I Told You to Run

Crush Into Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time when you met someone and you called it a destiny, I’d prefer that it was just a coincidence. That was what I told myself when I saw Song Yunhyeong approached me with the guy I wanted to avoid the most. I found that it was hard to breath when I saw Bobby was following him, I couldn’t do anything but telling myself that I just need to act normally. And believe me, it was not easy. At all.

“What are you doing here, Chanyoung-a?” Yunhyeong questioned me.

To be honest, I was wondering too why I stood in front of his school at the time. Oh right, I just wanted to ask him about Hanbin and why he fought the day before. But I thought that I already got the answer.

Bobby’s face wasn’t in a good condition anyway so I guessed that it was related with Hanbin.

“No…nothing,” I finally could find my voice. “I was just passing by.”

“Is that so?” Yunhyeong gave me his suspicious face and I knew right away that he didn’t believe me at all. I thought that it was because I used to trick him a lot. Ugh.

“Woah, you were that girl, right?” Bobby’s sudden words made me got a heart attack. “Ah, it’s right,” he said out loud.

He remembered me. “Ah, yeah,” I was so speechless.

“Yunhyeong-a, you know her? Why didn’t you tell me? You should’ve introduced her to me,” Bobby seemed so cheered up.

Heol. I didn’t expect that he was that kind of guy. Well, he was no different with Hanbin then, I guessed that was how they could be ‘friends’.

“I’m Bobby,” he gave me his smile and I didn’t know that his smile somehow was so cute. It was unexpected. Okay, I lost my mind for a while.

“Jung Chanyoung,” I nodded.

“Ah, you shouldn’t bother her, she’s…”

I pulled Yunhyeong’s shirt since I knew that he was going to tell Bobby that I was Hanbin’s girlfriend. Oh, no. At the time, I just found out how to feed my curiosity towards them. Bobby seemed so friendly and I just had to get along with him so that I could find the answer.

“Yunhyeong-a, let’s buy teokpokki there. I heard that it’s so delicious,” I reasoned.

“What? So you’re here to have teokpokki? It’s strange, it’s not that tasty though,” he said innocently.

“Why? She said that she want to taste it, let’s go,” Bobby blinked at me.

Jeez, I didn’t know if it was a good decision.

 

***

 

Until the last piece of teokpokki, I still couldn’t find the reason how could Bobby and Hanbin being in such situation. They might look intimidated but I didn’t find any bad sign though. They were just like another students, no, just a bit like a normal student. But, seriously, they weren’t that bad.

At least that was what I thought until I had to run with them through the narrow alley. Gosh, it was so far from my house so that I didn’t know exactly where we were at the time. It happened so fast. Just a few minutes before we were having our teoppokki when some guys approached us and Bobby shouted that we should run.

Jeez, I ran without even knowing my fault. Again. I know, I’m such a fool.

Yunhyeong was running in front of me while Bobby trying to hold the guys by dropping the things behind us. I thought that I was going to be in a big trouble. But before I could exactly figure what happened, the high wall in front of us made me lose my mind.

We couldn’t go anywhere anymore.

I could hear Bobby cursed when the big guys appeared. Without any warning, Bobby started to fight with those guys. My mind was still away when I felt Yunhyeong pushed me backwards and it made me crushed into the wall. He didn’t have time to take care of me and joined Bobby to beat the guys.

The thought that crossed my mind at the time was—that it was over. There were three big guys and it was impossible to get out of there. My back was in pain but I tried not to feel it.

When I got my mind back, I took my phone. I thought that I had to call the police. But, then I saw someone emerged from the end of the alley. I couldn’t tell how I felt at the time. But his appearance somehow could release a bit of my worried.

Hanbin was running towards us.

It was such a relief that Jinhwan was following him behind. I wasn’t sure but Hanbin seemed like he was staring right into my eyes when he ran towards us. Then I knew that he was so angry. There was something in his eyes that wasn’t right. But then instead of reaching out to me, Hanbin just started to kick those big guys.

“Are you okay?” Jinhwan approached me.

“Ye…yeah…” I found my voice was a bit trembled.

If you asked me how I felt when I saw Hanbin was fighting with the guys, I would say that it wasn’t right. I felt like I shouldn’t have been there. It wasn’t right to watch him fight like that and there was something inside me that kept bothering me. It was like there was a big stone in my womb and I didn’t want to see him like that.

Jinhwan joined them eventually and those big guys seemed overwhelmed. They were saying something that I couldn’t understand before they left us.

After a few minutes, Bobby was lying on the ground while Yunhyeong and Jinhwan was sitting and leaned their back against the brick. Hanbin didn’t even move after those guys left. He was just standing in front of me with his back was facing me. I didn’t know what he was thinking but somehow it felt like there was a cold air between us.

He turned his back after a few seconds and approached me. There was something off. He was mad. And I didn’t know why.

“Let’s go home,” he said as he gave me a sign to follow him.

I just followed him without saying anything. Honestly, no one said anything. No one stared at us when Hanbin and I passed them but a short laugh left Bobby’s mouth when we walked beside him who was staring up to the sky like an idiot.

Hanbin didn’t say anything when we were walking home and I considered it as his sign that he wasn’t in a good condition to talk about anything. But it wasn’t right, I felt like he was mad at me. I knew that he didn’t do that for no reason.

“You’re so unpredictable,” Hanbin broke the silence.

“What?”

“I didn’t know I’d find you there,” he scoffed. “Daebak,” he said scornfully.

“Well, I bumped into them,” I said nonchalantly.

“Then try to not bumped into them again,” he said coldly.

“Why?”

“Do I need to tell you why?” Hanbin stopped his step and he seemed upset.

“What? Are you jealous?” I furrowed my brows. I knew I was so childish for saying such a words at the time, but I just couldn’t control myself.

Hanbin took a deep breath before he rubbed his hair with his fingers. “It’s not like that, okay?” he sighed. Well, I thought that he would be dumbfounded with my blunt question but he didn’t. He looked so mad at the time and somehow I was terrified with him.

“Look,” he looked straight into my eyes. “It’s not safe for you being around them. You were almost screwed up today.”

I was so speechless. I didn’t think that he would say such a thing. He was just worried and I was a fool who didn’t know his sincerity.

“It’s not safe to be around me either,” he sighed. I still remember the way he looked so hurt when he said that. And it hurt me too because he didn’t see straight to my eyes.

It was so hard for me to say a thing because I knew that I was being so childish to think that he was just jealous. I was so embarrassed of myself. “I…I don’t know it would turn out like this,” I could finally find my voice.

“Forget it,” he released his deep breath. “Just try not to get involved with them, okay?”

I nodded and he continued to walk so I followed him. It was strange. Somehow I forgot that I was dating Kim Hanbin. He was the one who was being avoided by the whole school just because his horrible behavior, but I forgot about that. The fact that I was dating him s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter