring him, I picked another marker from the box and started to work again but he snatched it again. I kept ignoring him. Picked another marker just for getting it snatched again. It continued till there was nothing left.

I just stared at the empty box with nothing in my mind.

“What’s wrong, Jung Chanyoung?” I heard Joo Hyuk’s voice.

I was thinking that I couldn’t stand it anymore. I just wanted everyone to leave me alone. I just wanted being home and crying the hell out of me. I just wanted…him.

“You know what? It should be me asking you that!” I couldn’t help but yelled.

Joo Hyuk seemed startled and I could feel everyone’s faces turned at me. And when I saw him trying to reach me out, I jumped onto my feet and walked fast towards the door.

***

“What the hell was that, Jung Chanyoung?!”

I got a little heart attack when the door behind me was knocked out and hit the wall hard. Turning my body, I saw Nam Joo Hyuk was walking towards me with a rage upon his face. Just moments before I yelled at him and at the time, he had already taken his revenge. I was just a bit relieved that we were on the rooftop, so no one could see us.

He stopped just a few steps in front of me as he gritted his teeth.

“Who do you think you are?” He yelled again.

“You can’t yell at me like that in front of people!’”—still yelling.

“What would people think of me?!”—the yelling got louder.

Then I saw him panted as he put so much of work on yelling at me. And the thing that crossed my mind at the time was that he’s a total idiot.

Then, before I could realize it, a chuckle slipped out of my mouth.

“You think it’s funny?” He yelled for umpteenth times.

“Okay. Stop it already!” It was so ridiculous and I couldn’t help myself to laugh.

***

Joo Hyuk was dragging me down the stairs from the rooftop because he insisted that the food for committees might be gone if we didn’t get back to the hall. He didn’t ask me if anything was wrong or if I was okay, he was just being himself like there was nothing going on with me. When it was—a huge event in my life ever. But I was feeling grateful for his oblivious act—or his act on being oblivious with me.

“They must dig everything just now, come on,” he pulled my wrist as we were walking down the stairs.

My eyes were landing on the steps because I didn’t want to make myself tripped. But, seriously, he dragged me with no mercy. I even doubted that he care of my safety. Then, a pair of feet was standing a few steps down. Lifting my eyes, I saw no other than the one I had been trying to avoid all day.

Kim Hanbin was just standing there, staring at me, with his poker face. I swear, I wanted to hit that face because I could never read his mind. But, my heart was being so tender that it dropped to the ground.

“Kim Hanbin!” Joo Hyuk chuckled. “We’re going to eat, let’s get to the hall together.”

Instead of answering, Kim Hanbin just went up the stairs. Passed me who was still dumbfounded. He didn’t even say anything until I heard the rooftop’s door was closed.

***

Later at the night, I was just lying on my bed in my room. I worked on the hall with my mind was nowhere, so the outcome was nothing but needed-second-handling-from-Donghyuk. Joo Hyuk didn't say anything about Hanbin and I didn't see him in the hall after the school ended.

But, I feel relieved since I didn't have to face him. I didn't know what to say if he asked me anything.

Kim Hanbin. At the time, I was still feeling pricked everytime I think about him. All he did is nothing, but it made me more in the pain. But, I didn't see it in him. It was like he didn't feel anything at all. And thinking about that was painful too.

But, I knew that I have to tell everyone at the end.

With that thought, I forced my eyes to close.

***

"Are you going to stare at your food all day?" Soo Ah nudged me from my day dreaming.

All of the works in the hall had been already finished the day before, so we don't have to lunch in the hall anymore. But the fact didn't make me better because I knew I didn't have excuse to be in a rush every break time. And I couldn't avoid my friends anymore.

"I am not hungry," I said nonchalantly.

Soo Ah narrowed her eyes. "What happen?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter