Chapter 9

Maze Runner

The picture and gif are not mine so credit for the owner.


The present day.

The 26 years N or Cha Hakyeon became a dance teacher and the single parent of his 5 years beautiful and hansome twins, Cha Yongjin and Cha Dongjin. After Yongjin and Dongjin turned 4 years old he came back to Seoul because his friends or the owner of the dance institute where he taught now, Ravi, wanted him to teach there. Hakyeon also heard that Leo went to America to seek his study and his medical treatment so Hakyeon was willing to accept Ravi invintation. His parent was worried at first because they were never afar of their grandchildren but Hakyeon assured them that they would be alright.

For two months it was very tiring because he had to take care of his children while teaching in the class. It was not that his children were not listening to him or what, because his children were angels that sent from heaven to him. Cha Yongjin was a bubbly and cheerful child, she was talkative and very smart. She never caused problem to Cha Hakyeon instead she always bring comfort when Hakyeon was down. She helped him with the daily course at home. Though she just 4 years old at that time she was very understanding how hard became a single parent. Her cute side made people loved her at first sight. It seemed that she was a copy carbon of Cha Hakyeon. Then, Cha Dongjin was very quite and reserved child. It always makes Hakyeon think about Leo because Dongjin was copy carbon of Leo. Dongjin was very smart like his sister. He was a tipycal a first born that responsible and made him a best leader. He led his sister and took care of his sister. His sister and his parent was always number one for him. He listened to Cha Hakyeon words very well. He never got trouble, but he easily got annoyed sometimes because of his parent who always kiss him without warning. He also helped Hakyeon for daily course at home although he was still 4 years old. His cool yet cute side made people fell for him for the first time. Overall, Hakyeon's children were very adorable.

Then one day, Ravi told him to entrust his children in the daycare not far from dance institute. They were also opened kindergarten. It was the time that Yongjin and Dongjin had to attend school. So, Hakyeon sent them to the daycare though he was hesitate for the first time, but it turned well. Monday to friday, from 8.00 a.m. until  4.30 p.m his children would stay in day care. Then at 5 p.m. he would pick up his children from daycare. After sending his children to daycare he would go to dance institute to teach. For Saturday, he sent his children at 8.30 a.m. and picked them up around lunch time. And it was last for a year by now.


At 7.30 a.m. Cha Hakyeon's Apartment.

"Cha Dongjin, Cha Yongjin, wake up, you have to go to kindergarten," He patted his children softly to wake them up. "Come on, Eomma had already made breakfast for both of you, now wake up and prepare for school,"

Cha Dongjin wiggled on his bed then woke up right away, it applied to Yongjin also, after several times wiggled on her bed she woke up. Dongjin went to their bathroom to wash his face then brushed his tooth. Yongjin followed what Dongjin did. Then they change their clothes. Then they sit on their chairs on the dining room.

"Eomma what's for breakfast?"

"Eomma made some soup and spagetty for breakfast,"

"Yay, spagetty, I love Eomma's spagetty,"

"You flattered me Yongjin,"

"Dongjin here is your food,"

"Thank you Eomma,"

Dongjin always say shortly for everything Hakyeon said. He just looked like Leo. He wondering when suddenly Yongjin shoke his arm.

"Eomma, I am hungry,"

"Ok, say the words,"

"Jal meokgoseumnida (Thanks for the food)," The said in chorus.

They dug their food.

"Eomma, yesterday seonsangnim said that we could bring our pencil color and drawing book to school, can I bring and use my drawing book that we bought last week?"

"Sure,"

"Yay, thank you Eomma, I love you," Said Yongjin while forming hearts with his tiny hands and showing his aegyo.

"I love you too, baby,"

"I finished my meal, thanks for the food,"

Dongjin bring his bowl and plates to the sink and started washing it. In a minute Yongjin finished her food and did same thing like her brother did. Hakyeon always feels amused with his twins. They were grown up without he realized it. They still 5 years old for God sake. They should play carefree without thinking about anything.

"Eomma, are you finished your meal?" Dongjin asked Hakyeon.

"Not yet, let Eomma wash my dishes by myself now get your jacket and bag," He told Dongjin and Yongjin.

"Yes," They answere at the same time, Yongjin sprinted to get her drawing book while Dongjing just walked slowly.

They were twins but their personality was much different. Hakyeon finished his meal then washed his dishes then picked his jacket and wore his jacket. His twins were ready for his day in day care. His apartment was 10 minutes distant walking from the daycare. So they walked together while Hakyeon hold Dongjin and Yongjin hand in each hand.

"Eomma, can we have burger for dinner," Asked Yongjin suddenly.

"Why?"

"Yesterday I saw a mister ate it and it looked delicious, I just wanted to eat it, can I Eomma?"

"Do you want it also Dongjin,"

"I am fine with anything Eomma,"

"Okay, we will have burger for dinner,"

"Yay...Yongjin will eat burger today, yay," Said Yongjin while jumping up and down then grinning.

Hakyeon felt sorry for the twins. They were so easily to be pleased. They were never asked something expensive. They easily be pleased with something cheap. They just so good to be true for Hakyeon. It made him always say his gratefulness to God.

"Ja...we arrived, don't forget what Eomma always saying,"

"Be polite to seonsangnim and older, be good to our friends and always take care of (Yongjin / Dongjin)," They said in chorus.

"Good Morning, Hyung,"

"Ah, good morning Hyuk~ah,"

"Good morning seonsaengnim," Yongjin and Dongjin said to the later and bowed to him.

"Today you will have fun with me again," Said Hyuk to the twins.

"Yes, seonsaengnim,"

"Now, said good bye to your Eomma,"

"Bye Eomma, becareful on your way," Said them to their Eomma and bowed.

"Ok, now give Eomma poppo (light kiss),"

Yongjin gave him poppo on his lips while Dongjin always gave poppo on his cheek.

"Eomma will pick you up at 5 p.m. straight,"

"Yes, Eomma, Saranghae," Yongjin made love sign to Hakyeon.

"Saranghae," Hakyeon formed big heart with his hands, "Dongjin~ah, saranghae,"

Dongjin just walked in to the kindergaten. Hakyeon knew that his son was very shy of public display affection. He could not blame on him. He was just too shy.

"Please take care of them Hyuk seonsaengnim,"

"Sure Hakyeon Hyung, have a nice day,"

"Thank you, have a nice day to you too,"

Then Hakyeon walked to his dance institute. It also ten minutes distant walk. He enjoyed the scenery while walking to his work place.


It was Saturday morning, Hakyeon sent his beautiful angels to daycare. After that he headed to his work. This morning he felt unsettled because of a reason that he did not know. He felt something bad would happen, but he did not know what.

"Hi, Hyung," Ravi greeted him.

"Oh, Hi Ravi~ah,"

"Are you alright? Your face a little bit pale,"

"No, I am alright, why do you here on saturday, you always go to gym on weekend morning,"

"Nah, I just want to be here for today,"

"Why?"

"Hem... I broke up with my gym intructor yesterday, don't feel like coming again to gym,"

"Don't be like that, gym is for your health, not the place for romance,"

"I know, I know,"

"Are you alright?"

"Better than yesterday,"

"If you want some comfort, come to me anytime,"

"You are my best hyung ever,"

Hakyeon just smile to him.

"Do you have a class today?"

"Hem...," Hakyeon Nodding, "Class for salsa and jazz today,"

"Ah...I just remember, actually my friend from high school want to enter your class today, but she said that can't come because of urgent matter, so her friends will come for her place, So I think you'll get new students today,"

"Ok, thanks for the information,"

"Sure, if you need anything, I'll be in my office, bye Hyung,"

"Bye,"

Hakyeon saw Ravi walked in and made turn to his office. He watched the latter until he disappeared. Ravi was his friend from college. They loved dancing so they became close. No romance attraction include in their relationship, it was pure that they loved dancing so much.


N POV

At 9 a.m I was in the middle of class when suddenly Sojin noona came to my class. She said that she brought my new students. I followed her.

"Gentlemen, please meet your new dance teacher, this is Cha Hakyeon Seonsaengnim," She always made an awkward introduction, but I complied with her.

"Thank you Sojin Noona,"

"Hello, I am Cha Hakyeon, your teacher, nice to meet you," My eyes met a beautiful brown eyes.

"Hi, I am Lee Jaehwan, but just call me Ken," He said with a playful tone, he was interesting.

"Hallo Ken~ssi,"

"Ey...just call me Ken, it looks that we can get close faster," Ken said to use banmal (drop the horiffic term) rather than jodaemal (horiffic term), he was friendly guy.

"Yes, Ken," I smiled at him.

"Here, meet my friends, he's Hongbin," There were a beautiful tall figure with dimple on both cheeks, he was so cute, unknowingly I smiled to him.

"Hallo, I am Lee Hongbin, Just call me Hongbin," He said politely.

"Nice to meet you Hongbin,"

"And he's Jung Taekwoon, don't worry though his face is frightening, he's a good man,"

".............,"

I felt my heartdrop when I heard name 'Jung Taekwoon'. Could it be Jung Taekwoon I knew? When I saw it was Leo standing infront of me. I was speechless.

"Hello nice to meet you, I am Jung Taekwoon," he offered a hands to me.

I just saw him in disbelieve. He still did not remember about me. I was so sad and disappointed but relieved at the same time.

"Hakyeon~ah," Sojin nudged my arm.

"Ah...yes, nice to meet you Taekwoon~ssi," I grabbed his hand

"Just call me Taekwoon,"

"Yes, Taekwoon,"

When we shoke our hands, Taekwoon pulled his hand rather quickly. I was a little bit startled but remain silent.

'Oh no, I am in trouble,' I made mental note in my head.


(Here is Cha Yongjin and Cha Dongjin)