Assignment

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After one week of break, Jaycee has finally gone back to work and everyday she would always chat with Jaejoong via KakaoTalk and Skype in the night.

One day while she was skyping with Jaejoong, Jaycee's mother walked into her room with a frown. "Who are you talking to?"

"Uhhh. My friend." Jaycee lied.

"A Korean friend?"

Jaycee nodded.

"Is it your mother?" Jaejoong asked.

Jaycee let out a sigh and turned her laptop screen to show her mother. "I am talking to him."

"Hello, aunty! Nice to meet you." Jaejoong bowed before the screen.

"Oh! I thought you say it's a Korean so why is he speaking in Mandarin?"

"That's because he learnt how to speak. Mummy, I have something to tell you." Jaycee began.

Jaycee's mother frowned when she heard the seriousness in her daughter's tone. "What is it?"

"I don't know how to tell you. You will definitely scold me even in front of him!" Jaycee ruffled her in frustration.

"What? Are you going to tell me that he is your boyfriend?" Jaycee was surprised to hear the calmness in her mother's voice.

"Seriously? How did you know?" She asked with widened eyes.

"I gave birth to you so of course I would know what you are thinking from one tiny action." Her mother said.

"Hehe! I thought you are going to scold me for finding a non-Chinese boyfriend."

"If it's really your fate to find a non-Chinese boyfriend, what more can I say? What does he do in Korea?" Mrs Chua asked Jaycee.

"He is a singer in Korea." Jaycee said in a sheepish voice.

"WHAT?"

"What what what?" Jaycee's father has also run into the room after hearing the commotion.

"Hello, uncle! I am Kim Jaejoong." Jaejoong smiled.

"Mr Kim, I'll call you back later. Let me settle them first."

"Oh okay." Jaejoong nodded and waved goodbye.

Jaycee shut her laptop and turned to her parents. "I know you are shocked. To be honest to you, I have the same reaction as you when he told me he liked me." Jaycee started telling her parents the whole event including the dreams she had about Yue Lao.

"Wah! My prayers have finally been answered!" Mr Chua said happily, praying to all four directions.

"Are you sure about your decision? Long distance relationship isn't going to be easy. Moreover he is a celebrity. Can you handle the stress being together with a famous person?" Mrs Chua asked.

"I don't know. I guess I should give it a try, at least I wouldn't regret even if this relationship weren't make it." Jaycee smiled.

"Touchwood! Don't say that! Yue Lao! Yue Lao! Please don't listen to her! Kid is ignorant!" Mr Chua said.

"Okay. As long as you like and know what you are doing, I will not object." Mrs Chua smiled.

"Yeah yeah yeah! Me too!" Mr Chua beamed happily. "Wah! Your boyfriend is very good looking and I am sure your kids will be very good looking too!"

"Lao ba (father), it's still too early to talk about children!"

"Okay okay! Tomorrow I am going to the temple to pray since my wish has finally come true!"

"Alright! I shall not disturb the two of you." Mrs Chua said, leaving Jaycee alone.

---

One day Jaycee was working on her case when her supervisor called her in for a meeting. "Jaycee, can I talk to you for a while?"

"Okay." Jaycee left her desk and made her way to the meeting room with her supervisor.

"I'm not sure if you have heard about the news in our Seoul branch. Their business is growing but our department there is facing a manpower shortage so Kelly has decided to assign one of our people over to help."

"Okay. And I am the one that she has selected?" Jaycee asked.

"Yes. The duration of the assignment is one year so I need to ask if you are willing to take it up."

"Sure. I don't mind." Jaycee agreed right away.

"You don't need some time to think about it?" Her supervisor asked.

Jaycee shook her head with a smile. "I'm okay with this arrangement."

"Alright. Then I will let Kelly know about your decision."

"Thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter