Can I Be Your Shining Star?

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jaejoong-ah, you are thirty-one this year right?"

"Hyung, what are you trying to say?" Jaejoong asked his manager.

"If you were to find someone you like, go ahead and do what you want to do. Fate doesn't come by so easily."

"Hyung, I know what you are trying to say. I don't want to scare her. Can't you see how uneasy she get when she is with me?" 

"She is just not used to being so close to a celebrity. At least she doesn't have any negative impression on you." 

"But I don't know when is she going back to Singapore, and I might not be able to see her again." Jaejoong sighed.

"Aigoo! This is the first time seeing our Kim Jaejoong feeling so lovesick!"

"Hyung..."

"I can't help you! I can't possibly hire someone to track her down. Let's just leave it to fate, dongsaeng!"

"Thanks! You are so not helping me!" Jaejoong said, rolling his eyes.

"Don't worry! If the two of you were fated to be together, you would be together with her."

"I just couldn't believe that there's really such thing of what we call love at first sight!" Jaejoong smiled, staring at the molten lava cake picture on Instagram.

"Because you have yet to meet the one that makes you fall in love at first sight." 

Jaejoong just smiled and put on his earphones to listen to Jaycee's song.

---

"Wah! Didn't expect our Seoul trip will get to meet so many celebrities!" Angela commented as she got onto her bed.

"Ya! I didn't even expect Mr Kim to post my singing video and even treat me with cake! I really don't know what kind of dog luck am I running!"

"This is your fate! Your destiny! Not dog luck!"

Jaycee let out a sigh at her friend's reply.

"Why are you sighing?"

"I don't know. I still couldn't believe that Mr Kim is my destined husband! It's just pure coincidence!" 

"Who in this world can have so many coincidental meetings with their favorite celebrity? Why didn't I get to meet Lee Hom? Seriously! Jaycee Chua, can you just face the reality?" Angela lectured.

"I am facing the reality! This should be my reality! It's impossible for a commoner to be together with a superstar!"

"Argghhh! You are so stubborn like a buffalo! Ahhhh! I feel like strangling you!" Angela screamed into her pillow.

"Ya! You better kill me now so that I don't have to keep thinking about fate!"

"Lazy to explain to you! Wasting my breath! You go think about it in your sleep! Good night, Stubborn Ox!"

Jaycee pouted as she watched her friend sleep.

"It's not because I am doubting it. I just don't have the confidence to even think of being together with him." Jaycee muttered.

---

Happy time usually flew past very quickly. It was already the girls' second last day in Seoul. Angela decided to go back to the apartment early to pack bag and also to have video call with her boyfriend, while Jaycee decided to walk around Itaewon for a while longer. 

When the two bade goodbye, Jaycee went on to shop alone until she came to the area whereby the young people would usually perform. She stopped to watch their performance and unknown to her; Jaejoong was also in the same area as her, watching the performance in disguise. Both of them were standing at either end of the crowd, enjoying the performance in front.

The crowd clapped and cheered when the performance ended. Watching the performance triggered Jaycee's singing passion and she went forward to talk to the keyboardist whom lent her his keyboard. 

At the same time Jaejoong was about to leave when he heard the familiar voice. "Hello, everyone! This is Jaycee and I'm from Singapore. I'm going to perform a Chinese song and I know many of you will not understand the meaning of the song so I will do a brief introduction here. The title of this song is Watching You Quietly. It's actually a sad love story without ending whereby the girl could only watch the guy she loved quietly from a distance. I hope you will like it."

"… 你手心的温度最美丽 (the warmth from your hand is the most beautiful)..." Jaycee smiled and bowed at the audience who were clapping their hands at the end of her performance. "Thank you." She bowed at the keyboardist and left the place.

Just when she was about to leave that place, a figure came out to block her way. Jaycee stopped and looked up to see a man in beanie and mask. She frowned at the man for one second before she realized who was the man before her. "Jae..."

The man held a finger up at his mask, telling her not to say his name. 

"Why are you here?" Jaycee whispered, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter