I Do!

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another working day for Jaycee when she received an email from her superior from Singapore, informing her about the official last day in Seoul branch. It seemed like the one-year assignment has been shortened to ten months instead. She let out a sigh, thinking how should she break this news to Jaejoong.

She took her phone and began texting Angela for advice.

JayC: Miss Hong, need your help!!! Just received an email from my boss about my official last date at our Seoul branch. I am going back on 30 Oct. I think Mr Kim is going to flip!

Several minutes later, a reply popped out on her screen.

Angela: Wah! I am not your boss! How do you expect me to help? Just tell him the truth and then go back to Singapore first. Or you can check if you can be permanently transferred to Seoul?

JayC: No more headcount for Seoul branch! That's the problem!

Angela: Maybe you are too expensive for them! Haha!

JayC: Not funny!

Angela: Okay okay! Joke aside! Maybe you want to consider resigning and move to Seoul?

JayC: Then work as what?

Angela: Work as Mrs Kim! What else?

JayC: Don't be lame! Even I wanted to be his wife very much, it's still his choice to choose the right woman for him! Anyway I will just tell him the truth! For all you know he may be sick of being together with me, this might be a good chance for him to rethink about this relationship.

Angela: Why do you sound like you are going to break up with him?

JayC: I am not! I am just stating the fact! Moreover you know me quite well right? I have always been so pessimistic and relationship is never my forte. Let alone being in a relationship with a man that so many girls are yearning for. I am scared!

Angela: What the hell are you talking about? Relationship has never been a forte of any person! Don't think so much! Just tell him about this news and work it out together with him!

JayC: Yes, madam!

Jaycee stared at her phone for a while before she finally mustered up her courage to text the news to Jaejoong. For the rest of the day, she couldn't stop staring at her phone but there wasn't a single reply from Jaejoong.

"Maybe he's working so he didn't see my reply." Jaycee thought as she made her way out of her office building and then she made her way home after doing some marketing at the supermarket near her apartment.

While she was eating her ramyeon in the living room and watching TV at the same time, the doorbell rang. She ran to the intercom and saw Jaejoong's face. Her boyfriend enveloped her into an embrace the moment she opened the door for him. "Hey." Jaycee patted his back and guided him into the house, closing the door behind them.

"Can't they extend your assignment a little longer?" Jaejoong asked.

"Sad to say no."

Jaejoong released her from the hug and led her to the couch. "Then maybe you should consider resigning?"

"I'm sorry? Did you just say resign?"

"Yes. Resign from your job and move over to Korea. I'm sure you will get a job here easily." Jaejoong suggested.

"I don't know, Jae. It is a big move for me! I can't possibly dump everything in Singapore and move over. I need some time to think about it."

"Am I not the only factor for you to stay?" Jaejoong asked, raising his voice at the same time.

"I still have my parents in Singapore. I can't just leave them there." Jaycee replied calmly.

"Then it just shows that you don't love me enough!"

"Then if you were to be in my shoes, would you leave everything in Korea and come to Singapore for me?"

"Yes!" Jaejoong answered without thinking.

Jaycee sighed and shook her head. "You are not thinking straight! You just answered without thinking."

"Because I love you and I am willing to give up everything! What do you mean by I am not thinking straight?" Jaejoong shouted with his eyes were red and teary.

"Jae, you need to calm down. Each of us has our own commitment. You need to make sure you balance it out. Love is something you shouldn't be using all the time. If you really love me, you don't need to say it out all the time. Show me through your actions. Respect the decision I made and that's how you mean by loving me."

Jaejoong shook his head and made his way to the door. "Just admit that you don't love me as much as I love you! you, fate! It's a total bull about finding a soulmate." With that he made his way out of Jaycee's apartment and slammed the door hard.

A tear rolled down Jaycee's cheek the moment the door slammed. It's like a hammer smashing the heart inside her. "I guess the fairytale of meeting your Prince Charming is just bull too." Jaycee let out a sad chuckle and went back into her room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter