Chapter 7

In Between

 

Our love last forever

Aaron turns slowly and what came into view was a familiar face.

Aaron: *Surprise* George?

George smiles: You have not answered my question. What are you doing in a back alley when you are supposed to be resting at home?

Aaron: Huh? Resting…?

George: Yea! Gui Gui told me you were not feeling well and I was on my way to your apartment when I found you here.

Aaron POV: Oh yea! I was supposed to be sick.

George: And…*touches Aaron’s forehead* are you all right? I saw you talking to yourself.

Aaron: I…I was just…memorising some notes from the lecture!

George: *Sceptical* Really?

Aaron nods vigorously.

George: Hmmm....nevertheless, I think you should go home and get some rest.

Aaron: Great idea!

George: You need me to go with you?

Aaron: No, I’m fine by myself. Just go back to the morgue. I will report to work on time tomorrow.

George: Ok then…take care *smiles*

Aaron watched as George left.

Aaron: Phew…that’s a close shave. *Sighs* Troubles always have company…

Yumi: Are you implying that we are troubles?

Miko: Yea?

Aaron: *explains frantically* Of course not! I…no…I don’t mean that….

Yumi and Miko burst into laughter: All right….

Yumi: Aaron, can we proceed to our original plan?

Aaron knew exactly what Yumi meant and he nodded. After all, this would be the last time for the twins to see the love of their life…
-----------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand

Chun gave the guy a powerful kick to his abdominal which makes him scream in pain.

With that, Chun took out his handcuffs to subdue the thief. The thief struggles but to no avail.

Chun: How dare you steal in front of me?!

Another police officer on patrol came to assist Chun: Sir, may I take over from here?

Chun: Yea sure. Thanks.

Chun POV: Oh yea…Aaron Yan! Damn it!

Chun ran back to the place where he last saw Aaron, hoping to catch sight of him. However, to his dismay, Aaron was nowhere in sight.

Chun: Damn it!

Chun was actually following Aaron and was about to go into the alley too but he saw a thief escaping after robbing a lady. He had no choice but to run after the thief, thus missing the opportunity to tail Aaron further.

Just then, a thought strike Chun.

Chun: I still have my ways of finding out what you are up to…..
---------------------------------------------------------

Aaron smiles as wide as he could: Hi, I’m Aaron.

He offers a handshake and the other party returns it.

‘Hi, I’m Danson. Pardon me but….do I know you?’ Danson asked the stranger curiously.

Aaron: I…I am a friend of Yumi and Miko.

Yumi and Miko are just beside him, engrossed in observing Danson.

Yumi: He is still as charming….

Miko: But he lost some weight…He must be working too hard…

Aaron mumbles: Don’t distract me….

Danson: Sorry? What did you say?

Aaron: *explains hurriedly* Oh nothing….

Danson: You mentioned you were Yumi and Miko’s friend?

Aaron: Yea…

Danson looked down, deep in thoughts.

Aaron wondered if the expression was because of deep love for the twins or purely because he was trying to avoid any connections with Yumi and Miko. After all, he was the main reason for the death of the twins.

Aaron: You….you still remember them…..even if they are…..

Danson kept quiet.

Miko: Aaron….I don’t think he does….

Yumi: He…he seems to have…..forgotten about us…

Aaron POV: Girls…I really wished I could tell you that you guys are wrong but it seems like Danson was just fooling around…

Not wanting to hurt the twins further, Aaron decided to leave.

Aaron: I just take my leave. Sorry for interrupting.

With that, he turned and walk towards the grand gate of Danson’s house. After all, his wife is the daughter of the property tycoon of Taiwan. It was within Aaron’s expectation that Danson had already forgotten the twins as he has a beautiful and wealthy wife now.

Just then, as if to prove his thoughts wrong, Danson called out: Aaron!

Aaron stopped.

Danson: I would never be able to forget them-the love of my life.
---------------------------------------------------------

Police Station

Chun looks at the computer screen intensely.

Chun: Yea! Found it!

He looked into the database to find the document that Gui Gui had accessed earlier that day and he found out that Aaron was using Gui Gui to track a guy named Danson’s whereabouts.

Chun: In what way is Aaron related to this guy?

Chun saw Gui Gui sitting at her desk, busy with her work.

Chun: Aaron Yan, I will not let you harm Gui Gui…
----------------------------------------------------------

Cemetery

Danson: This is the first time I came here. I couldn’t bring myself to come. I was too much of a coward.

Aaron: You loved them, don’t you?

Yumi and Miko are standing at the back, listening, with tears rolling down their cheeks. Those were tears of joy and contentment.

Yumi: He still remembered us.

Miko: And it’s enough for me. I don’t ask for more.

Danson: How could I not love them? I….I forced myself to forget them because I had loved them too deeply. And that’s the reason why I had hurt them so much, costing their life. I shouldn’t have appeared in their life… I shouldn’t….

He was sobbing so hard that he couldn’t continue.

Aaron: Then…then why did you marry Genie Zhuo?

Aaron thought the twins would wanna know this.

Danson: It was… a hurried…engagement, a typical… arranged wedding …just to satisfy the wealthy cravings of both families. I didn’t have a choice…at all.

Yumi: Aaron…we have one last question…

Miko: Yea. Can you ask him….if he was to have another chance, would he choose us again?

Aaron nodded: Danson…if you had another chance back in time, would you choose Yumi and Miko to be your loved ones again?

Danson: Aaron….when you meet your love of your life…you would never ever let go of her again and you would treasure her with all your might. Yumi and Miko were my beloved ones and they shall always occupy that place in my heart, no matter what.

His words were locked into Aaron’s mind. He knows he will treasure the special one no matter what…

Aaron gave Danson a pat on his shoulders, leaving Danson alone with the twins. Before he left, Aaron gave the twins a smile.

Yumi and Miko: Thank you Aaron.

Aaron knew he would never see them again. As they mentioned, they would leave after fulfilling this final wish, just like Angela…

Danson knelt down and wipe his tears: Yumi, Miko….how I wished you were here…. My love for the two of you will last forever….

The tears that roll down the twin’s cheek were now tears of regrets. How they wish they could turn time back to stop the race…
--------------------------------------------------------
At Danson’s Mansion

Genie: Hubby, are you feeling all right?

Genie asked as she noticed his husband acting weird.

Danson: I’m fine, dear. I just need to take a rest.

Just then, the maid came into the room.

Maid: Sir, Madam, there is a police investigator looking for Sir.

Danson: Police?

Without further ado, Danson and Genie went downstairs to meet the investigator.

Danson looks at the stranger: Hi…you are?

‘Hi Sir, I’m senior investigator, Chun. I need your co-operation on a case…’ He smiles.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry i did not update yesterday as i was having a cold. And im still having it now. LOL. Hope it did not affect the quality of the story. Thanks! *sneeze*