The Benefit of Being His Girl

Crush Into Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last time I felt like I didn’t want to go to school and just spending my whole day inside my room was when my first day in high school. Unlike other people who would be so excited on their first day in high school, I just wanted to skip the day instead. That was the same feeling that haunted my morning. I didn’t have any intention going to school that day.

But there was nothing I could do since I had a persistent routines I couldn’t avoid recklessly. So I ceased in the kitchen, grabbing the bread Dara-unnie had already baked and headed to the front door where Chanwoo was tying up his shoes.

Chanwoo is the last person I wanted to tell him about me and Hanbin. I didn’t know what he would do when I told him that her sister was dating his idol. Ugh, it wouldn’t be an easy job.

We didn’t talk a lot on our way to school. Either I or Chanwoo was busy with our phone. I didn’t have any idea what was he doing or who was texting him since I was too busy with my own phone. Soo Ah was texting me like a freak. She already knew since I told her in the middle of the night and she didn’t reply which meant that she was already in a deep sleep at the time. She probably found out my text in the morning and her phone might be exploded because of her curiosity.

“Noona, let’s go,” Chanwoo distracted me from my phone as the bus stopped. I turned off my phone and followed Chanwoo to get out of the bus. We walked down the street and I sighed as we entered the gate.

“Noona, do you know Jennie Kim?” Chanwoo suddenly asked me.

“Oh,” I was a bit startled but I nodded.

“There’s something inside my bag, just take it,” Chanwoo stopped and shifted his bag in front of me. I found a little box as I opened his bag and took it out. Chanwoo turned back to face me before I could zip his bag.

“There’s nothing bad inside it, I’ve checked before,” Chanwoo pointed at the box. “Just in case it’s the horrible message like before,” he added.

I furrowed my brows as I stared at the box when suddenly I heard someone shouted my name and I recognized the owner of the voice immediately. I forced Chanwoo to turn around so that I could hide behind him. I wasn’t ready to meet the owner of the loud voice but the footsteps were getting closer. Damn.

“Chanyoung-a!” Soo Ah approached us but I used Chanwoo as the barrier between us. “Gizibed, let’s talk our out,” she yelled.

“Soo Ah-ya, I told you…”

“You took a day to tell me?” Soo Ah tried to reach me but Chanwoo’s body prevented it.

“What’s wrong? Both of you…Ouch…” Chanwoo whined.

“Get your off of here,” Soo Ah pinched him.

I stepped back as I knew that Soo Ah would do everything until I explained every little thing between me and Hanbin. Soo Ah kept her hands reaching out at me when I bumped into someone behind me. I turned my head just to see Joo Hyuk was standing right behind me.

He stared at me with his platonic face but I could feel there was something off with him. He wasn’t as glowing as he used to be and I thought it was all because of my words a few days ago. Soo Ah stopped trying to reach me and she ended up in Chanwoo’s arms.

“I think we should talk,” Joo Hyuk opened his mouth.

“I have the same thought,” I replied.

He motioned me to follow him as he led the way to the cafeteria. I didn’t know what I was going to say but I knew that I was overboard the day before. It wasn’t Joo Hyuk’s fault at all.

I was too busy with my own mind and I didn’t realized that we had arrived at the cafeteria. Joo Hyuk took a seat and I sat in front of him. He wasn’t fooling around as he used to do and I missed it since it was so awkward at the moment. No one of us felt like to talk.

“It’s so uncomfortable, isn’t it?” Joo Hyuk finally broke the silence.

“I’m sorry,” I heard my voice was a bit trembled. “I was overreacted at the time.”

“Yes, you are,” he smirked. “But I was the one who should apologize. I was so coward that I couldn’t tell you earlier.”

I saw him gave me his genuine smile and yet it made me felt like I did him so wrong. Well, I did. And the feeling wouldn’t disappear when he shifted his body towards me. “Jennie told me everything,” he stated.

My eyes were bigger as he said that.

“She has regretted all of the mistakes she made and she said that she wants to apologize but she didn’t have any guts to do so,” Joo Hyuk explained.

“You must be very close with her,” I stated.

“I’ve known her since she was born,” Joo Hyuk replied.

There was something written on his face when he said that and I thought that he might have a special feeling towards her. It wasn’t strange since Jennie Kim is undoubtedly hot and gorgeous. “I’m not angry anymore,” I said truthfully.

“I know,” Joo Hyuk smirked. “You’re not the kind of girl who holds a grudge,” he looked straight into my eyes.

“That’s not good for my soul,” I leaned back. “She gave me this,” I put the box I got from Chanwoo before on the table, “She’s so cute.”

“Told you. She’s still like a baby,” Joo Hyuk took the box. “Mickey Mouse?”

I looked at the miniature as he took it out from the box. She did know about it?

“She must dig everything about you,” Joo Hyuk chuckled.

“She did,” I grabbed the miniature. “That’s mine.”

oOo

After the little talk about Jennie Kim, Joo Hyuk seemed back to himself and that was such a relief since his shady face were so terrified. I couldn’t stand the awkward moment with him when he didn’t even want to make the situation better. I’d rather choose his silly jokes or something like that than his gloomy one.

We were heading to our class and Joo Hyuk started to be talkative all the way to my class. I love the way that he would easily make the situation back to normal and act like there was nothing happened.

“I’ll talk to Jennie since you agreed to meet her,” Joo Hyuk said as we stood in front of my classroom. There was still a few minutes until the first class began.

“Tell her to take it easy, I don’t have a plan to use seniority again,” I snorted.

“She was so terrified when you brought it up, that’s why she didn’t want you to know her identity. Besides, she said that Soo Ah is so scary,” Joo Hyuk smirked.

“Good morning, Chanyoung-a.”

My body was frozen when I heard the voice. I was not ready for that. I wasn’t ready to bump into him at the moment. But Kim Hanbin couldn’t read my mind so that he just made his way towards us and smiled at me. My face was too stiff to form a smile.

“How is your leg?” I could finally use my tounge.

“It’s definitely fine,” he smirked. Hanbin patted my head as he entered the class.

I was just frozen like an idiot and there was no word left my lips. But Joo Hyuk distracted me from my idiotic mind.

“What was that?”

“Joo Hyuk-a, I think I don’t want to come in…” I murmured.

“What?” Joo Hyuk a bit startled. “What are you saying?”

It needed a few seconds for me to get a grip and got my brain works again. “Nothing,” I replied as I hurriedly entered the class.

oOo

It wasn’t like there was any stone on my feet but I felt like it was so hard to move my feet. I took the tray and started to stand in the line to get the food. It was just an ordinary thing as a student and I’ve done it dozen times. The thing was, Kim Hanbin was standing right behind me and Jinhwan trailed him.

I didn’t mean that I was embarrassed or something like that but it was just a bit uncomfortable. I meant, it was right that we were officially dating and every couple in the school enjoy the lunch together. The thing was, it was Kim Hanbin we were talking here. It would be such a huge news if everyone else found out the truth between me and him and it would be so tiring to me.

“Aren’t you gonna walk forward?” Kim Hanbin whispered behind me and it almost made me jumped.

Hanbin smirked as he saw my awkward movement and he took over my tray. “You make it obvious,” he said as he made me step forward.

“What’s obvious?” Jinhwan suddenly barged in. “I know that there must be something between you. What is it?”

But Hanbin finished fill the tray with the foods and he led the way to the empty table. Didn’t want to get any interrogation from Jinhwan, I hurriedly followed Hanbin and ignoring him. I sat in front of Hanbin and he pushed the tray towards me.

“Here,” he placed the chopsticks on the tray.

“Mwoya? What the hell is going on here?” Jinhwan sat beside Hanbin and stared at me with his piercing eyes.

“Thank you,” I took the chopsticks and started to eat the foods. I didn’t want Jinhwan to question me any longer so I tried to ignoring him by enjoying the meals Hanbin had given me.

“Aren’t you gonna eat?” I asked silently.

“You guys want to keep it out of me?” Jinhwan barged in again.

“I’ll go get some,” Hanbin stood up and walked away ignoring Jinhwan who seemed a bit dejected. Great, he left me with his curious ally and I didn’t have a choice but face Jinhwan’s suspicious gaze. Thanks, Kim Hanbin.

“You’re dating, aren’t you?” Jinhwan’s sudden words successfully made me choked. He laughed as I tried to sip the water and it was so . That was when Soo Ah put the tray on the table and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter