A furious Alpha

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

Warning for language and swearing in this chapter.


Jungkook is furious, to say the least. Even though he’s fully mated to Jin and has no scent to warn people he’s angry, they take one look at his expression and rush to get out of his way as Jungkook stomps down the hallway to the Extraction offices located at the council’s main building.

“What the do you all think you are doing?!” Jungkook rarely lets his Alpha take control, but the anger over the whole situation leaves him practically shaking with rage. He hasn’t felt like this since he met Jin, and for once it feels good to let loose his wolf’s emotions.

The group of people who run the Extraction office, a mix of Alpha, Beta, and Omega all gape at him, some of the Beta’s and Omegas whimpering in fear at the sight of Jungkook.

Jungkook and Jin are famous in the council more for the fact they don’t tend to follow their stereotypical roles that biology plays, well except for Jin being pregnant, than the fact they’d mated younger than most in their society.

To see Jungkook actually letting his Alpha nature go is a sight to behold, though a couple of Beta’s are scrambling to get their department head out to deal with the enraged Alpha.

Jungkook’s eyes keep flashing between their natural coffee color and his wolf’s golden color, tinged with hints of red as the Alpha lets his wolf side out more and more the longer he’s made to wait, his hands clenched into fists and shaking from the effort it’s taking to contain his rage.

Less than a minute after he entered the office, the department Alpha comes out of his office, eyebrows drawn tight as he stares at Jungkook, pursing his lips. “What has you in a fuss, young Alpha?” He asks, keeping his tone casual, though he neglects to hide the boredom from his tone.

Jungkook’s eyes flash bright red for a moment before he takes a breath. “You sick bastard!” He snarls. “Your inability to see the actions of an unmated Beta trying to make advances on a mated Beta is causing a pregnant Omega to get sick!”

The department Alpha raises an eyebrow, seemingly indifferent even as gasps arise from some of the spectators surrounding them. “Oh, and who would that be? I don’t remember having an unmated Beta in my ranks.” He says.

Jungkook knows that if he could scent the man, he would fully let his wolf out at the blatant lies the man is saying. “You know damn good and well who I am talking about!” He growls, his eyes bleeding red into the irises.

“No I don’t. Better question, who is the mated Beta with the pregnant Omega?” The man asks, raising the other eyebrow, the hints of a smirk on his face.

“That would be Jung Hoseok, sir.” A female Beta tells him. “He’s made numerous complaints about his new scouting partner trying to make unwanted advances on him when he’s mated to an Omega named Park Jimin.”

The Alpha frowns. “He’s not mated to an Omega.” He grunts, glaring at the Beta, who squeaks in fear. “He’s mated to the Beta he’s scouting with. Like I said, I don’t have any unmated Beta’s in my department.”

Jungkook growls lowly, his fists clenching and unclenching as he stares down the Alpha, his wolf clamoring to get out so he can rip the man to shreds, the red becoming more prominent in his eyes. A murmur from his left assures Jungkook that someone is calling one of the upper management Alpha’s, probably to both pacify Jungkook, and figure out the situation at hand.

“That’s a ing lie!” Jungkook growls as he takes a step towards the counter that separates him from the Alpha.

“Stand down, Jeon Jungkook.” A familiar voice washes over him, and he relaxes a bit. “What is going on that has you so riled up?”

Jungkook turns, and sees one of the Judges who’d helped work on Jimin’s case smiling at him, unaffected by the anger that Jungkook is sure is radiating off his body in waves.

Jungkook turns, glaring at the department Alpha. “He denies the fact that Jung Hoseok has been making official complaints about his new partner on excursions making unwanted advances on him.” He takes a breath, tamping down a bit on the anger that flares when the Alpha’s eyes narrow. “Hoseok is not mated to her, he’s mated to Omega Park Jimin, who is currently 5 months pregnant and is lying sick at home because she’s attempting to mark Hoseok!”

The Judge’s eyes narrow, and the steely glance is enough to make Jungkook shiver a little in fear as the Judge looks around the office and settles his glance onto the department Alpha, whose eyes are starting to bleed a bit of gold into them to try and assert himself against the Judge.

Most of the judges in the council are Alphas, with a couple of Betas and Omegas to ensure that the rulings are fair for all the ranks, and it’s only right that the Judge called down to handle the commotion is not only an Alpha, but the Head Judge.

“I want Jung Hoseok and Park Jimin’s files in my hand.” He says to the Beta who’s standing next to him. “What is the name of the Beta that is currently partnered with Hoseok?” He asks to the rest of the office, not bothering to acknowledge the department Alpha, even though his eyes stay trained on the man.

“Son Seung Wan code name Wendy.” An Omega offers, handing over a couple of files to the Beta.

“Jimin was that Omega case you ruled on a few years back with the Alpha who was marking potential mates from birth.” The Beta at the Judge’s side murmurs. “He and Hoseok had their bonding ceremony 5 months ago.”

The Judge flips through the files handed to him, giving back the one that Jungkook can see has Hoseok’s name on it and watches in fascination, his anger tampered down to a simmer as the Judge’s head snaps up from the file, his face taking on a steely look to it as he stares down the department Alpha.

“This Son Seung Wan happens to be your niece.” He says, his voice smooth and cool. “It also says here, she’s been mated to Hoseok for 3 years, however, in both Hoseok’s file, and Jimin’s council profile, it shows Hoseok is mated to Jimin.” His tone darkens and Jungkook represses the urge to shudder and shrink away from the Head Judge. “Care to explain why this document is false?”

“That’s a lie!” The department Alpha loses his cool, eyes flashing as he shouts. “She’s mated to Hoseok, not that ty omega !”

The office workers gasp, and suddenly Jungkook has to press himself against the counter, protecting the female Beta as the Head Judge meets the snarling wolf that was the department Alpha. “Call security!” Jungkook tells her. “Tell them that we have a feral Alpha on our hands!”

The Beta nods, escaping out the door to make the call as the Omegas in the office cower away from their boss, some of them wailing in fear as the office Alphas and Betas try to shield them from the sight of their department head trying to take on the Head Judge.

Jungkook takes a moment, now that his anger has been justified by the Judge’s reaction to the case, signaling an Alpha who looks out of place amongst the staff. “Send a dispatch with a med team to wherever that sent them on their mission.” He tells the Alpha.

The Alpha immediately turns, running off behind some of the desks into the doorway at the end of the room and comes back out a few minutes later, and hands over a set of papers to Jungkook.

“They haven’t left yet, Alpha.” The other male says apologetically. “They’re down in the Extraction dorms getting ready.”

Jungkook growls, glancing back to see the Judge has manhandled the feral Alpha into a submission form. They lock eyes for a moment, and then the Judge nods.

Jungkook doesn’t even bother closing the door as he dashes out of the room, the paper that states where Hoseok and this stupid Beta girl fluttering in his hand as he dashes down the hallway.

“2 of you, with me!” Jungkook shouts as he spots the security that the Judge’s Beta secretary had summoned. “The rest down to the office. The Judge has him in the submissive form but I’m not sure how long it will hold.”

2 of the wolves split off from the others, following Jungkook as he runs through the hallways, worry growing that he might be too late to save Hoseok.

**

Jin ends up calling Namjoon and asking if he or Yoongi could come help him get Jimin to the hospital. The smaller Omega has started to hyperventilate, and Jin worries that whatever is happening to Hoseok will cause Jimin to miscarry their pup.

He’s only seen it once before, where a mate’s bonding mark was overridden by another who was higher in rank, causing a miscarriage for the Omega mate who’d been near her due date. However that had been an overzealous, dictator like Alpha who’d taken the Omega and marked over her Beta mate’s mark, claiming some bull excuse of Alpha’s rights.

It’s a practice that only savages and rogues admit to keeping alive if only for procreation reasons. The council had declared such a practice to be punishable by death, though there was nothing they could do for the former mates to regain their bonds back.

Scientists had tried to experiment with chemicals and herbs and other drugs to help, but ultimately the end result was that the former mates would stay together, even without the bond, though they couldn’t have children.

It’s something that puzzles the medical community, and the council to this day is still trying to find ways to help the few wolves out there who suffer from their bonds being ripped away by another.

Jin’s sitting in the hospital room a half hour later, watching Jimin as the Omega is still unconscious, though no longer hyperventilating.

They were lucky to get him in when they did, as the baby had been in such distress from Jimin’s pain that it had nearly triggered him into premature labor. The doctors had recognized the Omega’s symptoms immediately and administered a sedative that was safe for him and the baby.

It was one of the few good things that had come from the council’s discovery of the illegal practice.

Now Jin only worried about Hoseok and his own mate. He wasn’t scared of anyone trying to override his mark on Jungkook, as he had a sinking feeling that Hoseok had been specifically targeted, but right now he had to focus on making sure Jimin comes out of this ordeal unscathed and still carrying his pup.

The door slides open and Namjoon’s lanky form hovers in the doorway. “They got to Hoseok just in time.” He tells the older Omega, relief in his voice.

“Oh, thank god.” Jin slumps in his seat, a specially padded chair for pregnant wolves.

“They’re going to look over Hoseok there before bringing him here to be with Jimin.” Namjoon tells him.

Jin nods in the dimmed light in the room. “Have you told the doctors to expect Jimin’s mate soon?” He asks.

“Yeah, they’re gonna move him to a bigger room with a double bed designed for mates.” Namjoon replies.

They barely get Jimin settled into his new room when Jungkook leads in a very pale looking Hoseok. Jin doesn’t say much about the fact Hoseok is practically hanging onto Jungkook, and the Alpha shakes his head at Jin when he goes to help move Hoseok onto the bed.

“Mate.” Hoseok croaks out, tears already falling down his cheeks as he half stumbles, half walks to the bed, crawling onto it and whimpering as his feet get stuck on the bottom half of the side rail. Jungkook comes over, cooing softly as he pulls Hoseok’s feet free, allowing the Beta to curl up against his mate, nuzzling into the crook of Jimin’s neck as he sobs.

The Alpha and Omega pair back from the room slowly and silently, waiting outside the door until Hoseok calls for them, Jin pressed into the Alpha’s arms tight enough that he had to take shallow breaths as Jungkook buries his nose into Jin’s neck. Neither of them say a word as the Alpha breathes in his mate’s scent, a few droplets of warmth landing on Jin’s collarbones and sliding down under his shirt.

They don’t move until they hear Hoseok saying it’s ok for them to come back in. “They have him sedated don’t they?” Hoseok looks much better, even with the tear tracks down his face and sniffling every so often.

Jin hands the Beta a few tissues to wipe his face. “They had to. The baby was in such distress that they were afraid Jimin would go into premature labor.”

Hoseok shudders, his hands clenching. “I want to kill that so bad.” He growls.

Jin looks at Jungkook, silently asking if it’s ok he asks Hoseok what happened. The Alpha looks at Hoseok, sighs and nods once to his mate, settling into one of the chairs by the foot of the bed.

“What happened?” Jin asks, taking the chair that the nurse aids had brought from the other room for him. “You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.”

Hoseok shakes his head. “Best I get it out now before I get too emotional or pass out again.” He says, fingers shredding one of the unused tissues into strips.

He takes a deep breath, letting out slowly. “You guys already know about my complaints to the department about Wendy.” He says. “But it’s much deeper than that.”


A/N: Nearly done with finals! Just have one more on Wed, and I'm FREEEE for like a month. Also I did a thing and made a Tumblr. You can ask questions and make requests.

Also yeah I make angry Jungkook more angry than he was in the RUN MV which I watched like a zillion times.....angry Jungkook is kinda y.....

Also sorry to any Red Velvet fans out there. I couldn't think of an idol that Hoseok would theoretically find annoying so I chose one at random. If you think there is a better female idol that he'd find annoying, tell me in the comments!

Back I go to studying...my final on Wed is my sign language final and I have to sign 32 sentences in ASL in less than 10 minutes.....

Don't forget to comment and tell me what you think!