Chapter 18

In Between

 

I’m With You

Aaron: Come on man, don’t be rash. We are on the same side.

Show: I know neither of you. How could we be on the same side?

Aaron: All right, Boss told me to ensure that you get onto the boat safely.

Show hesitated for a moment before asking: So Boss sent you?

Aaron POV: Oh my! I guess it right?! I guess humans are easier to be dealt with than spirits….

Gui Gui was having the same thought too. She was impressed by Aaron’s ‘performance’.

Aaron: Yea…that’s for sure!

Show lowers his gun: I’m sorry for being rude.

Aaron: It’s all right. *smiles* But one thing I don’t understand is, why are you going off on a boat so late? Sorry, I’m new in the triad.

Show: *raised an eyebrow* No one told you this?

Aaron: No, but Boss said I need to come quickly, to ensure your safety.

Show sighs: I’m…I murdered someone….

Aaron: You…..killed….

Gui Gui: Who did you killed?

Show: My girl.

Aaron: Your girl?!

Show: Who betrayed me for another guy…

Gui Gui: So she cheated on you?

Aaron: And you killed her because of this?

Show: No, not only that. She attempted to steal important documents that belonged to The Hawk and these documents could bring disaster to the triad if they were to be handed to the police.

Aaron: So…you killed her……

Show: Yea…

Gui Gui: But she was your girlfriend.

Show: I know…I was also in pain too! But I can’t stand betrayal. Love that isn’t honest and pure should not be treasured.

Gui Gui POV: This guy does know some love philosophy….but too bad, he is a murderer.

Aaron: So where are you escaping too?

Just when Show was about to answer Aaron’s question, Gui Gui’s cell phone rang.

She took out her phone from her pocket and something fell out of her pocket at the same time. Something that shouldn’t be appearing there- her police badge.

Aaron, Show, and Gui Gui’s eyes were fixed onto the fallen badge and the three of them paused for a second.

Show: Police?!

Without another word, he pulled out his gun. At the same time, Aaron pushes Gui Gui to a hiding place behind the crates where they were before.

Show fired but missed them.

Gui Gui took out her gun too and she fired back but none of the bullets caught Show.

Show: I hate liars!

Gui Gui: Aaron, there is no way we can get out of here! My bullets are running out.

Aaron assured her: We will get out of here. We must…

It did not take long for Gui Gui’s bullets to run out but Show was stil firing.

Gui Gui: Damn it! My bullets had ran out!

Aaron frowned. He did not know what to do. There was no way they could escape. The only route of escape was to get past Show and they could no longer do so without any bullets.

Show: *Stopped firing* What’s wrong? Ran out of bullets?
Aaron called out: Show, you can’t escape! The police will be here soon.

Show: If the police were to be here, they would have come with you guys to ambush me. Looks like you have got no evidence towards me.

Aaron: We will have evidence, don’t you worry! Just go with us and admit your crime!

Show: Shut up!

Show then walked slowly towards Aaron and Gui Gui’s hiding area, holding his gun. He stepped closer and closer and within seconds, he knew that Aaron and Gui Gui would be right under his gun, preparing to die. However, to his upmost surprise, things didn’t turn up that way.

Just when he was only one step away from finding
his ‘prey’, someone jumped out from above and kicked him right in the face.

‘You are the one who should shut up.’ The attacker said.
Aaron and Gui Gui looked up and saw an unfamiliar figure.

Gui Gui POV: That….that scent…why is it so familiar….

Selina turned to face Aaron and Gui Gui and spoke calmly: Run.

She then turned to face the challenger, who is now aiming his gun at her.

Show: Who are you? Their superior?

Selina: None of your business.

Just then, the boat arrived. Show fired at Selina, hoping to injure her so that he could escape. However, Selina was unscarred. Her movements were agile and fast and soon, she caught up with Show, was running towards the jetty.

Selina: Don’t think about escaping under my nose!

Selina disarmed him easily and twisted his arm, making him shout in pain.

Show: Let….let go!!

She then pushed him on the ground and knocked him out.
Aaron and Gui Gui ran and to their surprise, they saw George standing there, grinning.

Gui Gui: George? Why are you here?

George: I’m with her.

Aaron: Who? That…that person who saved us?

George: Yea. She’s Selina.

Just then, Selina came, dragging the unconscious Show.

Gui Gui: Yes! We have finally nabbed him! Luckily you guys were here!

George: You guys suspect that he murdered Sonia Sui?

Aaron: Not suspect. He definitely killed her.

Gui Gui: Yea.

George: But do you guys have any evidence?

Aaron: Of course! *took out his mp3* Our conversation were all recorded and these evidence are sufficient to nail him down.

George: *Smiles widely* Aaron Yan, you want to consider changing your job to a police investigator instead of a forensic intern?

Aaron: Hmm *thinks thoughtfully* Maybe I can go for both!
All four of them laughed.
----------------------------------------------------------

Rainie stood in the corner, glaring at them with hatred and jealousy. She is at the jetty too, looking from afar.

The four of them- Aaron, Gui Gui, George and Selina were there, laughing. She felt alone and left out.

Rainie: Looks like I have to execute my final plan.

Chun: What is it?

Rainie: You don’t need to know. It will work, definitely.
And true enough…the final plan will work…
----------------------------------------------------------