The Arrange Marriage

The Arrange Marriage

Chapter 1 

 

“Me? Get married? Oh sure, Fu Wang. I will be glad to fulfill your wish Fu Wang.” Mei Ying Gongzhu said, and looked at her father in a very sweet manner, making the old man grin like a total idiot. She looked back and winked at her two lovely sisters, Tai Yan Gongzhu and Zhu Xian Gongzhu, who seem to be very contented with their rebellious sister who hasn’t put them in a horrible state. Well, at least not yet. Mei Ying looked at her cousin, Xiu Yan Ge Ge mischievously and winked at her. Xiu Yan turned pale immediately as Mei Ying looked at her laughing father contently. 

 

“Fu Wang, I think you are drunk.” She said, smiling. 

 

“Come, my child. Let’s celebrate the glory of Mongolia.” He said, and drank another cup of strong wine. Mei Ying pour, yet another cup for him and smiled contently. 

 

“Shi, Fu Wang.” She said, and kept filling her father’s cup until he collapsed on his table. 

 

“Well, get out of here people. Fu Wang needs to rests. You people wouldn’t want to disturb him, do you?” She asked seriously, as the servant kneeled down and retreated to their room. 

 

All of Mei Ying Gongzhu sisters retreated to their own resident, leaving Xiu Yan Ge Ge behind to look at her cousin, “Mei Ying, I don’t trust myself to believe you would give yourself away just like that.” She said, and narrowed her big, dark brown, almond-shaped eyes as she looked at Mei Ying. 

 

“Xiu Yan Jie Jie.” Mei Ying smiled mischievously and pulled Xiu Yan to her room, smiling happily. 

 

“You are up to something, aren’t you?” Xiu Yan asked, sighing. 

 

“Of course not, don’t worry.” Mei Ying said, and sighed. 

 

“That’s good because the arrangement is an arrangement between two countries.” Xiu Yan said. 

 

“Of course I won’t give myself away just like that. I will never be able to love some corny Huang Shang to be. No way." “Mei Ying!” Xiu Yan gasps, and looked at her bewilderedly as if she wants to eat Mei Ying up. 

 

“From now on, I’m no longer that prince, whatever his name is. I’m no longer his betrothed. Xiu Yan Jie Jie, I got to get out of here. I must get out of here. Didn’t you just see the fat guy during dinner? He must be my betrothed. I will vomit everyday if I marry him. Trust me.” Mei Ying sighed. 

 

“But Mei Ying, what will your father say if he knows about this? You will die for sure.” Xiu Yan said, causing Mei Ying to laugh at her statement. 

 

“Xiu Yan Jie Jie, you are talking to Mei Ying, the famous Mongolian Gongzhu. I’m not afraid of death. What I fear is some horrible Huang Shang to be that wants to marry me. I’m not interested in him, don’t you get it? I can’t marry someone I don’t even know. Xiu Yan Jie Jie, you can’t change my mind about running away and you know it. I’m getting out of here.” Mei Ying said, and opened the door silently, without any noise at all. 

 

“Ok, I’m not stopping you and you know my lips are sealed.” 

 

“Good.” 

 

“But what are you doing in a guy's clothing?” Xiu Yan asked comically, causing Mei Ying to pout at Xiu Yan’s question. 

 

“Silly, I’m traveling in incognito. Mei Ying Gongzhu is a lady but this is a guy. People will never recognize me.” Mei Ying laughed. 

 

“You are such a big criminal.” Xiu Yan said, laughing slightly. 

 

“Thank you for the compliment. I look handsome, right?” She asked playfully, and pretended to give her cousin a flying kiss, causing both of them to break into a silent laughter. 

 

“Tell Fu Wang not to worry.” 

 

“I had rather not breath a word.” 

 

“I will miss him though.” Mei Ying sighed and climbed out of the wall and took a horse. 

 

“Xiu Yan Jie Jie!” She called out, with a glint of tears in the corner of her wide, dark brown, almond-shaped eyes, “If there’s a possibility that we shall never meet again, please remember me as your cousin.” 

 

“Mei Ying.” 

 

“Come on, let’s go.” Mei Ying whispered to her horse. Silently, Xiu Yan prayed so that Mei Ying will find freedom and happiness outside. She prayed that her cousin would never get caught. She went back inside as soon as the carriage is out of her sight. 

 

Mei Ying wiped her wet cheeks and smiled. There’s a mixture of feelings in her as she rode the horse silently into the night.