Protect Us

Crush Into Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I brought my lunch towards the table in the corner of the cafeteria. There was just a few students since the break had just started. Well, it was a good chance though that I didn’t have to face so many people. Yeah, I still felt ashamed because of the incident I did yesterday. Honestly, it wasn’t a big deal for me but you know, you can’t eat deliciously if people keep staring at you so I was so relieved. But it’d be okay if Soo Ah was there with me but she was still in her class along with Junhoe and Donghyuk. I sighed as I felt jealous that they were in the same class.
I took a seat near the window so I could see the empty yard. I was a bit startled as I felt someone put his lunch on the table. I lifted my head finding Kim Hanbin was standing beside me. He then took a seat right next to me without saying anything.
“Annyeong, Chanyoung-a,” Jinhwan greeted me and took a seat across Hanbin.
What is it? Why did they sit with me?
“What is it?” I blurted what was going on my mind. “Why are you both here?”
“To have a lunch of course,” Jinhwan smirked.
Didn’t want to make things complicated, I just let them enjoying their lunch. But I regretted it later. I could feel Hanbin didn’t even touch his foods but just looked at me. He leaned his elbow to sustain his head yet his eyes were landed on me. That definitely made me uneasy that I couldn’t enjoy my lunch but ended up just steering it. Jinhwan seemed enjoying his lunch and didn’t even pay attention to us.
Seriously, what was wrong with the boy? I’d rather be being stared by the whole students in the school than being stared by him.
“What?” I dropped my chopsticks and faced him. He didn’t even move a bit but kept staring at me. That was when I suddenly felt the same feeling before. There was something moving inside my stomach. Ugh, please don’t.
“I am thinking,” he stated with his poker face.
“About?” I leaned my back against the parapet.
“To protect you,” he said nonchalantly. His eyes was staring into mine and it gave me a strange chill when he said that.
“What do you mean?” Okay, I need to breathe.
“Oh Hyuk,” Hanbin straightened his body and took the chopsticks. “They have known about you and Chanwoo.”
“What?” I shouted. “Did you just say that my life is in danger?!”
“Kind of,” Hanbin responded in ease.
I dropped my hands onto my lap as I felt my soul left my body. Why? Why did I act so dumb and harm my own life like that? I recklessly made them after me. See? That was why I didn’t want to be involved with Hanbin because I knew it would turn like this. He harmed not only my youth but also Chanwoo’s. He was still young though.
“You,” I pointed Hanbin. “You’re the one responsible of this.”
“I told you to run though,” he shrugged his shoulders.
“I don’t care. Just make sure that those guys won’t touch me or Chanwoo,” I insisted.
“There’s no way they will go after you so far,” Hanbin replied.
“Well, I don’t think so,” Jinhwas suddenly opened his mouth. “Oh Hyuk is known to be so cruel and stubborn.”
“What?” I was startled.
“Still, they won’t make them hospitalized more than a week,” Hanbin insisted.
“What?” I almost yelled.
“I think Chanwoo should be our priority since he was a boy,” Jinhwan added. They didn’t even pay attention on me.
“Let’s go find him then,” Hanbin was about to stand up but I held his shirt.
“How could you just leave me like this,” I almost cried. Hanbin was staring at me with his damn flat face.
“Why? I’ll try to protect your brother,” Hanbin stated.
“And leave me alone? What if the go after me? What if they know my house?”
“What if they chase your brother instead?” Hanbin furrowed his eyebrows.
“He’s a boy though, I don’t think they will go after him. What if they decided to go after me since they will think that I am precious to you and try to chase me like in the dramas?” I mumbled and still held his shirt.
“What?” Hanbin laughed and then looked at me. “Don’t say that you’re thinking such a thoughts now,” he smirked.
Damn. What did I just say? I felt ashamed all of sudden. Why did I have to say such words anyway. I had embarrassed myself in front of him and now he was teasing me. Ugh, I wanted to punch him when he gave me his evil smile.
“I think she’s right though,” Jinhwan interrupted. “In my opinion, there’s probability that they will go after her.”
Hanbin looked at his one and only ally as if he just said something in different language. Well, I was so thankful that Jinhwan said so. I didn’t care at all that Hanbin would tease me or something like that, I just wanted to keep my life goes on.
Hanbin sighed and leaned back. “I think they will chase Chanwoo too like they did to Yunhyeong,” Hanbin stated.
Did he mean Song Yunhyeong? The guy who was with him that night?
“Does it mean that Chanwoo is harmed? Oh, come on, he’s still a kid,” I was frustrated.
“Oh Hyuk has chased Yunhyeong since he was in the junior high school,” Jinhwan told me.
“Oh, no,” I didn’t expect something horrible like that would come out.
“But you’re the priority since you’re a girl,” Jinhwan added. “I’ll take care of Chanwoo. And Hanbin-a,” Jinhwan turned to face Hanbin.
“You need to keep them stay away from her, she doesn’t have anyone like Lee Hayi does,” Jinhwan gave him a serious face.
What? Did he just say Lee Hayi? Was Lee Hayi in the same situation like me before?
“Arasso,” Hanbin replied nonchalantly.

oOo

“What?” Soo Ah was so surprised when I told her about Oh Hyuk. Donghyuk and Junhoe was also a bit startled with the fact that I was involved with Hanbin’s stuff like that. They just arrived a few minutes after Hanbin and Jinhwan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter