chapter 10: You and I

Last Fantasy

"someone.. no.. a thief breaks inside the castle" woohyun seemed so tensed.

"what?!" i choked at the news.

this is probably the first time..

"where's sunggyu?" i walked towards him.

"he's after the thief, he's quite fast.." woohyun asked me to stay at my room.

"i see.. " woohyun left and drifting away

i tried to sleep again though but i heard conversation outside my room...

"have you caught him?" a soft voice began

"yes.. i can't believe it's him" the other one responded

"he didn't stole anything, did he?" he whispers

"he didn't. but it will be a chaos if the princess found out." the other one warned.

i peeked closer to the door and put my ears flat on the door so that i can hear things clearly. carefully so that i won't get caught.

it's already passed midnight. those voices, i'm sure they're sunggyu and woohyun..

"where is he now?" woohyun asked his hyung

"in the prison.. don't tell the princess or the queen. that's an order." sunggyu whispered. but i heard it really clear.

why can't i see the thief? it's not like he hates me so much that he might kill me. well.. maybe but that's impossible. what did i do wrong?

after the conversation ended, i hear the sound footsteps are also dissapearing.

have you ever heard of the 'reverse controversy'?

no? then that's what i'm going to do right now.

i wore my sweater and sneakily ran for the prison.

for some reasons, i'm just very curious.

-----

i ran outside the castle and turned right for the prison, there stood a person behind the bar.

the amount of light is just limited, the only source of light is from the moon.

i want to know the thief... why can't i meet him?

i bring a whip with me in case if the thief tried to kill me.

I slowly approached him. Step by step. He was sitting on the floor, playing with the peebles he found on the floor.

 he's wearing a black mask that covers his face. i walked slowly approaching him.

it can't be...

i ran towards him and opened his mask. i gasped.

"myungsoo?!" i couldn't believe my eyes. myungsoo is the thief?!

i don't know how to feel right now. i felt happy that i met him, shocked that he was the thief and also dissapointed that he didn't fulfill his promises

"princess.. Believe me, I wasn't a thief. I came here to meet you." he weakly responds as he stared at me weak.

he took a grip of the prison bars, the spaces were quite big but he couldn't get out.

"why.. you.." i didn't know how to start off.

i broke down crying. my knee felt so weak and i fell on my knee. myungsoo reached out his hand from the bars and patted my head

"i'm sorry.. i just didn't know how to start it off... I ran away from home to meet you" he kissed my forehead.

i cried because my emotions are just flowing. everything happened so fast between us.

"sorry... " he said one more time. "there's just so many things i haven't told you.." he carressed my cheek as he watched the tears flowing dripping down.

"what if you... what if you never came back?! i'm worried sick about you! Myungsoo i hate you!" i cried as he gave me a weak smile.

he held my face slowly with both of his hands, his eyes locked on mine. he smiled a little as he came closer

his lips touches mine, genuine and sweet. i closed my eyes as he pulled me in, the kiss was udescribable.

suddenly my mind felt empty, like everything is gone. the kiss lasted for a few seconds.

he let go of the kiss and looked at me. "i love you, princess.." he smiled.

"i love you too, myungsoo.."

everything seems so perfect between you and i. not noticing there were more than 2 pairs of eyes.

a shadow has lead itself away from the scene.

----

{wooohyun's POV}

sunggyu hyung and i decided to take turns on the night shift.

sunggyu hyung must be so tired after the thief thing today, he was sleeping soundly.

i decided to do both shift. i stayed outside of princess's room, guarding her.

but it was akward. there was no sound at all, not a slight noise.

the silence keeps me troubled. i decided to get inside to make sure.

my worst possibility, the princess is gone.

i searched from corners to corners but couldn't find her inside the castle.

my mind becomes all troubled. i couldn't think of anyone but the princess.

i went outside the castle, panting. it has passed midnight..what if.. what if..?

my brain stopped when i heard a small voice from the prison.

there's no way the thief would talk to himself.

i tried to peek... i can't believe what i'm seeing.

princess... And that thief?!

When I tried to approched them, I found out tha he was the same person in her painting.

i stood there, my body is frozen. My eyes were glued to the scene.

seeing them filling in each other's breath, a deep sadness reappeared. my heart ached.