chapter 12: terrified

Last Fantasy

i'm sorry...

i held his hands as he started to lose conciousness.

"no.. don't cry. i am not worthy of your tears" he whispered slowly as the blood in his head kept on flowing.

i laughed a bit "how can you blurted out such romantic words when you're dying like this?"

i tried to clean his blood but it kept on flowing. he smiled weakly as he started to close his eyes.

"myungsoo?" i raised my voice panicking "myungsoo? kim myung soo?" i shook his body but he didn't respond.

i looked back with panic. i found out that both woohyun and sunggyu are gone.

i dragged along myungsoo putting his arm on my shoulder. his body wasn't as light as i thought.

"myungsoo.. hold on!" i dragged him outside the warehouse, praying that he'll be allright.

when i pushed the door open, sunggyu was running towards us, behind him stood woohyun.

i cried as i look at them. "please help him.. please..!"

i don't want to lose him. not again. i looked at them begging for a single help.

sunggyu sighed as he helped me carry myungsoo inside the castle. "thankyou sunggyu.."

i looked back at woohyun. the puzzled and guilty look on his face creates a slight sadness in my heart.

he stood motionless and finally walked away.

"princess.. it's okay i can carry him myself" sunggyu said as he pulled myungsoo's arm and put myungsoo on his back.

i looked at him and gave him a small smile "aniyo oppa, let me help you.."

sunggyu sighed and let me help him.

sunggyu offered his room for myungsoo since the guest room are not cleaned yet.

we put him slowly in sunggyu's cozy bed. "let me call naeun to take care of his injuries"

sunggyu walked outside leaving the both of us alone.

the figure of myungsoo sleeping is just too peaceful, it seems that he had driven himself to dreamland.

so pure, full of white innocence. maybe it's true that people looked younger when they are sleeping.

i looked at him, wiping the stains of blood that left in his forehead. "you're going to be okay.." i whispered slowly.

i sat beside him and kissed his forehead slowly. "you're going to be allright.."

looking at his scars, i started to remember about woohyun. he was also hurted.

those emotions draw me back to his expression.

woohyun.. why are you putting such lonely face?

"princess.. i'm coming in" the door creaked open, naeun and sunggyu brought along some medicines.

i smiled as i stood up from my position. "sure.. thankyou naeun.. sunggyu" i looked at them delighted.

"you can rest now, princess.. he's allright." sunggyu poked my back slowly and i nodded relieved.

he whispered slowly in my ear "princess.. please don't put all the blame to woohyun.. he was only trying to protect you" he leaned back

"sunggyu can you pass me the band-aid?" naeun pointed at his table

"sure" he took the band aid and gave it back to na eun. he shrugged and pushed me slowly outside the room

"he needed you" i stared at him blankly..

he gave me a smile. a person appeared in my head.

 i nodded and walked away.

------------

i walked around the castle looking for woohyun but he was nowhere to be seen.

i ran outside to the garden and saw him seating alone in the bench.

i sighed at the view.

this garden brought along the nostalic moments of my first meeting with myungsoo but then i looked back at woohyun who sat there silently.

i approached him slowly and sat beside him

his expression was full of pain.. he looked lost.

it's like he's a lost puppy who lost all the love of the world. he gazed at the moon as if his world has dissapeared before him.

it's just sad.

i looked at him, he was still motionless and not a single word has appeared between us.

the silence below the moon is drawing back an endless sadness.

i opened my mouth slowly "woohyun.." 

he tilted his head slowly looking at me. still not saying a single word.

"i heard from sunggyu oppa that you are only defending me.. thankyou.. and sorry" i wasn't really expecting an aswer though.

he have been through a lot today, he must be tired.

he looked at me and gave me a weak smile.

i realized that his lips are bleeding, i quickly wiped it with my hand and he held my hand.

"you don't have to be so nice to me, princess.. after all it was my fault" his warm hand dragged away my hand from his face.

my heart raced. nam woohyun, what's gotten into you?

"it's.. it's not your fault.. really.. don't blame yourself" i looked at him sincerely, hoping that he wouldn't feel too depressed.

i didn't do anything and only let it be.

he brushed against my hand and then he realized what he was doing. he stopped quickly and stands up looking away from me

"i'm.. sorry.. i can't" his voice shivered. woohyun seemed so weird today..

when i held his hand he turned around. his face were full of fears.

"woohyun?" i looked at him confusely.

"princess.. i want to quit being your bodyguard"

a silence reappeared. what did you say, woohyun?