The Arrange Marriage

The Arrange Marriage

Chapter 9 

 

“I’m sorry I’m late.” Zai Zhong said, looking at his brother. 

 

“I just don’t get it. What took you so long in her resident? I thought...” 

 

“Never mind about that, Jun Xiu, since I have an important business. Anyway, let’s not talk about that. Here’s your letter.” Zai Zhong said, handing Jun Xiu a letter, sealed with an envelope. He looked at the letter and then stared at Zai Zhong who’s pacing around the room like a father waiting for his newborn child. 

 

“What’s this?” Jun Xiu asked. 

 

“A letter.” 

 

“I know it’s a letter. I thought I asked you to hand this to her?” He asked bewilderedly. 

 

“Silly, it’s a reply letter.” 

 

“She even replied?” Jun Xiu asked, almost laughing as he wasn't expecting Tai Yan to reply his letter. He knew that she’s still upset with the arrangement between two countries and he was truly surprised that she even replied to his letter. He opened them furiously, reading them impatiently. 

 

Dear Er Ah Ge, Jun Xiu, 

 

Thank you for your concerned. I’m truly touched with your sincerity that you put into words. Perhaps I’m truly blessed with the arrangement though I’m still slightly upset with everything. Please do not worry about me. Your words have encouraged me to face the agreement and I will not attempt suicidal anymore. I’m sorry for disturbing your peace of mind and I want you to know how truly sorry I was. If there is any way to show you my gratitude towards your concerned, please tell me and I will see how we can worked everything out. 

 

Yours truly, 

 

Tai Yan 

 

“Oh my god. Such a beautiful letter.” Jun Xiu said, and started to smell the fragrant scent that’s coming from the letter. 

 

“She’s pretty.” Zai Zhong laughed. 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“I mean, your betrothed. She’s pretty and innocent. I don’t think it’s that bad to marry her. She’s serious, yes but...” 

 

“Say no more. Again, you will be my messenger.” Jun Xiu grinned. 

 

“There’s something about you that I’m wondering.” Yun Hao said, all of a sudden as Mei Ying looked at him tenderly. Being extra cautious, she moved slightly away from him as he’s been staring at her for quite a long time, “What is it?” 

 

“You must be from a very rich family.” He smiled and stole a glance at her while Zhu Xian slapped her own forehead. 

 

“What makes you say that?” She asked, and started to blushed under the moonlight. 

 

“Well, it’s just an intuition. You are indeed a very well mannered young man and Zhu Xian, too. The way both of you act. I think you have been brought up by a very well educated family.” He smiled and then moved forward and placed his hand on her ear, causing her to stiffened at his electrifying touch. She blushed and pushed him away uncomfortably. 

 

“If I don’t know any better, I would have said that you are a girl.” He said, much to Zhu Xian and Mei Ying's horror. 

 

“Huh?” She asked, turning pale immediately. 

 

“I’m sorry but you really don’t...Well, first thing first, you looked too good-looking for a boy.” He laughed jokingly. Mei Ying and Zhu Xian turned to looked at each other before Mei Ying started to laughed bewilderedly, trying to covered up her shocked. 

 

“Yun Hao. You must be joking. I looked like a girl?” She asked. 

 

“Well, a little.” He laughed and looked at her intently, causing her to blushed even more. 

 

“Maybe I should grow a mustache.” She sighed solemnly as Yun Hao laughed. 

 

“Oh, hey, don’t take it seriously, I was just.” Yun Hao laughed but then his eyes seem to be examining Mei Ying miserably. Zhu Xian saw the look and was terribly desperate to killed Yun Hao's thought, whatever he’s thinking of. 

 

“Yun Hao Ge. There’s an inn over there.” Zhu Xian said, and rushed there quickly, leaving Mei Ying and Yun Hao to run after her. 

 

“Oh, hey, that would be a good place to rest. It’s more comfortable.” Mei Ying said, as Yun Hao sighed to himself, “Something is fishy here.” He mumbled. 

 

“What?” Mei Ying asked, while he shrugged. His eyes kept looking at her ear intently and he was determined to do something. 

 

“Mei Lin.” Yun Hao called mischievously, as he looked at Mei Ying naughtily. 

 

“Yeah. What?” She asked, feeling slightly uncomfortable as Yun Hao placed his arms around her shoulder in a very friendly manner. Of course it’s normal for a guy to do that to his friend but she’s a girl, for heaven sake, “What?” She asked again, placing her hand on her shoulder, trying to get rid of his arm. She blushed as he looked at her questioningly. 

 

“Uncomfortable?” He asked, smiling at her. 

 

“No.” She sighed solemnly. 

 

“You were saying?” She asked again, looking up at the sky, praying to god to get her out of this misery. 

 

“No, forget about it.” He said, and looked at her secretly. 

 

“What? What?” She asked. 

 

“Let’s have some fun.” He smiled and looked at her intently. 

 

“Have some fun? What do you mean? It’s late and...” 

 

“Mei Lin, you are so slow. Let’s go to the brothel.” He smiled cheekily as he looked at her pale face. He just smiled to himself as he felt her shivered slightly against him. 

 

“Brothel?” She asked, turning to looked at Yun Hao who’s shrugging. 

 

“Yeah. It’s just on the opposite of the inn. Why don’t we?” He asked. 

 

“No. It’s late and I’m sleepy.” 

 

“Aw, come on, Mei Lin. Believe me. We will have a lot of fun tonight.” Yun Hao said slyly. Silently, he prayed that he don’t have to go to the brothel himself. The thought of being served by a few es freaked him out. He just wanted to know the truth as he’s starting to suspect something about Mei Ying. His intuition was telling him that there’s something secretive about his friend and it concerned gender. 

 

“Quit it.” She sighed. 

 

“Why?” 

 

“It’s disgusting but then again, if you want to have some fun, why not? Let’s go. I will accompany you.” She said, much to Yun Hao's horror. 

 

"What?" He asked, as his words died in his throat.