Chapter 24

When I Needed You Most

After dinner, Jongsu worked quietly on homework while Jongdae washed up. Baekhyun helped Jongsu with his math. At about nine thirty Jongdae sent Jongsu to bed and then returned to the sofa where Baekhyun was still seated, sipping idly at a glass of water.

“Want something stronger?” Jongdae asked, returning with two beers from the fridge.

“I didn’t know you drank,” Baekhyun said, taking one of the bottles gratefully. Jongdae shrugged. “I broke up with Taeyeon,” Baekhyun said, taking a long sip. Jongdae didn’t say anything, “I also came out to my mom, also I think my ex-boyfriend was hiding something big like our whole relationship.”

“Damn,” Jongdae said simply. Baekhyun nodded, there wasn’t much else to say. “Do you want to spend the night?”

Baekhyun nodded, Jongdae set his beer down and scooted closer on the sofa so their knees were touching. Baekhyun leaned forward and put his head between his knees, Jongdae rubbed his back soothingly.

“Do you want to watch TV?”

“Sure” Baekhyun tucked his knees up and laid down so his head was in Jongdae’s lap. Jongdae his hair and flipped through the channels until they found some cooking show. Baekhyun wasn’t really paying attention to the show, he was too distracted by Jongdae’s legs under his head, Jongdae’s hand in his hair. Jongdae looked so focused on the show, leaving Baekhyun to focus on Jongdae.

From where he was Baekhyun could see Jongdae’s jaw and his Adam's apple, Baekhyun had a nasty thought he wasn’t quick enough to push out of his head. He wished he could blame the beer but he wasn’t lightweight enough to be drunk off one beer, he wasn’t really tired, he just really wanted to kiss Jongdae.

He was single, Jongdae was single, Baekhyun didn’t really see what was stopping them. From kissing, or dating, or whatever. If Jongdae played with his hair for one more second Baekhyun was going to explode. He sat up abruptly, causing Jongdae to jump.

“What’s wrong?”

Baekhyun swung his legs over the couch and spun around so he was facing Jongdae, Baekhyun had never felt more alert. He felt like energy was pulsing through his veins. He felt nervous and scared and alive.

“Baekhyun what’s wrong?” Jongdae looked at him with concern, Baekhyun leaned forward slowly, waiting for Jongdae to back away or punch him or something. Jongdae didn’t do either of those things, he just stared intently at Baekhyun as he moved closer. Baekhyun stopped breathing.

“Baekhyun-” Jongdae breathed, Baekhyun stopped, time froze. Jongdae looked at Baekhyun for a second, almost searching his face. After a second Jongdae’s eyes settled on Baekhyun’s lips and Baekhyun’s heart did a summersault.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and closed the gap, finally pressing his lips to Jongdae’s. At first, it was chaste, just their lips touching as they got used to the idea of kissing each other.

Jongdae is the one who deepened it, bringing his hands up to cup Baekhyun’s face to deepen the kiss. He gently on Baekhyun’s lip, eliciting a soft moan. Baekhyun brought his hands up and ran them through Jongdae’s hair, messing it up as much as possible. As quickly as it had started the kiss ended as Baekhyun pulled away. They sat for a long time, staring at each other, catching their breath. Jongdae’s hair was messed up and his lips were swollen, Baekhyun was proud of the way Jongdae’s jaw was slack and his eyes dilated.

“I have to work in the morning,” Baekhyun said, surprised his voice worked. Also, what a lame thing to say. He mentally kicked himself. 

“We can go to sleep” Jongdae suggested. Baekhyun nodded and Jongdae stood up, grabbing Baekhyun’s hand and leading him to the bedroom. They didn’t talk much, or at all, in the bedroom. They just crawled into bed, Baekhyun snuggled against Jongdae and Jongdae’s arms around Baekhyun, still his hair. They both pretended to sleep and at some point they actually fell asleep, but with his head on Jongdae’s chest Baekhyun could hear Jongdae's heart pounding well into the night.

 

A/N: ahhhhhhhhh
hhhh
hh
anyway here is the playlist: http://8tracks.com/e3ba2d/3am-walmart-runs
if you want the tracklist i can figure out how to post that!!!! 
anyway pls comment!!!! idk how this happened!!! this is not what i planned but we r all going w it lol!!!!! 
also im traveling next week so sorry this is short but i wanted to give u something before i leave! ill try and update once more before i go but i might not have time bc i am also updating my star wars au more!!!