The Arrange Marriage

The Arrange Marriage

Chapter 5 

 

Yun Hao, Mei Ying and Zhu Xian were wandering the streets, looking for something to eat. Yun Hao never favoured sightseeing before but as weird as it seems, he followed his new friend to shop for food. He laughed slightly to himself as he saw both of them shrieking while choosing something from a stall. He daydreamed to himself and looked at the joyful sight. Never had he witnessed something like this back then when he was in the palace. How he wish he could experience such things when he’s in the palace. Life is meaningless without such laughter. Life is meaningless without laughter like Mei Lin, to be more specific. Perhaps it’s crazy but he somehow felt attracted to the boy that he acknowledged as his younger brother. 

 

“Yun Hao Ge!” Mei Ying called, her cheeks flushing as a result of running around too much. 

 

“Now what? Aren’t you tired of running around?” 

 

“No. Gosh. I had never seen such a wonderful place in my entire life. Really.” She said, jumping around like a hopping rabbit while Zhu Xian busied herself with some candies. 

 

“You never?” Yun Hao asked weirdly, causing Mei Ying to smile. 

 

“No, never in my whole life.” She laughed and began to wonder at the excitement of the merry place. 

 

“My god. I wish my life is like this forever.” She said longingly, while Yun Hao raised his thick eyebrow. 

 

“Da Ge! Yun Hao Ge! I’m tired!” Zhu Xian yelled. 

 

“Mei Lin, let’s go. Your poor sister...” 

 

“No, I still want to have some fun here.” Mei Ying said stubbornly, and looked at her sister. 

 

“Zhu Xian, just go back to the carriage! We will be there soon!” Mei Ying ordered in a royal manner, much to Yun Hao’s amusement. 

 

“You must be from a rich family, dear brother.” Yun Hao said. Mei Ying looked back at Yun Hao and shrugged, “Maybe.” She smiled and quickly rushed to a stall. A candy stalled that’s offering all type of candy, tempting her to buy them. 

 

“Come on, let’s go.” She said, pulling Yun Hao’s hand. The poor guy had to follow the girl around. Yun Hao was somehow amazed that he, himself, didn’t protests his companion’s continuous dragging since he was somehow immerses with her joy and laughter. 

 

“Mei Lin, don’t you think you have quite enough?” Yun Hao asked, panting as he caught hold of Mei Ying's arms. Mei Ying was surprised with his action and pushed him away immediately, causing him to look at her bewilderedly, somehow amused with her unexpected action. 

 

“What?” She asked, blushing to the root of her black hair. 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“Why did you pull me like that? Anything wrong?” She asked, rather incoherently. 

 

“Didn't you have enough fun, little brother?” He laughed, looking at the flushing Mei Ying. 

 

“Oh, come on. Your starting to sound like my Fu...I mean, my Ah Ma. Why can’t you stop being noisy?” She pouted while Yun Hao just stared at her in disbelief. 

 

“Oh ok.” He said. He, himself, was surprised by his own words. Usually, he’s a superior. She smiled in satisfaction and continued to dragged Yun Hao to a stall. 

 

“Candy!” She yelled, much to Yun Hao’s embarrassment. He sighed to himself and blushed as people stare at them as if they are insane. 

 

“You look as if you never seen a candy stall before.” He whispered, as she ignored his statement and bought some candies. 

 

“Really, I have never seen one.” She laughed and ate one greedily, forcing some of them down and almost suffocate a moment later. 

 

“Mei Lin, it’s getting really dark.” Yun Hao said, causing her to look at him. She smiled at him in a rather happy, yet exhausted way. 

 

“Let’s go. Your sister...” He said incoherently, as Mei Ying pulled him to yet another stall. 

 

“Oh no, not again.” He mumbled, and sighed in distress. 

 

“Oh my god. That’s so nice.” She said, and started to marvel at the beautiful things that’s being displayed by the stall. Yun Hao looked at her bewilderedly as she continued to pick up one of the things to examined them closely. 

 

“Oh gosh.” She whispered, her eyes sparkling with laughter and her happiness dance in her expression. 

 

“These are very beautiful.” She said, as she looked at some jade adorn with pearl hairpins. Yun Hao looked at her bewilderedly as she smiled to herself. 

 

“Will she be alright?” Xiu Yan asked worriedly, as Zai Zhong checked Tai Yan’s pulse for the millionth time. He smiled and took a bow at Xiu Yan. 

 

“Hui Xiu Yan Ge Ge, Tai Yan Gongzhu will be fine. It’s just that she’s all tenses up and her emotions aren't very stable.” He smiled and stared at Xiu Yan affectionately, much to Xiu Ying's dismay. 

 

“It’s getting pretty late. Do you mind retreating to your own room? I thank you for saving my dear sister but even I can’t do anything if you are caught here in Er Gongzhu’s resident after sunset. She’s someone betrothed  and she’s not supposed to...” 

 

“Xiu Ying Gongzhu, I’m sure you wouldn’t let the news spread. I mean, you surely will not informed your father about my presence here in Tai Yan’s Gongzhu’s resident.” He grinned and looked at the fuming Mongolian Gongzhu. 

 

“Why wouldn’t I? I don’t know who you are and why you are here in my sister’s resident. You just happened to pass by.” She asked, while Xiu Yan sighed. 

 

“Xiu Ying, come on. He saved Tai Yan’s life.” 

 

“I know, but if Fu Wang finds out about this matter, Tai Yan Jie Jie will...” 

 

“Xiu Ying Gongzhu, you don’t have to worry about that. The Mongolian king will never find out about this matter as I know if he’s informed about this, Tai Yan Gongzhu will surely be in trouble and I’m aware of that. You really don’t have to worry.” 

 

“How can I be so sure? I don’t know you and I have never seen you around before. Who are you?” She asked, narrowing her dark brown, almond-shaped eyes as she looked at Zai Zhong who’s laughing his head off. 

 

“Hui, Xiu Ying Gongzhu, I’m not someone that you should be afraid of. My name is Zai Zhong, Qing Dynasty’s San Ah Ge and my brother; Jun Xiu is your sister’s betrothed so you can trusts me. I’m here on a purposed. I’m here to see Tai Yan Gongzhu and I know she’s not willing to marry my brother a great deal but please tell her to be patient as my brother is working a great deal and he said everything can be solve through negotiation.” 

 

“Oh my god. Xiu Yan Jie Jie. I’m in big trouble.” Xiu Ying said, turning pale. 

 

“No, Xiu Ying Gongzhu, you are not. Actually, you don’t have to worry about a thing and your Fu Wang will not know a single thing on her attempt of suicidal, don’t worry.”