Chapter 8

Maze Runner

The picture and gif are not mine so credit for the owner.


The present day.

The 26 years old Jung Taekwoon became a successful businessman. He handled his own hotels and some resorts. He also had some other business related to IT, tourism, clothing line and cosmetic. There were also some big malls under his name. He was rich indeed for his age but he also responsible for thousand employee under his Jung Enterprise, It was not easy, but he liked it. It could distract him from his memory. Six year after his accident, he still could not remember anything. It made him frustrated, he always says that he could not chased away the thick cloud in his head.

"Sir, some people who was summoned by you were waiting in front of your office," Hongbin, his secretary reported to him.

"Let them in," Said Taekwoon coldly.

"Yes, Sir,"

Taekwoon was in his office. Some of his employee summoned by him. He was pissed off because how poor they handled the new project. When the people gathered in front of him, Taekwoon stood up.

"Good morning gentleman, did you know why in this beautiful morning I call all of you here?"

"No...no, Sir," One of his employee answered him.

"No, really?"

"...................,"

"Huh....What is it?" He throwed some project paper to his employee. He did not satisfied with their work. "Do you know how much I paid you all and you just made some garbage to show to me, re-did it, gave me after lunch, Now get out of my office,"

The loving Jung Leo became a fierce Jung Taekwon who handled Jung Enterprise. (He even did not remember that he was loving). He was the youngest CEO of Korean history. He handled Jung Enterprise by himself. His Noonas (Older sisters) had other business under Jung Enterprise. They liked it so there were no problem in his family. His father retired quit early because of his health. His mother did not want to take the business so here Jung Taekwoon.

"Huh...I am stressed in early morning,"

"Sir, don't be so fierce toward them, they were hard workinh men, I know because I always spotted them working until late to satisfy you,"

"Lee Hongbin, you are sweet talker,"

"Huh...Hyung, don't be like this, or else you will ended up alone, there would be no woman or men wants near you,"

"Lee Hongbin, this is my company, I can handle it myself,"

"Up to you hyung, don't tell me that I did not warn you if you ended up alone, I'll go check your schedule one more time, oh, I just remember, you have to meet Jaehwan hyung for regular check up,"

"I know, my hell won't never end, he will nag at me this time,"

"It's your false since you forget about meeting him the other day,"

"I am so busy, but he did not spare me,"

"You know his personality right, he's your hobae and my sunbae in our University,"

"Hah...I know, just give me the file about Jellyfish company to me,"

"Yes, Sir,"


Meet Lee Jaehwan the super antic's friend of Jung Taekwoon, he prefered to be called Ken. The first time Jaehwan and Taekwoon met was when they where in Harvard University, their campus. Leo was business management students while Lee Jaehwan was medical students. One day Taekwoon was feeling hyperventilation and fortunately Jaehwan was around so he helped him. After that they became friend. Hongbin was a close friend of Jaehwan so they ended up being friend. They were often to spend their free time together. Jaehwan called it bonding time. After they graduated from University Jaehwan became Taekwoon private doctor and Hongbin became his secretary. They still spent their time together after works sometime.

Today was his regular cheeck up day for Taekwoon. He always prefer to be examined in his house rather than in hospital. Hospital always gives him bad feeling. Jaehwan or Ken complied with his patient. 


(Here is Taekwoon's apartment)


"Hyung...Taekwoon hyung," Ken was in front of Taekwoon apartment.

"Coming," Hongbin opened the door.

"Where is Taekwoon hyung?"

"He's in the living room,"

"Ok," He gave hongbin 'ok' sign, "Hyung, I have something for you, Hyung!"

Taekwoon was at home when Ken came. Hongbin also came to Taekwoon house to do some checking with his boss.

"Yak...I am not deaf, control your voice," Taekwoon grumbled.

"oh, sorry, Hongbin~ah give me something to drink, I am thristy,"

"What do you want hyung?" Hongbin walked to the kitchen.

"Anything refreshing,"

"Ok,"

After Ken did some examination toward Taekwoon, check-up finished. Ken gave some prescription to Taekwoon.

"Do you still feeling dizzy hyung, like your head want to explode,"

"Uhuh...sometime, but it was not severe like the first time,"

"Ok, you have to drink the medicine I prescibe for you,"

"Sure,"

"Hyung, I have something for you,"

"What? This is a coupon for dancing class, I got it from collegue, she said he could not attend because he had to go to france this month, you have to come with me?"

"Dancing class? Yak...Am I that free to attend a dance class?"

"You can meet new people also you can sosialize there, you can't hide yourself forever hyung,"

"I think it's better idea hyung, you just went to gym but you did not sosialize much there, dance class sounds fun, can I come?" Hongbin asked Ken.

"Sure, I have three coupons, I want to ask you anyway,"

"No, I don't want to attend this stupid dance class,"

"Hyungggggg... You must attend, I don't want to hear your rejection, I'll pick up you up this weekend,"

"I won't come,"

"You'll regret if you don't come,"

"I am not,"

"Yes, you are,"

"I won't,"

"Yes you will,"

Hongbin rolled his eyes seeing the comedy before his eyes. He plugged headset on his ears and listened some realzing music did not care Ken and Taekwoon were arguing.


Saturday morning, at 8 a.m.

"HYUUUUNGGGGG....TAEKWOON HYUNG....WAKE UP...IT'S ALREADY 8 A.M. WE'LL BE LATE FOR OUR CLASS,"

Taekwoon was sleeping until Ken harbored his bed and yelled at him to wake up.

"KEN...IT'S FREAKING 8 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING, I WANT MY SLEEP,"

"No, you have to come with me,"

"To where?"

"Dance class, did you forget already, hongbin is waiting in the car, get ready in 10 minutes,"

"No, I'll sleep,"

"No, wake up," Ken pulled his pillow under his head.

"For God sake, it's weekend and I want my sleep,"

"Don't be piggy whining monster, come,"

"Ok, ok, I'll change my clothes and get ready in 15 minutes,"

"Ten minutes,"

"Ok, Thirteen minutes ok,"

"Ok, get hurry,"

In Thirteen minutes they were headed to dance academy which was located in gangnam. The came out from the car. Ken was happily skipping to the building, Hongbin and Taekwoon followed him behind. They were greeted by a beautiful lady in the front desk.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, you have to help us, this is our coupon, we will attend salsa dance class,"

"Sure, please fill the registration forms, here,"

"Ok, thank you beautiful lady,"

The three of them gave the lady their forms.

"Ok, we'll proceed the regristration, you can go to your class, is it in room 12,"

"Ok," Ken smiled to the lady and glanced to Hongbin and Taekwoon, "Come she will guide us to the room,"

They followed Ken. When they were walking to the apointed room, they could see some people dancing because the main material of the building was glasses. Suddenly Taekwoon catched something interesting. He saw a man who was dancing passionately with his partner. His skin was a bit dark, and it seemed that he was shorter than Taekwoon. His move was simple yet alluring and beautiful. Taekwoon could not take his eyes from the latter man. It was something that so awe struck him. He stood there until the man finished his dance. The man bowed to his partner and the audience. The clapped hands were heard from his place.

"Hyung, are you ok?"

"Ah...I am,"

"Come on,"

They came in to the class where the man was. The man was not aware of those people there until the beautiful front desk woman patted him for his attention. She guided him to the new members of their dance institute.

"Gentlemen, please meet your new dance teacher, this is Cha Hakyeon Seonsaengnim,"

"Thank you Sojin Noona,"

"Hello, I am Cha Hakyeon, your teacher, nice to meet you,"

Taekwoon could not take his eye of off him.

"Hi, I am Lee Jaehwan, but just call me Ken,"

"Hallo Ken~ssi,"

"Ey...just call me Ken, it looks that we can get close faster,"

"Yes, Ken,"

"Here, meet my friends, he's Hongbin,"

"Hallo, I am Lee Hongbin, Just call me Hongbin,"

"Nice to meet you Hongbin,"

"And he's Jung Taekwoon, don't worry though his face is frightening, he's a good man,"

".............,"

Cha Hakyeon eyes were wide when he saw Leo was standing infront of him. He was speechless.

"Hello nice to meet you, I am Jung Taekwoon he offered hands to Cha Hakyeon, the thing that rarely happen from Jung Taekwoon.

"Hakyeon~ah," Sojin nudged Hakyeon arms.

"Ah...yes, nice to meet you Taekwoon~ssi,"

"Just call me Taekwoon,"

"Yes, Taekwoon,"

When they shoke their hands, Taekwoon felt electrifying when their hands touched, he pulled his hand then quickly. Hakyeon little bit startled but remain silent.

'Oh no, I am in trouble,' Hakyeon stated in his head.


Sorry...I want it short but ended up this long...