I Love You

One True Love

 

Chapter 20: I Love You

 

 

It was such a tiring yet a happy day for me. Yonghwa asked me for a whole day date. Yeah, a whole-day date. We went to malls, watch movie, walking on side streets, eating ice creams and play on arcades. It was fun. He send me home around nine in the evening. My parents were at the living room watching tv. I guess, that’s the only thing that could make them relax. Anyways, I let Yonghwa in, we watched tv along with my parents.

 

“Yong, Sheena, have you eaten already?”

“Hmm. Yong treated me to a fancy restaurant.”

“That’s good.” Dad asked.

“So how was your date huh?”

“Mom…”

“Alright. Alright. I won’t ask anymore.” Mom said and smiled.

 

I haven’t noticed that it was past ten already. And I was so sleepy. Yonghwa was still here, watching with us. I yawned. They noticed it.

 

“Go and sleep, Shinhye-ah. I’ll go home once you’re inside your room.” Yonghwa said.

I nodded. “Goodnight, Yong, Mom, Dad.” I said and give each of them my goodnight kiss.

 

**

 

I was awakened with a guitar sound. I checked my watch, it was still three midnight. But then, I saw lights from my bedroom terrace. I got up and walked towards the door. As I walk towards the door, the guitar sound was getting nearer and nearer, and soon it was accompanied by a beatbox instrument, and tambourine.

 

 

I opened the sliding door and saw Yonghwa with three guys, all wearing tux. They look familiar. Oh, I saw them once. It was during the mini-concert in the coffee shop where I first saw Yonghwa after five years. Yeah, they were his bandmates.

 

 The guy with a burning look was playing the guitar. The cute one was on the beatbox instrument, the guy who looks like a girl was using the tambourine. And Yonghwa, he was singing “The Gift”, and was holding a bouquet of white roses.

 

Winter snow is falling down 
Children laughing all around 
Lights are turning on 
like a fairy tale come true.

Sitting by the fire we made 
You're the answer when i prayed 
I would find someone 
and baby I found you.

All I want is to hold you forever 
All I need is you more every day 
You saved my heart 
from being broken apart 
You gave your love away 
and I'm thankful every day 
for the gift.

Watching as you softly sleep 
What I'd give if I could keep 
Just this moment 
if only time stood still.

But the colors fade away 
And the years will make us grey 
But baby in my eyes 
You'll still be beautiful.

All I want is to hold you forever 
All I need is you more every day 
You saved my heart 
from being broken apart 
You gave your love away 
And I'm thankful every day 
for the gift.

(instrumental)

All I want is to hold you forever 
All I need is you more every day 
You saved my heart 
from being broken apart 
You gave your love away 
I can't find the words to say 
That I'm thankful every day 
for the gift.

 

 

 

I was mesmerized on how he manage to transform the terrace into a place like this. It was romantic. Really romantic. Then the cute guy stood up and bring along his instrument at the side, then the “girly” guy followed and lastly the burning one step aside. That leaves Yonghwa alone in the center. He handed me the bouquet. That’s when I saw the candles with rose petals formed in the words “Will You Marry Me?”

 

He stopped singing and kneeled, pulled a red small box from his pants. He opened it.

 

 

“Shin hye, I can’t wait any longer, I’ve been waiting for five years already. I don’t want to loose you any more. “He said. “ Park Shin Hye, will you marry me?’

 

“Yes, Jung Yonghwa. I will marry you.” I said and he let me wear the ring. He got up and hugged me tight.

 

“I love you Shinhye. I love you.” He said.

 

The three guys, played another song, and it’s now the burning guy who was singing.  He sang his own version of Jennifer Love Hewitt’s No Ordinary Love.

 

“May I have this dance?” he asked. I nodded. So we danced the whole midnight.

 

 

This could have been just another day

But instead we’re standing here

No need for words, it’s all been said

In the way you hold me near
I was alone on this journey

You came along to comfort me

Everything I want in life is right here

 

(Chorus)

‘Cause this is not your ordinary

No ordinary love

I was not prepared enough

To fall so deep in love

This is not your ordinary

No ordinary love

You were the first to touch my heart

Made everything right again

With your extraordinary love

 

I get so weak when you look at me

I get lost inside your eyes

Sometimes the magic is hard to believe

But you’re here before my very eyes

You brought joy to my world

Set me so free

I want you to understand

You’re every breath that I breathe

 

Repeat chorus

 

From the very first time that we kissed

I knew that I just couldn’t let you go at all

From this day on remember this:

That you’re the only one that I adore

Can’t we make this last forever

This cant be a dream

Cause it feels so good to me

 

Repeat chorus 2x

 

 

**

 

I let them in. We are now gathered in the living room with my parents.

 

“Yah, how did you get there?” I asked them. “The only way to get there was to pass through my bedroom door. I haven’t noticed anybody get inside my bedroom.”

“We asked some help, noona.” Minhyuk, the cute guy said.

“Congratulations, sweetie.” My mom said.

“So when will be the wedding?” Jonghyun asked.

“As soon as possible.” Yonghwa said with a smile.

“That’s good,Yonghwa. I can’t wait for that day to come.” My dad said.

“Why don’t we organize an engagement party? Right sir?” JungShin said.

“Great idea, young boy. Live it to me.”

“Dad, please. Just a simple one will do.” I said. “With our friends, and his family only. Please?”

“No Shinhye. I’m going to make this a “talk of the town” party. Youguys should perform, ok?”

“Yes, sir.” The three guys said and do the salute.

“Good boys.” My dad said and smiled.

 

**

Mom and dad left for work, the three boys went home. It leaves me and Yong alone.

 

“Yah! It’s so awkward.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?” he asked. He was hugging me. We are now at the garden.

“You should have told me about it. So I can prepare. Look, I’m in a total mess.” I said. “You’re wearing tux, and I’m here wearing my night gown.”

“Haha, it’s alright. You’re still beautiful.” He said and kissed my forehead. “Be prepared to be Mrs. Jung in no time.” He said and smirked.

“Huh?”

“Knowing your dad, I know he will make a way to get us married right away.”

“Aish…”

 

**

I texted Geun Young to meet me at the coffee shop, and ask her to bring along her husband. Yonghwa fetched me.

 

The GeunGeun couple arrived first. Why do they always arrive ahead of us? Anyways, they were very sweet, talking, laughing, they were just like those teenage couples who went out for a date. We decided to disturb their sweet sessions together, anyway they can continue it at home.

 

“Hi there.” I said happily.

“Hi.” They chorused.

 “Happy, huh?” Geun Suk asked. “Any good news?” he added.

I smiled and showed the ring that Yonghwa gave me.

“Woahh! Am I seeing this right?” Geun Young asked “My bestfriend is getting married!”

“That’s a very good news.” Geun suk said. “Congratulations.” Geun Suk said as he patted Yonghwa’s shoulders.

I looked up at Yonghwa, and smiled. “Thank you.” He said to Geun Suk.

“Let’s celebrate.” Geun Young said.

“Ahh, we can celebrate but please not in restobars. Shinhye might drink a lot again.” Yonghwa said teasingly.

“Yah!” I sadid and hit his shoulders.

“Heehee, just kidding.” He said and kissed my hands. “So where are we going to celebrate?”

“There’s this restaurant near here. Let’s go there.” Geun Young suggested. We all agreed.

 

Upon entering the restaurant, we spotted a very good place for us to stay. It was located near a stage with a piano on it. We ordered our food and talk about our upcoming engagement party. Yonghwa excused himself to go to the comfort room. Upon returning to our table, someone came on stage.

 

“Good Evening everyone. One of our costumers would like to perform tonight.” The restaurant’s staff said. “Sir?” he added. He was looking at Yonghwa. Yonghwa in the other hand got up and went on stage.

 

“Good Evening everyone. I’m Jung Yong Hwa of CNBlue. I would like to dedicate this song to my one and only love. Park Shin Hye.” He said and winked at me. And so the people in the restaurant were howling. Geun Young in the other hand was giggling.

 

 “Saranghae Shinhye-ah.”