The Arrange Marriage

The Arrange Marriage

Chapter 3 

 

“Why me?” Jun Xiu asked miserably, looking at his father in despair. 

 

“Aw, come on. The Mongolian Gongzhu isn't that bad.” Qian Long said, grinning at his son. 

 

“But Huang Ah Ma!” Jun Xiu protests, causing Zai Zhong to chuckled silently while looking at his elder brother. 

 

“I knew this would happened all along. If it wouldn’t happened then Yun Hao isn't my son since I did it once when I was younger.” Qian Long laughed and looked at his sons. 

 

“Huang Ah Ma! I’m too young to get married!” Jun Xiu wailed, like a child and look at his father, hoping that he would take back whatever he said a moment ago. 

 

“Jun Xiu, I’m not asking you to die. I’m just requesting you to get married. You make it look as if marriage is equivalent to death.” Qian Long said, laughing. 

 

“You can say that again, Huang Ah Ma.” Jun Xiu sighed solemnly. 

 

“I don’t think it’s that bad. Come to think about it, most of the Mongolian Gongzhu are very beautiful and talented.” Zai Zhong said, while Jun Xiu coughed. 

 

“Not to mention, extremely daring and...and...I don’t even want to talk about it.” Jun Xiu said, and took a seat, shaking his head in despair. 

 

“Jun Xiu, it’s not that bad.” 

 

“Huang Ah Ma, he’s too happy actually. He was expecting you to match make him with some of your Da Ren’s daughter.” Zai Zhong laughed, causing Jun Xiu to glare at him bewilderedly. 

 

“You have a lover?” Qian Long asked boldly. 

 

“No, of course not. It’s just that I’m not expecting myself to marry a foreigner. I thought I will be marrying a Manchurian.” Jun Xiu sighed again. 

 

“Mongolians are not that bad. They are dutiful and they respect others. If you are afraid of...” 

 

“No, no, Huang Ah Ma. Let’s not talk about this anymore. I won’t disobey you like Da Ge.” He sighed. 

 

“Whoa. Not bad. I thought you had protests your head off.” Zai Zhong laughed, looking at his brother who’s faking a smile. 

 

“Zhu Xian! What have you done to the fishes?!” Mei Ying shouted in despair, looking at her sister in a rage of anger. 

 

“I'm sorry.” Zhu Xian said. 

 

“I’m hungry and we don’t have anything to eat. All thanks to you.” Mei Ying said, throwing pebbles into the lake, “Ouch!” Someone yelled, and turned around to look at her. 

 

“Oh, I'm very sorry. I wasn’t aware that there’s someone...” 

 

“It’s ok.” The good-looking young man smiled at Mei Ying charmingly which almost made her melt just by looking at his smile. She reminded herself not to create any trouble as she was now a boy and not a girl. 

 

“How is your head?” Mei Ying asked. 

 

“It’s ok. Well, at least it’s not swollen. Well, not yet.” He laughed and looked at Mei Ying who’s staring back at him. 

 

“Really?” She asked again. 

 

“Shi, you don’t have to worry. Brother, what’s your name?” He asked, looking at Mei Ying in an absolutely friendly manner, causing her to blush slightly. 

 

“How rude of me. I’m...I’m.” She said, and looked at her sister who’s rolling her brown, almond-shaped eyes. 

 

“I’m Huang Mei Lin and this is my sister, Huang Zhu Xian.” Mei Ying said. 

 

“I’m Yun Hao. Um...Zheng Yun Hao.” He smiled. 

 

“Care to join me?” Yun Hao asked, offering his lunch to his new friends. 

 

“I don’t think that will be too good. We just know each other.” 

 

“Oh, come on, Mei Lin. I can’t finish this stuff all alone. The more the merrier.” 

 

She gave him her famous heart melting smile and nodded. Zhu Xian looked at both of them curiously but then she smiled to herself as soon as she saw them chatting before offering her something to eat. 

 

“Why not? It will be a great idea. Besides, Da Ge and I will be bored just by looking at each other’s face every day." Zhu Xian said, trying desperately to convince Yun Hao to accompany them. Well, the fact that Zhu Xian Gongzhu is one of Mongolian palace’s greatest matchmakers still can’t leave her traits as a commoner. The last time she did something similar to this, the couple ended up married. Zhu Xian grinned to herself happily. 

 

“Mei Mei, I don’t know whether your Da Ge would mind.” 

 

“What are you guys talking about?” Mei Ying asked, looking at Yun Hao and her chatterbox sister and smiled at both of them. 

 

“She asked me to come along with you on your journey to Hangzhou.” Yun Hao laughed and ruffled Zhu Xian’s black hair, causing the little girl to pout. Mei Ying looked at Yun Hao and smiled. That wouldn’t be a very bad idea, having a good-looking guy who’s easygoing and...and then something disrupt her thoughts. 

 

“Well, we still have room for another person.” Mei Ying said, betraying her thoughts. She smiled sweetly at Yun Hao who’s looking at her intently, causing her to blush. 

 

“Huh?” Yun Hao laughed. 

 

“You are not willing to?” 

 

“No. Its just we barely know each other and I seem to be a stranger to you and your sister. Don’t you think it’s quite...” 

 

“No, I think it would be no harm to us, right, Mei Mei?” Mei Ying asked, trying to look for her sister but she just laughed at both of them. 

 

“Come on. Hop on guys. Talking won’t get you nowhere.” Zhu Xian said, after she placed Yun Hao’s horse to the carriage. 

 

“Boy, you are fast, girl.” Yun Hao laughed. 

 

“Of course. They wouldn’t call me, um...Zhu Xian for nothing.” Zhu Xian laughed as her sister sighed and climbed onto the carriage while looking at Yun Hao. 

 

“We will be considered as robbers if you don’t hop on, Yun Hao. Your horse is with us.” Mei Ying laughed while Yun Hao nodded. 

 

“Shi, Chen Zun Ming.” He smiled, causing Mei Ying and Zhu Xian to turn blue. 

 

“What’s wrong? It’s just some Manchurian.” He smiled happily while Mei Ying and Zhu Xian turned to looked at each other, “Oh, its nothing.” Mei Ying said, and helped him onto the horse while pondering.