New Home

The Shining Knight and The Dark Rider

    " Where can I find oppa now? " I mumbled under my breath in irritation. Our parents died when we were both still young, since then, I lived with my aunt while oppa went with uncle. Not long after that, aunt imigrated overseas and brought me with her, since then, I haven't seen oppa. Now that aunt's buisness failed, she said she had no more ability to feed me, so, I was sent here to look for my oppa.

    Now that I'm here in Korea, I realised that I don't know where to look for oppa. I only had a necklace in my pocket, aunt said before appa and umma died, they gave oppa and I each a similar necklace.

    I strolled out of the airport and look around in curiousity. I wander around the place and soon the sky turned dark. I stood infront of a fast food restuarant as I stared inside hungrily. Haiz, I don't even have money to buy myself something to eat. What should I do? I haven't eaten since breakfast and I am so hungry...

    I sighed as I walked away " I should find some place to sleep first and then find a job tomorrow morning to earn some money. " I strolled into a park and found a bench. Hmm, can I sleep here? Would anything happen to me? Would it be safe? But no matter what, I still need a place to sleep. I look around the park one more time and I guess there's no other place for me to spent the night...

    I lied down on the bench and made myself 'comfortable' , it's a hard bench, how comfortable can it get? But I was so tired that I soon fell into a deep sleep...

.................................................

    The next morning, I slowly open my eyes and found something soft and warm around me. It was a black jacket. " You awake? " I heard a voice ask. I jumped and quickly sat up on the bench. Who is he? I quickly lowered my head in fright.

    I didn't dared to look at the person standing in front of me at first, but I was really curious, so I raised my head a little to have small look at him. I saw a pair of black leather shoe which increased my curiosity. I slowly raised my head higher and higher. He was wearing dark skinny jean, hmm, why is everything black?  For his top, it's a white T-shirt with a cute bunny on it. The bunny even have a pink ribbon on it's head.

    Huh? What kind of combination is this? He looked so cool with the black shoes, pants and jacket, but a bunny shirt? It's like totally opposite. Hmm, I wonder what kind of person he is... I lift my head up to take a look at his face but he was wearing a helmet so I couldn't see his face. 

    I nodded my head and smiled at him, he then stretched his hand out to me. Aww, so sweet, he's trying to help me up, but... should I let him hold my hand on the first day we meet? I stare at him for a few seconds and look from his hand to his helmet to his hand again. He jerked his hand slightly, " Quickly. " I slowly moved my hand towards his but just before our hands touch, he slightly moved his hand to the side, avoiding my hand. I was confused. He then continued with a sense of irritation in his voice " My jacket. "

    " Oh! " I then quickly pass him his jacket as I gave him a awkward smile. He snatched over the jacket and wore it, covering the cute bunny shirt. Mmm, I must say he looked much cooler now.

    He then turn to leave. " Wait! Who are you? " I called out but he didn't stop, neither did he answer my question. I watch him as he walk to a motorbike leaning on a nearby tree and drove off. What a strange person...

    I stood up from the bench and straightened my clothes. I then started wondering around again. I guess I am going to starve until I find a job or oppa... I was strolling around, looking for any poster saying job vaccancies, when I suddenly felt dizzy. Haiz, I guess I'm too hungry... I sat down on the bus stop's bench and decided to rest for a while.

    I watched as the cars zoom pass me. For a while the dizziness went away, but it soon came back again. And it was worst than before. I held onto my head with one hand as I used the other hand to support myself, preventing myself from falling. Just then, someone came up to me and ask concernly " Are you OK? "

    I look up at him, it's a boy around my age. My mind was blank and the only thing that I could say was " I'm hungry... "

    " Mmm... How about I treat you to something? " He smiled friendly. I just stared at him without any response, I'm not sure if I should just go with a random stranger I meet on the street. " Come on, aren't you hungry? " He asked with another smile and pulled me up from the bench.

    We went to a fast food resturant and ordered some food to eat " Eat slowly, no one is going to fight with you... " He said as I globbled down my food. " By the way, my name is Lee TaeMin, what is your name? "

    " Kim JungMi. " I answered with a smile as I finished my burger. " Erm, can I ask you a question? "

    " Mmm, of course! "

    " Do you often... treat girls you meet on the street to food? " I asked curiously.

    " Huh?! " He seemed shocked at the question. " Erm, no, you are actually the first one... But I've treated food to other animals on the street too! Just not humans. " He laughed awkwardly as he lowered his head in embarassement. Looking at how embarassed he was, I couldn't help but to laugh. He then offered to send me home, but I shook my head and said " I... don't have a home... I just came back from overseas. "

    He was deep in thought when suddenly he suggested happily " Why don't you stay at my house instead! "

    " What?! Your house?! " I was shocked.

    " Mmm, why not? " He gave a nod and a smile.

.............................................

    " Ta-Da! Come in, I stay here with my hyung. He should be back soon. " He smiled cheerfully at me. I smiled back as he told me to sit on the sofa. Just then, someone came into the house and he stared at me in shock, " TaeMin ah, who is this? "

    " Hyung! She is very pitiful. She doesn't have a place to stay. Let her stay here, ok? " TaeMin begged his hyung.

    " B-but, TaeMin ah, you know she isn't a cat, or a dog, she is a human! I even let you bring back mouses, but... a girl is too much. " The guy explained in disbelieve.

    " What is the difference? All are living things! "

    " She eat more than dogs and cats! She is a girl! She needs a room! We only have two! People can sue you for kidnapping ! " His hyung exclaimed. Aish, I guess I shouldn't have came at all...

    " Hyung, I know you don't mean it, everytime I bring a pet home you say the same thing but in the end you will still agree, I promise this is the last time already, please, can she stay? "

    " You say the same thing everytime! "

    " Pleaseeee, she is so pitiful... " TaeMin said as he show his puppy eyes.

    " Fine... No next time, understand? " He finally gave in to his younger brother.

    " Yay! I knew hyung is soft hearted. Thank you! " He thanked his hyung as he jumped around in joy. " I'll sleep with you so she can use my room. " He then turn to me and said " JungMi ah, this is my hyung, you can call him Onew oppa, he is very kind hearted and he also dotes on me very much. Come on, let me show you my room. "

    " Thanks Onew oppa! " I thanked him with a huge smile. TaeMin then led me into his room and it was full of cages for mouses and hamsters. There are also dogs and cats sleeping all around the room. I gulped. Is this a zoo? And I need to stay in this room?! I guess I shouldn't complain, it's their house anyway, they are kind enough to give me a place to stay...

    " Erm, all these are your pets? " I asked.

     " Yup, aren't they cute? " TaeMin smiled happily but suddenly, his expression changed before he continued, " But sadly they will all be leaving tonight... The neighbours complained about them and the police will be here to take them away later. " 

    I was thinking of how to comfort him when Onew oppa asked " How long will you be staying? "

    " Erm, I will move out as soon as I find my brother. " I replied. He nodded and continued, " You two can go and take your shower first, we will have our dinner later. " TaeMin and I then took turns to take our shower while Onew oppa cook our dinner.

    I tried to help but they wouldn't let me. After that, we sat down together at the table to have our dinner, " Hyung! Steam chicken again? " TaeMin whined.

    " What again? We have fried chicken yesterday, not steam. "

    " The day before yesterday- " TaeMin's sentence was cut short by Onew oppa, " The day before yesterday we had curry chicken. " TaeMin sighed and asked himself " What's the difference? All are chickens... "

    " The way of cooking is different! Now eat! " He then turn to me, " You must be hungry, eat as much as you can. " We tucked in and I eat lots while I tell them about my aunt and oppa. " I will go to TaeMin's school and enroll you tomorrow, you need to study while looking for your brother. " Onew oppa smiled.

    I couldn't thank them enough for helping me like this, TaeMin is right, Onew oppa sure is very kind hearted.