Chapter 17

In Between

 

Trust

‘Why did you do that?!’ Chun questions angrily.

Rainie just kept quiet.

Chun: You kidnapped Gui Gui and intended to kill her, right?

Rainie: Who in the world told you this absurd news?

Chun: Your best buddy, Selina.

Rainie frowns. At this point of time, Rainie’s feeling towards Selina is no longer positive. She felt betrayed.

Rainie: Whatever it is, your Gui Gui is safe and sound, isn’t she?

Chun: Selina told me, she was the one who saved Gui Gui and you were the one who intended to kill her!

Rainie: Shut up! What else did she tell you?

Chun: What else have you kept from me?

Rainie says blandly: Nothing that you need to know.

Chun: You promised to help me, to win Gui Gui over, and now you are out to kill her?

Rainie: No, I didn’t want to kill her. As you have said, I had promised to win Gui Gui over for you. Why would I kill her? Don’t believe what Selina has to say.

Chun: Why should I believe you instead?

Rainie: Because I am the only one who are willing to help you. Selina is no longer on my side. She had betrayed me. How could you believe a traitor’s words?

Chun had nothing to retort back. He did not know what to do…

Chun: Then why was Gui Gui kidnapped?

Rainie lied again: I am still trying to find out the cause of this incident. Chun, trust me. We are allies, not enemies.

Chun POV: Should I trust her?

Chun hesitated for a moment before he decided to ignore all the rumors and trust Rainie.

Chun: Then what plan do you have for now?

Rainie: Honestly, I am not so sure yet. Aaron and Gui Gui’s relationship had became stronger these days and it’s hard to separate them. Gui Gui’s trust for Aaron is very strong...

Just then, a thought strike Chun.

Chun: But how about Aaron’s trust for Gui Gui? I don’t believe that nothing in the world can come between them.

Rainie: Well, if that’s the case, we will have to manipulate Aaron’s feelings instead…or better yet, the both of them…
---------------------------------------------------------

At the mortuary

George: *Sighs* I still can’t seem to find any evidence on Sonia Sui.

Aaron sat at the couch, sighing too.

Aaron: Our clues are all gone…

George turned around and asked curiously: Gone? We don’t even have any clues in the first place.

Aaron: Huh? Oh…I meant…

George sighed: Whatever it is, I think this is going to be one of those unsolved mystery cases.

Aaron stood up and said with gust: I won’t let it be!
With that, he rushed out of the office, heading towards the police station.

George shakes his head: Weird kid…

Just then, someone entered into the office.

‘Hi.’ She spoke softly and calmly.

George: You are….?
----------------------------------------------------------

Police Station

Aaron whispered: How was it?

Gui Gui: The search was tedious but I found out that Show Luo is still within the country and the most astounding fact is that he is going to ride a midnight boat.

Aaron: He is going to escape…

Gui Gui: Aaron, why are you so sure that he is the murderer in this case?

Aaron: I…I will tell you these later. It’s a long story.
This is, indeed, a long story and Aaron had no idea how to tell Gui Gui about it.

Aaron: Gui Gui, don’t let anyone know about this.

Gui Gui: *smiles* I won’t. So what time are we setting off?
Aaron: Huh? No, you are not going.

Gui Gui: I should be the one saying this. I am an investigator, a die-hard crime fighter. How could I not go?!

Aaron: Gui Gui, it’s going to be dangerous and you have just recovered from your sprained ankle and the shock from the kidnap. I don’t want you to be…

Gui Gui: *Interrupts* Speak for yourself. The wound on your arm is not fully healed yet. So, we are on par. Furthermore, Aaron….

Aaron: But…

Gui Gui: Aaron….I trust you.

Aaron: *Sighs and gives up* All right. Let’s go together then…

Same day

-----Close to Midnight--------

At the Jetty

Aaron and Gui Gui knelt behind the crates.

Gui Gui: Aaron, even if Show is escaping tonight, we have no evidence against him. How are we supposed to nab him?

Aaron: Don’t worry, I have a plan.

Gui Gui smiled nervously: I hope your plan works.

Just then, someone arrived. It was Show Luo and he was alone.

Aaron: *whisper* Look, he’s alone…

Gui Gui: Yea, what do we do now?

Aaron: Just follow me and do what I tell.

Gui Gui nodded.

Aaron and Gui Gui walked out to approach Show.

Show was taken aback by the appearance of two strangers.

Show: Who are you?

With that question, Show pulls out his gun and aim at the two of them…
----------------------------------------------------------