chapter 5: who are you?

Last Fantasy

` Mais les yeux sont aveugles. Il faut chercher avec le cœur. `

But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart...

well, they say we musn't judge a person from their look because it can be tricky at times.

But i'm talking about right now.

should i let myself believe in what i'm seeing?

my brain seems to stop thinking, my breath stiffled like i've forgotten how to breath. my heart is beating rapidly.

between the endless crowd of people, i've finally found you.

you were there, standing stood among the crowd.

letting out a relief, I secretly smiled. finally

as i reached the bottom of the stairs my mother guided me to the stage and make a toast

"to my daughter, ____________. let us give her a toast" the crowd held their wine glass high and toast with one another

after the toast, everyone were crowding the buffet table. some were exploring the castle, some were spacing out with their friends

everyone is then spread out.

i looked over for him but i missed a several times "excuse me ---------" i squaked infront of him and then he turned at me "yes princess?"

he wasn't the one. "uh mianhae.. wrong person" i quickly ran. i notice my hands were sweating all over. "phobia allert"

i ran towards the bathroom and dry my hands. then suddenly i think about my dream.

there's one place appearing in my mind. the garden

 ---

i quickly ran over to the garden and then i found nobody. my smile turned into frown. 'wae? he should be here..'

i sat on the bench, throwing little pebbles to the lake and sighed.

"why are you letting a sigh?" i turned toward the voice.

deja vu. i thought to myself.

my eyes widened. it's him! i tried to open my mouth but nothing came out.

"happy birthday" he smiled as he revealed a little of his eye smiles. his face was just flawless. his black hair fit his face perfectly as he was wearing a formal suit.

"gomawo" i replied as my brain stopped. after the long awkward silence between us, he decided to talk first.

"so.. can i sit here?" he walked towards me and i move to the end of the bench "yes you can" i said providing a space to sit.

his hair shone below the lemon coloured moon. his warm smile gave me a little goosebumps.

he then bent to reach for something under the bench. it was my little prince novel i left behind this afternoon.

"is this yours?" he cleaned the dirt on the book and looked towards me. i was blank for another second and he decided to repeat the question.

"what an interesting book of yours." he read through the pages and then stopped.

"Here is my secret. It is very simple, one sees well only with the heart.." he started reading the line written on the book

"what is essential is invicible to the eyes..." i followed along his quote. he looked at me with amazement.

"i thought princesses don't read such novels" he joked "well now you know that one of those princesses really reads novels" i snorted.

"so it must then belong to you" he offered me the book.

"yes it's mine.." i took the book in his hands, our hands touched but he didn't let go. neither do i. he looked blank and then let go of the book.

"weird..." he looked back to the lake and the gap between us is then clearly seen. "what's weird?" i looked at him

"i thought i just had a deja vu" he seemed serious. "me too" i confessed as i sighed.

"it was the exact same scene in my dream. i gave you the book but not knowing who you are... it feels kinda weird" he gave a slight grin.

"by the way, i didn't know your name..." i looked at him cautiously. he gave me a smile. he reached for his mask.

"name's Myungsoo. Kim Myung Soo" he opened his mask revealing a flawless face of him.

he bent over and gave me a slight kiss on my hand. "you'd better remember me, princess"

he stands up, puts on his mask again and waved goodbye as he walked towards the ballroom.

i waved at him and then my mind goes blank. when he was about to enter the room, i started to run.

i didn't want him to leave. i don't know why i just feel that he's different. i feel that if i let him go this time, i would never see him again.

i was afraid of losing his trace.

i ran over him and managed to grab his hand. panting, i'm really lost of words.

"myungsoo.. can i meet you again?" i breathe heavilly.

he left out a small sigh "maybe"

he then put off his necklace and bind it around my neck.

"this will make sure you'll find me from those numerous number of people" he smiled as he left.

--

Myungsoo. So that was his name..

I looked back at him as he dissapeared into the castle. i stood there in silence.

the necklace he gave me was hanging around my neck. it was a small sapphire blue ornament.

i held upon the glimmering blue ornament. 'we could meet again, can't we?'

"princess!" na eun called in as she accelerated towards me "the queen wants you to have a short speech" she reported.

my eyes opened wide "oh no no no.. i think i missheard.." i shook my head as i denied.

"no you didn't. so now come with me!" she grabbed my hand and brought me inside. she pushed me to the middle of the stage and gave me the mic

the once noisy crowd turned into an awkward silence. i tapped on the mic to test it. i looked around the room as their eyes looked at me sharply

someone help me! my hands are sweating all over again, men.. too much men..

i closed my eyes to calm myself, opening it again to see the whole crowd. i looked around.

then i found someone in the crowd. Myungsoo. he's still here..

i opened my mouth slowly "anyeong yoreobun.. ___________ imnida.. " i introduced myself.

"thankyou for coming to my 17th birthday party.. hope you enjoy your time here" i finished.

the crowd applaused, all eyes are on me but all i can see is him. i smiled, delighted.

after the speech i came down and searched for him but everyone is blocking my way

-------

"happy birthday princess" a man jumped infront of me and gave me a present

"uhh.. thankyou" i smiled as i took the present from his hand. I passed him and another two did the same.

then another three would stood infront of me. this entire crowd just wont stop getting in my way...

I started to feel frustated that i'm losing his trace. i ran so fast that i ended up running into someone. we both fell

i fell above him with the crowd looking. i blushed and then quickly stands up. "sorry.." i say without looking at him.

"woah princess, what's with the sudden rush?" he tidied his hair. myungsoo!

"i was looking for you" i whispered. "you did?" he stands up slowly and looked at me.

"yeah.. i wonder if----" i bit my lips. come on! you said you didn't want to lose him.. say something!

"i'll come here tomorrow" he smiled. i'm surprised. how did he know?

"garden at 3?" i completed. he smiled as he gave me an 'okay' sign.

he waved goodbye and left.

It's the first time i found a guy so fly. Someone who can read through me. Someone.. Comfortable.

that night was probably the best night of my life not knowing what's going to happen tomorrow.

i squaled as i get in my bed. i kissed the hand he kissed back then, not losing it's scent.

his manly fragrance still left it marks on my hand. i blushed a little.

i looked at my hands. they're not sweating anymore... does this mean my phobia..?

i covered myself in blanket and squealed.

tomorrow it is.