A Long Wait

Crush Into Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took me a while to get a grip onto his sudden words. It was just like a flash of light that occurs for less than a second. But those three words was indeed slipped out of his lips right in front of me so it wasn’t like I misheard it.

He said that he loves me.

My heart wasn’t ready for that at the time—which I didn’t know if it would ever be ready for that—so I remained in silent. He was still staring at me with his unusual gaze. There was something in his eyes and it made me want to say the same thing right away. But then I realized that there was something left behind.

“I need an explanation,” I declared.

Hanbin seemed a bit taken aback with my respond but he could easily manage his face. Then a smile appeared upon his face. It was the same smile he did before and it never fail in making my heart skips a beat.

“Is that what I get from confessing my feeling?”

“I tend to remember the debts,” I shrugged.

“Then I have no choice, right?” He smirked.

Kim Hanbin stretched out his hand as he offered it to me. He put his palm upfront and said, “Let’s go.”

I didn’t know what was he up to at the time so I just staring at him with my questioned face. He got my sign and motioned me to hold his hand. It made me a bit surprised about what he was going to do but he kept shaking his hand, motioned me to hold his hand right away.

So, I ended up put my hand on his and he immediately grabbed it tight. He intertwined our fingers and stood up when I was still sitting on the floor. He sighed before he pulled me up onto my own feet. He started to walk and pulled me out of the hall.

“Where are we going?”

I was starting to feel afraid since we were walking down the corridor and into the cafeteria. There were a few students in front of us and I was afraid they would see me and Hanbin. No one knew about me and Hanbin beside our friends at the time and I wasn’t ready yet to tell the world. But he seemed indifferent as he kept walking and dragging me along.

“You haven’t eaten yet,” he said. “Let’s eat first.”

The dozens pairs of eyes were looking at me and Hanbin as we made our way to the crowded cafeteria. There were so many strange things happened in our school before but seeing Kim Hanbin was walking hand in hand with a girl might be the strangest thing they ever witnessed. I could feel they were mumbling and astonished by the haps in front of them.

My mind wasn’t working at the time he placed me in line with another students so that we could get our food.

“You know I don’t like to get attention,” I whispered to Hanbin who seemed indifferent.

“I don’t know,” Hanbin took a tray and craned it to me.

“I want an explanation not food,” I still lowered my voice as we moved to get the side dish.

“Don’t you want to eat?” Hanbin raised his brow.

His words made me realize that I was so hungry at the moment. Joo Hyuk promised me to bring some food but in the end, he sent me this fierce guy instead. That was when I realized that Joo Hyuk was nowhere in the cafeteria. But I didn’t have time to look for him when the big guy beside me was pretending to babysit me.

“Do we have to eat here?” I asked Hanbin as I followed his steps towards the table on the corner.

“Are we supposed to eat somewhere else?” Hanbin shifted a chair and I was a bit startled when he motioned me to sit there.

“I didn’t know you’re such a gentleman,” I blurted as I sat there. It was a bit awkward since everyone was staring at us so I tried to keep my face indifferent. But it was twice harder compared when I was with Chanwoo. It was the first time we both have a lunch together since there will always be Soo Ah, June, Donghyuk, Chanwoo and Jinhwan before. So, it was so strange to just sit there with him alone.

I was awkwardly stuffing the food in front of me to my mouth as I could feel Hanbin kept staring at me. He didn’t even touch his food and it made me so uncomfortable. Putting my chopstick into the tray, I leaned my back as I stared at Hanbin.

“What?” I couldn’t stand his quietness anymore.

“I’m thinking,” Hanbin replied nonchalantly.

“About?”

“Where should I start explaining to you,” he still had his eyes on me when he said that.

I didn’t expect that he was thinking about that. It might be hard for him to tell me all of the things he had kept for himself all this time. I might already knew about Bobby and him but he had no idea about that. It made me realize that I might pushed him too much.

He said that he loves me and from the way he said that, I was sure that he did mean it. So, I thought that I was a bit overboard for expecting something more from him. I mean, it was Kim Hanbin who we’re talking here so I should have just given him time. I realized that it must be hard to tell someone about your life and I wasn’t sure if I also could do that. Especially when you’re an anti-social-one like Kim Hanbin.

I’ve made up my mind at the time that I wouldn’t force him to explain it until he want to do it himself.

“Kim Hanbin,” I called his name. “You can tell me anytime you want to.”

***

No matter how many times I thought about it, I was still thinking that the idea was not good. With all of those abstract painting, my mind had not changed. But Kim Hanbin insisted that I should come with him to see those guys again. It wasn’t like I didn’t want to meet the guys but I was still feeling embarrassed because of my deed before.

But Kim Hanbin didn’t even care about that.

“I won’t come in,” I shook my head as we stood in front of the door.

“Then I won’t tell you anything,” Hanbin threatened me.

“Why did you want me to meet them anyway?” I furrowed my brows as I saw there is no reason for me to meet those guys.

Hanbin seemed thinking about my question as he looked at me with his guilty face. “Actually…We made some kind of agreement…”

I was waiting him to continue his words but he seemed hardly to find the right thing to say.

“What?”

“We promise to bring and introduce our girlfriend to each other,” he said it so fast that I needed a few seconds to understand what he meant. He looked so embarrassed after he said that.

Well, it successfully made me burst and laugh.

“Are you serious?” I couldn’t help myself since Hanbin’s face at the time was so priceless. It was the most entertaining face he made that I had witnessed so far. I had never thought that he would show me his mere human side like that.

“Just forget it then,” Hanbin turned his body as he was about to leave the place but I held his hand.

“Where are you going? Let’s greet them then,” I blinked.

Hanbin seemed regretting his idea to bring me there but I dragged him all along into the place. But when we walked through the door, I realized that the place was more hectic than before. There was someone I’ve never seen before and most of that, I almost got a heart attack when I saw Chanwoo was also there with that strange guy.

Beside the faces I saw when the first time I was there, Lee Hayi was sitting on the couch with Jinwoo. They were singing and ignoring my appearance as if it was just a normal sight for me to blend there. Well, at least it lessened my worries since I wasn’t ready yet to talk with Hayi.

“Chanyong-ah,” I heard Mino shouted my name.

“Well, seems like I don’t have to introduce you anymore,” Hanbin shrugged as Mino made his way towards us.

“I’m sorry, dude. But you gotta move,” Mino gestured Hanbin to piss off.

“I’m sorry but the rules here say that you’re prevented from being less than a meter away from your boyfriend,” Mino put his arm on my shoulders as he dragged me to the corner. Just then I could see Hanbin’s dejected face but he decided to sit with Seungyoon.

On the other side of the room, I could see Lee Hayi was following us with her corner eyes. I didn’t know what was going on at the time but I felt like it’s not right for me to just ignore her. I did think that it was so immature if I did that.

“So, Chanwoo is your brother, huh?” Mino stepped into the mini kitchen and took two cans of coke from the refrigerator.

“Yup,” I was thinking if I should take the can he offered since I don’t really like carbonated drink. But I thought it was rude if I didn’t take it so I ended up holding the frozen can. Not wanting to take even just a single sip.

“So, I think I’m the new comer here?” I played my fingers around the lid of the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter