chapter 3: dream

Last Fantasy

'this view.. it's my botanical garden behind my house. the smell of red roses blazed across the garden.

the stars glittered the sapphire sky above me. i sat on the bench that heads towards the view of the small lake. the reflection of moon reflects clearly on the water.

i felt a presence of another person. i realized it's a 'he'. i moved to the edge of the bench in fear "who are you?" i asked him as i turned myself to him.

he didn't reply. he wore a blazing red mask that hides his eyes, his short black hair perfectly fit his tall figure. black tuxedo wrapped his built body.

 he looked at me and smiled. he walked to the bench and sat beside me and opened his mouth "i've longed for you.." he took my hand and kissed it.

my heart is showing a different signal that it used to. i wasn't afraid of him instead i felt differently towards him.

 

before i realized, everything become white

the moment i opened my eyes, everything seems so bright. my mother was standing in front of the window and pulled out the curtains to let the light in

"ugh umma!" i pulled my blanket up to my head. i just had the weirdest dream ever! my heart is still pounding loudly.

"wake up sweetie! it's your birthday!" my mom, the queen greeted me as she pulled the blanket away and gave me a tight hug

"my daughter is growing fast.." she tidied my hair and smiled.

"i've prepared your dress for tonight, for now just have fun and enjoy yourself. miinah is going to come at 4pm to get your hair and make up done for this evening"

she left the room hurriedly with excitement in every move.

i stepped out of the bed slowly. when my toe fingers reached the wooden floor, i shivered. it was so cold.

my eyes shrinked as the light from my window is too much to handle. i felt like a vampire, afraid of the light.

i walked toward the window and pulled in the curtains together. 'there, better' i thought to myself and grinned.

i agree to let myself enjoy some personal time today.

i decided to have a loong lavender bubble bath and maybe do a little painting in the garden or.. having a tea party with sunkyu and hyomin..

everything she mentioned has created a big grin on her face. i decided to have a loongg bubble bath of lavenders.

i plunged myself into the warm water. closing both of my eyes, this is heaven as i call it.

but i can't deny myself thinking about what i dreamt today. who is he?

---

I wondered around the corner of my room.

the leaves are beginning to change colours from its lively green colours, molt and fall into the shades of red and orange.

the wind swept away the leaves on the pavement and bring away my hope.

unknowingly i put on a small grin.

i decided to have a small walk on my garden with a hoping heart that it's still as beautiful as ever.

'yes here it is' i swept the leaves on the corner of the bench and sat. i opened my little prince novel and continued reading. i sighed.

 

`Wait for a time, exactly under the star. Then, if a little man appears who laughs, who has golden hair and who refuses to answer questions, you will know who he is. If this should happen, please comfort me. Send me word that he has come back.`

 

i read through the sentence for a little while and a flash of my dream came alive.

quickly i grabbed my sketchbook and start to paint a part of my memory. the pencil danced around the paper.

the only thing i remember was that gentle smile under the red blazing mask he was wearing. i smiled looking at the potrait.

it was the first time i painted a guy.

"princess _______ what are you doing here? it's almost time for lunch, the queen is waiting in the dining hall" naeun tapped my shoulder.

she took a glance at my painting "who is that?" her eyes widened. 'a guy. could it be...' she gulped in her curiousity.

i almost jumped out of the bench as i hide the painting "it was no one" i denied. she gave me an annoying look of acknowledgement.

i grabbed some leaves that are falling from the branches above me. the wind were blowing slowly.

autumn. one of my favourite season of the year.

i hold the painting with both of my hand. hugging it as if it was my most treasured.

i walked along the brown pavement. not knowing just how many smiles i've drew in my face.

 ----

 after eating lunch, naeun walked me around the hall.

"princess ________, seems like you're so happy today. you've been grinning all day long" na eun poked me

"ne, it's my birthday right?" i jokingly replied. actually i didn't really care if today was my birthday.

i just hope that i could know who he was. that guy with the mask.

"and princess... do you know that today's party plan is mask party?" she cheered as she popped her eyes

"ne?! jinjja?" i coughed as the news hit me. `woah now it's playing like the script`

i ran towards my room and someone already waited for me inside.

"miinah!" i ran and hugged her. "princess, what's with the sudded hug?" she giggled

naeun can't help but laughing.

"let's do the hair first,eo? then you change your clothes" minnah opened her equipments. i nodded along

 ---

"there you go" she brought me to a long mirror on the changing room.

my hair was curled naturally and braided on the top. she slowly slip in the glimmering blue butterfly pin on my hair.

i looked at my reflection and smiled "you did a great job miinah!" i gave her a thumb up.

she chukled and left silently as i tried on my dress. a strapless purple dress, hanging around my knee with sequins around my waist.

it was perfect.

i slipped in the mask around my eyes. dark purple with glitters all over.

my mom assist me towards the ballroom where the party is held. i shivered as i walked down the stairs.

The whole crowd were staring at me.

the room was crowded with applauses and scarilly, men. i started to sweat, it seems like i still have my phobia symptoms coming.

my mother held my hand real tight as she whispered `things are going to be okay dear` over and over again.

well... i hope it will.. cause i'm about to faint.

my sight were blurry. my body is shaking all over. "umma.. " i whispered slowly.

"a little bit my dear" my mom poked my back to help me calm my mind.

then i tried to focus my sight around the room. suddenly i stopped. my eyes widened in disbelief.

There he is. Standing there wearing the exact same blazing red mask i saw in my dream.

my heart raced.

yes, I found him...