The Arrange Marriage

The Arrange Marriage

Chapter 19 

 

Tai Yan enthused as the sunlight filtered through the thin material of her bedroom curtain. Her head felt extremely heavy and her body seems to be exhausted. She flicked her eyes opened and tried to get up properly after a good yawned. She sighed and wondered how she got back to her bedroom. As far as she’s concern, last night was wordlessly havoc and she felt slightly confused about everything. 

 

“You are awake.” Jun Xiu smiled as he poured some tea into a cup and offered it to Tai Yan. His action caused her to turned extremely red as she looked at him bewilderedly with her drowsy eyes. 

 

“Good morning.” 

 

“I can’t remember anything? Why am I here? Why are you here?” She finally mumbled out incoherently, while Jun Xiu smiled. 

 

“Calm down first and we will talked.” He said. The calmness in his voice caused her to wondered whether she’s married to him. She felt extremely confused; as all she can remember was that she killed someone last night and now, she’s wondering why Jun Xiu is in her room early in the morning. 

 

“Here.” Jun Xiu smiled, handing her a bowl of porridge which she took quietly while blushing. She didn’t say anything but stared at him silently. She tried to recalled whether she’s already married to him. 

 

“Uh.” She blushed, looking at him as her hands brushed against his when she wanted to take the spoon for her porridge. 

 

“I'm sorry.” He said, as he looked at her tenderly. 

 

“Did I have an amnesia or something?” She asked, looking at Jun Xiu intently. Jun Xiu looked at her weirdly, wondering why out of all of her question that she can asked, she asked ‘Did I have an amnesia or something?’ “What is that supposed to mean?” Jun Xiu asked, feeling slightly funny with her question. 

 

“I don’t know. I don’t remember anything about being married to you and you are acting liked my husband. Did I loses my memory or something?” She asked, while Jun Xiu eye her confused expression for a moment before he bursts out laughing. 

 

“Tien Ah. Dear god. Bless us.” He laughed, causing Tai Yan to looked at him even more intently as she’s not seeing anything funny with her statement. 

 

With Mei Ying and Yun Hao 

 

“So, that’s what happened?” Zhu Xian finally smiled after hearing Yun Hao’s explanation. Zhu Xian eye her sister carefully and smiled to herself. Yun Hao would make a good husband. She’s already having this sudden urged to matchmake those two. Royalty or not, she didn’t care. It’s not liked her Fu Wang is going to killed her Jie Jie for getting married. It’s her Fu Wang’s wish to see Mei Ying get married. The naughty Gongzhu smiled to herself happily and pouted slightly at their cold action. 

 

“And you better believe that.” Mei Ying said, and sneezes as she sat beside Yun Hao who was near the campfire. She was shivering violently as a gust of wind blew past her. 

 

“Of course, I believe both of you.” She smiled while Mei Ying sighed. 

 

“It looks liked you don’t.” 

 

“Come on, Jie Jie, it’s my job to believe you and it’s your job to trusts me.” She said meaningfully, while Yun Hao stood up to drape his blanket around Mei Ying carefully, scared that she might fall sick. 

 

“Mei Lin, I think you better take care of yourself before you catch a cold.” He said, while Mei Ying smiled bitterly after sneezing again. She didn’t feel so good. She had never feel so unhealthy ever since her Er Niang passed away a few years ago. She felt liked crying all over again, liked a child feeling so unhealthy and helpless. 

 

“I want to sleep.” She said, and climbed onto the carriage without looking back at Yun Hao or Zhu Xian. 

 

“Oh, hey.” Zhu Xian mumbled, looking at Yun Hao funnily. 

 

“Now what?” He asked, laughing at Zhu Xian's expression. She looks as if she wanted to interrogated him again, about what had happened between him and Mei Ying. 

 

“Are you sure you didn’t do anything to Da Jie?” She asked him, narrowing her eyes. 

 

“Or course not. Don’t be silly. Why would I want to do anything to her?” He asked lousily and dreamily. 

 

“She’s gorgeous and no one can changed the fact that your a man and she's a lady.” Zhu Xian said meaningfully, “She is gorgeous and yes, she is a girl and I’m a guy but Zhu Xian, I’m not a man with such lusts. If I want her, I will make her fall for me willingly, not just take her forcefully.” He said wittingly, causing Zhu Xian to pondered something to herself for a bit. 

 

Dear Mei Ying Da Jie, 

 

Forgive me for such an abrupt departure. You are extremely sick and I’m not going to stay here and do nothing about it. You may take this as some formed of betrayal and I’m the traitor but I’m not letting you lie sick here forever. I’m going to leave you under the care of Yun Hao Ge as I know he’s a trustworthy person. I trust him and I know you do, too. Actually, both of you will make a great and wondrous couple and there's no doubt about it but I’m not trying to do anything here. Well, at least not yet. I’m going back ‘home’ to informed father about everything. You don’t have to worry about my safety. I will be just fine and I will make sure you are forgiven as well before your returned. Please take care during my absence and I hope to see you again soon. 

 

Your Xiao Mei Mei, 

 

Zhu Xian 

 

“She what?” Mei Ying mumbled weakly, as Yun Hao handed her the letter he found that morning after waking up, “I’m sorry. She’s already gone when I woke up. Please forgive me?” Yun Hao said remorsefully, as Mei Ying tried to get up. 

 

“You don’t have to feel remorseful for anything. I know my sister. No one including me can stopped what she wants to do. All I’m worried about is the reaction of our father upon her returned without me.” Mei Ying sighed miserably. 

 

“Huh? What do you mean by you are worried about your father’s reaction of her returned without you? I don’t trust myself to get what you are trying to say here.” He said, as the earrings that Mei Ying wore jingles attractively as she moved. 

 

“She will get herself killed.” Mei Ying mumbled. 

 

“Honestly, Mei Ying, you are thinking too much.” 

 

“No, father truly loves me and she will be blame for not persuading me to go back home. Of course, there’s Tai Yan, Xiu Ying and Xiu Yan to protect her but I don’t quite trusts it’s going to be all fine unless father is truly in a very good mood.” Mei Ying sighed again. 

 

“It’s not that serious, right?” Yun Hao asked, quite uncertain as Mei Ying has been talking too seriously. 

 

“It is.” She mumbled, closing her eyes weakly, causing Yun Hao to panic. 

 

“Hey, wake up. Wake up. You can’t. Oh, dear god. Mei Ying.” He called, as Mei Ying lay the in his arm weakly. Her face was extremely flushed while her forehead seems to burned miserably. She moaned something that was inaudible to Yun Hao’s ears and the caused Yun Hao to feel extremely afraid. Afraid of losing her, that is.