Chapter 14

In Between

 

Premonition

Aaron: Is this the place where he usually hangs out?

Sonia: Yea…that’s usually where Show hangs out…

Aaron asks as he steps into the pub. Aaron had told the police about Show being a suspect but they wouldn’t help Aaron as he could not produce any concrete evidence to show that Show is a suspect. Thus, Aaron has to find Show, with hope of finding any evidence to support himself.

Sonia: I don’t see Show here…maybe we can ask the bartender…he’s Wilber.

Aaron POV: The bartender….hope this bartender don’t try anything funny…. *Recalls Mike*

Aaron: Yea…Maybe we can get something out from Wilber

Sonia POV: My plan is working….

Aaron walks towards the bar counter.

Aaron: You are Wilber?

Wilber: Yo man, what’s up?

Aaron: Do you know Show?

Wilber paused for a second before asking: Who are you?

Sonia: Tell him you are Show’s friend…maybe he will help.

Aaron: I’m his friend.

Without another word, Wilber stood on the bar counter and shouted: This guy is Show’s Friend! Bash him up!!

Aaron: What?!
-----------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand

Gui Gui: Thanks *Smile*

She steps out of the shop happily.

Gui Gui: It’s fun to shop when you don’t have to worry about work. *Smiles*

Gui Gui: Hmmm…but I wonder how’s Aaron doing. He must be cracking his brain, trying to solve the crime.

Just as she was about to dial Aaron’s number, her phone rang.

Gui Gui: Hello?

‘If you want to save Aaron Yan……come to me…’ the other party says. The voice was unfamiliar as it was muffled and low. The person purposely distorts his voice using the pitch controller. He doesn’t want to be recognized.

----1 minute later----

Gui Gui had ended the phone conversation with the mysterious person.

Gui Gui: What should I do now…I have a feeling its fake…it can’t be…

Suddenly, a thought strikes her. She nervously dials Aaron’s number but no one picked up the call.

Gui Gui: Maybe it’s true! Aaron is kidnapped?! I must hurry!

She picks up speed and rushes out of the shopping mall.

The pain in her injured ankle is minor when walking. But as she runs, the pain elevates aggressively and she has to clench her teeth to tolerate it. Gui Gui knows she cannot stop running, not when Aaron is in danger.

However, what she did not know is the fact that she is not running towards Aaron but running into a trap…
----------------------------------------------------------

Aaron runs as fast as his legs can carry him.

Aaron POV: What’s wrong?! Why is everyone in the pub so against the idea of me being Show’s friend?

He turns quickly into a back alley and hides behind several wooden planks.

‘Where did he go?’ the pursuers asked angrily before charging away.

Aaron heaves a sigh of relief.

Aaron: What’s wrong with them?

He stands up and looks around for Sonia but she’s nowhere in sight.

Aaron: Why do I always get abandoned by spirits?

Just then, someone called out: Tired of running?

Aaron turns and to his horror, Wilber was standing there, with a knife in his hand.

Wilber: How dare you come to my pub and ask about Show Luo.

Aaron: What? I thought he hangs out in your pub?

Wilber: No! Not after he betrayed us to join The Hawks.

Aaron: You know who The Hawks are?

Wilber: Of course I do! But I am not going to tell you anything! Since you are his friend, you are my enemy!

Without giving Aaron a chance to explain, Wilber slashes Aaron’s arm using his pocket knife.

Wilber: This is my warning to you! Don’t you ever come to my pub….again!

Aaron watched as Wilber turned and walked away. He applies pressure to the skin deep wound to control the bleeding.

Just then, someone called out: Aaron!

He turned and was surprised to see her.

Aaron: Rainie?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Gui Gui felt uneasy as she steps into the dilapidated building. She can sense something amiss but couldn’t figure out what exactly it is.

Gui Gui: Aaron? Aaron!

She called out but there was no reply.

Just then, she heard the ‘Exit’ door ahead bangs loudly and she decided to check it out.

She edged towards the closed door and gently pushes it open with her back while she grabs her gun tightly, ready to aim and shoot.

She steps into the stairway cautiously but suddenly, someone attacked her from behind. She was knocked out instantly.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry this was posted in a hurry...dont know if its good enough.