The Arrange Marriage

The Arrange Marriage

Chapter 20 

 

“God, I can’t believe this.” Tai Yan mumbled to herself, while Xiu Yan and Xiu Ying laughed at her bewilderedly. 

 

“I can’t believe it, too. How could you say such words to him? What did he say about it?” Xiu Yan asked happily, while she peeled an orange for both of them to eat. 

 

“You know, he went all crazy and laughed at me for such statement.” Tai Yan blushed. 

 

“And not to mention, his cheeky words, ‘Oh, Tai Yan dearest, I can’t believe that you thought that we were married. Don’t tell me that you are so eager to marry me’.” Xiu Ying added, much to Tai Yan’s annoyance and disappointment. Xiu Ying and Xiu Yan laughed their heads off while Tai Yan continued to blushed. 

 

“He’s so bad. I will make sure he regret saying such things to me.” Tai Yan pouted. 

 

“No, he’s not. Tai Yan Jie Jie, he has a sense of humour.” Xiu Ying laughed slightly. 

 

“Shi, and the man of your dream.” Xiu Yan added in a rather dreamy tone playfully. 

 

“Quit it. Both of you. I can’t believe this. Even Fu Wang laughed at me when he was informed of such incident.” Tai Yan sighed while Xiu Yan stood up. 

 

“Of course your Fu Wang is happy. You are going to get married to Jun Xiu pretty soon.” 

 

“I wish I can see Mei Ying Da Jie on my wedding.” She sighed solemnly. 

 

“Now, now, let’s not get upset with that. She's probably happy that she’s away from home.” 

 

“Actually, I'm happy about it, too.” Tai Yan said, with a playful devilish tone in her voice. 

 

“What do you mean by that, Tai Yan Jie Jie?” Xiu Ying asked, as her laughter ceased. 

 

“Well, if she’s here, she would be the one to marry Jun Xiu, right?” She asked, laughing slightly. 

 

“It’s not that I’m jealous of her or something, it’s just that...” 

 

“It’s just that you are too sickly in loved with Jun Xiu.” Xiu Yan laughed while she blushed. 

 

“Announcing the arrival of Zhu Xian Gongzhu!” A eunuch yelled, much to everyone’s amusements. Xiu Yan, Tai Yan and Xiu Ying stared at each other questioningly, somehow surprised with the announcement. 

 

With Mei Ying and Yun Hao 

 

Mei Ying's condition worsen each day as she hardly woke up and looked at Yun Hao, much to his disappointment. Yun Hao gave her a light kissed on her forehead as she stirred in her sleep uncomfortably, mumbling something incoherently. The weather was pretty warm and temperate right now and Yun Hao feared that her condition wouldn't get any better if this continued. Sighing solemnly, he closed his eyes before ing Mei Ying's outer layer of clothing. 

 

“What are you doing?” She mumbled, as he smiled down at her softly. 

 

"Don’t take it wrongly. I’m not doing anything to you. I don’t want heat to gather in your body.” He said, blushing slightly as he lay her back down gently after taking off her outer layer of clothing and fanned her so that she had feel better. It did make her feel better but now, Yun Hao’s face was flushing as he saw the shape of Mei Ying’s body. It was forbiddingly revealing and the upper part of her chest was slightly transparent. 

 

“Yun Hao.” She murmured, his name ever so softly that it melted his heart. He smiled down at her lovingly as he place a wet towel on her burning forehead. 

 

“Yun Hao.” She said, as her tears continued to fall onto his hand. 

 

“Everything is going to be alright, trust me.” 

 

“I trust you but.” 

 

“But what?” 

 

“Yun Hao. My playtime is over.” She cried unhappily, as he smiled down at her. 

 

“What are you talking about? What playtime?” 

 

“Yun Hao. I’m sorry. Forgive me. Please forgive me?” She mumbled incoherently. 

 

“Sorry? What do you mean? You did nothing wrong.” He whispered. 

 

“I’m sorry for everything.” She said, before she fell asleep again. 

 

“Mei Ying.” He mumbled. His playtime was over too, so he decided that Mei Ying deserve a better care in the forbidden palace in Beijing. 

 

Meanwhile, in the forbidden palace of Qing Dynasty, the second Mongolian Gongzhu was getting married to the Qing Dynasty’s prince. It was quite a scene to see as the girls kept fooling around while chatting with each other endlessly in one of the rooms while helping the bride get ready. Their father was outside with Huang Shang, chatting happily with each other to celebrate the union of two countries. 

 

“Oh, god. I can’t believe my wedding day would be so...so...” 

 

“Havoc.” Xiu Ying continued, as she nodded slightly. 

 

“I just don’t have the heart to tell Fu Wang. He will be heartbroken to know that Mei Ying Jie Jie is sick and the worst part is.” Zhu Xian mumbled. 

 

“The worst part is that you left her with an unknown guy.” Xiu Yan sighed as she placed some hairclips into Tai Yan's black hair. Tai Yan pouted miserably as she stared at herself. 

 

“How could you leave our sister with him?” 

 

“Oh, enough blabbering. Xiu Ying Jie Jie, look what you did. You have dabbed so much blushed on Tai Yan Jie Jie’s face. Ew. Now she looked even worst than Mei Ying Jie Jie when Yun Hao Ge put makeup on her.” Zhu Xian commented, much to Tai Yan's horror. She looked at the mirror and screamed. 

 

“Xiu Ying. What have you done to my face?” She questioned, somehow horrified with her own looked. 

 

“I'm sorry.” 

 

“Jun Xiu will died immediately as soon as he sees me liked this.” 

 

“Don’t be silly, Tai Yan Mei Mei. Come here and let me helped you out with those.” Xiu Yan said, sighing as she quickly brushed off the thick makeup from Tai Yan's face. 

 

“Tien Ah!” Tai Yan cried, and looked at Zhu Xian who was giggling mischievously. 

 

“Anyway, how do you planned to handle Jun Xiu?” Xiu Ying asked, while Zhu Xian resumed her laughter. Only this time, it goes even more bewilderedly. 

 

“Huh?” Tai Yan said, turning around to looked at Xiu Ying. 

 

“I said, how do you planned to handle Jun Xiu? You know, when people get married, a husband will usually demand something from his wife, especially on their bridal night.” Xiu Ying said, repeating innocently. Tai Yan's face turned extremely red at her question and pondered slightly on how she should handle Jun Xiu. The thought of everything somehow freaks her out. Quietly, she prayed so that she won’t climbed any tree out of terror.