Surprises, heats and more...

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

3 months later

Jimin’s working in the pack nursery with Jin when the first wave of his heat unexpectedly hits him, causing the Omega to groan.

“What’s wrong, uncle?” A petite girl with pigtails asks, tugging on Jimin’s shirt as his knees buckle and he drops to the floor.

“Uncle doesn’t feel good.” Jimin says, burying his head into his hands. He hasn’t had a heat since that one in their old territory, the one that told him his bond with Hoseok was still there. “Can you go get Uncle Jin for me?”

The girl nods, running off towards the baby room of the nursery where Jin is working with another member of the pack they’re staying with.

Jin comes back as Jimin bits back a moan when he shifts his legs. “Jimin! Are you ok? Little Dasom said you fell down and don’t feel well.”

“My heat.” Jimin whimpers, leaning into Jin’s hand as the older Omega’s touches his forehead. “I’m in heat.”

Jin’s eyes widen, and he lets out a breath. “Ok. So I’ll go tell Hongbin to let Hoseok know to meet you at the house and then I’ll tell Bora I’m taking you home.”

Bora is the other Omega assigned to the nursery and Hongbin is the Beta who oversees the Beta training camp they’ve set up with some of the other Packs in the area who have heard what had happened in the city.

Jimin can only nod in reply, as Jin runs over to the walkie talkie that the pack uses to communicate to the training groups, changing it to the appropriate channel and speaking quickly into it. Something about this heat is different than his past ones, and he thinks maybe it’s because it’s not been a full 6 months since his last heat, or the fact that he didn’t have any warning signs again.

Cool hands on his forehead, and Jimin can hear Jin telling Bora that Jimin’s heats have been irregular since the incident in the city. They haven’t told the rest of the pack details about what happened, only that Jimin and Hoseok had nearly had their bond torn apart by a selfish Alpha, and Jimin had miscarried as a result. Most of the pack thought the Alpha had tried to take Jimin away from Hoseok, and none of them bothered to correct the misconception.

Jimin can feel the wetness seeping through his boxers, and he whimpers as another wave of arousal hits him hard enough that he breaks into a sweat.

“Come on Jimin.” Jin’s wrapping a cool hand around his arm, and Bora even helps Jin haul Jimin to his feet. He leans heavily onto Jin as the older Omega starts to lead him out of the nursery.

The walk home isn’t horrible, and the cool breeze seems to wake Jimin up from his heat a little so he can walk more on his own than relying on Jin.

He can smell the scent of his mate well before they hit the porch of the house, and Jimin nearly keens in delight at how strong his mates scent is. Going rogue was probably one of the best decisions they’d ever made, as Hoseok has bounced back much faster than expected and is nearly fully recovered from the withdrawal effects of the drug. The Beta has been enjoying being able to shift to his wolf form ever since they’d arrived at their new home.

Jin’s barely got him in the door before Hoseok is there, leading Jimin to the basement room, calling out a thanks to Jin for bringing Jimin home.

Jimin’s heat is relentless, and it takes nearly 2 weeks for it to break, probably the longest anyone remembers an Omega’s heat lasting.

When the mates emerge from the heat room, Taegi toddles up to Jimin, touching his flat stomach. “Mine.” He says, causing everyone to stop in their tracks.

“Taegi, what do you mean?” Taehyung asks his son, looking flustered.

“Baby inside.” Taegi had been starting to talk when they’d left the territory, and the 3 months around several other pups his age had helped foster his want to communicate like his dada, papa and appa do. “Baby mine.”

Jimin shakes his head. “Taegi, Uncle doesn’t have a baby inside.” He doesn’t feel any different other than being sore and tired.

Taegi shrugs, and toddles off back towards Taehyung, whose watching his son with a thoughtful look on his face.

The pup starts a ritual every morning that he sees Jimin, reaching up to pat against Jimin’s flat stomach, repeating his words and then toddling away as if nothing out of the ordinary just happened.

**

“Congratulations!” The doctor in the healer’s clinic smiles as she steps back from the table.

Jimin bursts into tears as the doctor tells him and Hoseok that the achy feeling he’s been having since his heat is a positive sign of pregnancy.

Hoseok has tears in his eyes as he listens to her explaining that Jimin needs special care, and that she wants to see him in the clinic every other week because of his previous miscarriage.

He’s only a month and a half along, but after his tears subside, and Jimin thanks the doctor, they head to the house. Taegi is certainly a special pup, and Hoseok swears that the next market day they have, he’ll buy the pup the best piece of meat.

They manage to keep the news to themselves until dinner time, when Jimin slides a piece of chocolate to the pup from his own secret stash. “Taegi, uncle wants to apologize.” He says as the pup looks from the sweet up to Jimin’s face. “You were right when you said there was a baby inside Uncle.”

Taegi grins, but looks over at Taehyung. “Appa, I have?”

Taehyung nods, his mouth hanging open. Yoongi’s face is full of shock, and Namjoon’s has a hint of sadness in it. “Oh my god. He has more than one special ability.” Yoongi whispers as they watch the pup devour the small square treat.

“Taegi, you can not tell anyone about this, ok?” Namjoon says. “Bad people will try to take you away from appa, papa and dada.”

“Like brother?” Taegi asks, blinking innocently up at Namjoon.

Taehyung makes a suspicious noise, but everyone refrains from looking at the Omega, who is still upset about the kidnapping nearly 5 months ago. Namjoon squeezes Taehyung’s hand under the table, feeling Yoongi doing the same on the other side. “Sort of.” Namjoon refuses to lie to Taegi.

The answer seems to satisfy the pup’s curiosity for the moment, but they all know that he’ll ask questions again.

They don’t even celebrate when Taegi’s 2nd birthday comes, though Taehyung goes into heat a week afterwards. It only takes a few days for his heat cycle to break, and Jin wonders if the loss of Taejoon is depressing the Omega more than he lets on, as Taehyung confirms a few weeks later that he isn’t pregnant.

Jimin’s 5 months along when Ravi comes by to congratulate him and Hoseok on the pregnancy and tells them all that he’s gotten some news from the spies he’s sent up north to the council.

 “I’ve sent my cousin Sanghyuk up north with some of the other pack members who wanted to become council members.” Ravi tells them. “He goes by Hyuk up there, and sent me a message this morning.”

“What about?” They’ve heard nothing from the city, and it seems the council’s acting like everything is normal on the outside.

“Hyuk says that about 3 months ago, a small pup came into the main compound, supposedly as the child of the Alpha who took over the city right before you guys left.” Ravi says. “He was concerned because he recognized Namjoon’s features in the pup and found out through subtle questioning that it’s Taejoon.”

Namjoon’s eyes widen as his hands clench into fists. “Is he ok?”

Ravi holds up a hand. “That’s not the most important part.” He says. “Remember that highly volatile alpha who tried to claim Taehyung when we were in high school?”

Yoongi snorts. “Of course not. Who could forget that crazy er.”

“Kai announced himself as the new Alpha of the city.” Ravi says somberly.  

“And he’s passing off my son as his own?!?” Taehyung shouts, anger boiling to the surface suddenly. “Is he mental or something?”

Ravi holds up a hand for Taehyung to calm down. The Omega does so, but only after Namjoon and Yoongi both coax him down with promises of giving Kai hell when they are ready to go after him. “Kai issued a notice saying that you, Taehyung, are actually his mated Omega, and that the rest of you, especially Namjoon and Yoongi, have kidnapped Taehyung and his other son and fled with him to Busan.”

“.” Jimin swears. “They went after my parents, didn’t they?”

Ravi nods. “They also took Yoongi’s parents in for questioning. Hyuk was one of the Betas sent out to collect Jimin’s parents, and well, some of the rogue pack’s wolves are loose with their tongues.”

Yoongi snorts. “They ain’t gonna get nothing from my parents. We haven’t spoken since I was kicked out from my parent pack.”

Ravi’s eyes widen, but he takes the news in stride. “The good news is, most of the council who aren’t being corrupted by the rogue pack and the new city Alpha, are suspicious, and a good many of them also told Hyuk that they recognize Taejoon from the pictures in Namjoon’s file.” He leans forward. “They also spoke of concerns about the new experiments going on in the medical clinic.”

“New experiments?” Jin asks, his voice filled with concern.

“Hyuk said in his message that the doctors were told by some higher ups that they had a new drug that they could use on some of the criminals they were holding. Unfortunately he couldn’t find out what exactly they are doing, but suggested I send up someone from the medical clinic.” Ravi tells them.

“They’re testing the drug that used on me and probably the one that made her into an Alpha.” Hoseok theorized. “That’s why she never got executed after she tried to claim me. Kai, the sly bastard wolf, knows that they’ll need someone to be the lead example of how well their other drug works in order to get the city’s populace to let them inject it into their children. He’s gonna use the unspoken ideal that most parents want their pups to mature into Alphas as leverage to get himself his own Alpha army.”

“Then we need to smuggle Taejoon out of there quickly before they do anything to him.” Ravi says, eyes flashing a gold/red mixture for a moment as the pack Alpha struggles to internalize his anger.

“There is something else you should know Wonsik.” Namjoon says, looking over at his mates. “The twins….they….they’re different than the rest of us.”

“Well, yeah, they have you for a dad for one.” Ravi jokes. He knows Namjoon only uses real names when he’s serious about something, a trait they’d discovered back in their last year of high school after Namjoon had mated with Yoongi and Taehyung. The laughter dies down and Ravi fixes his gaze on Namjoon. “What is different about them?” He asks, his voice calm.

“Taegi was attacked by one of the rogues who took Taejoon that night.” Namjoon says, his voice quivering slightly at the memory. “He’d had his chest ripped open like it was rice paper and if it hadn’t been for Jin, the pup wouldn’t be alive.”

“He…his healing ability is much faster than ours.” Yoongi says when it’s clear that Namjoon’s not going to be able to finish, being reminded too much of that day. “Taegi was nearly fully healed the next morning.”

They’d decided earlier after Jimin’s checkup at the medical clinic, to tell Ravi the truth about Taegi, though only about the healing, not about the fact the pup could sense that Jimin had been pregnant well before it had been confirmed.

Ravi exhales. “Well . I can tell Hyuk to extract Taejoon. My bet is, he’s going to try to use the pup as leverage to get Taehyung away from you two.”

“That’s going to be hard to do.” Taehyung’s voice is hard, angry and no one can blame him. “I’ve been marked on both scent glands, as are Yoongi hyung and Namjoon hyung. From what we know of the drug they used on Hoseok, and the other cases at the council before we left, I would need one scent gland to be unmarked for him to try to claim me.”

The others nod as Jin clears his throat. “It’s true. Once both scent glands are gone, there is no way for that wolf to be claimed by another, even in the event that one of the wolves who did the marking dies. The…” He stops, swallowing hard. “The council doctors experimented on the first few cases that came in, and they couldn’t find a way for a new claiming to happen.”

“What if this drug does something like that though?” Jimin asks.

“That drug does something weird to the body.” Hoseok adds. “I wouldn’t put it past this rogue pack to be using those held at the council to perfect the drug in order for this Kai to get Tae and actually claim him.”

Ravi exhales loudly. “I’m going to send Lee Jaehwan from the medical clinic up there, he volunteered himself to go as medical student, and his code name is Ken. If we make sure he looks ordinary as can be, he and Hyuk might be able to extract both the pup from the council, and maybe get some information about the drugs and the experiments they are doing.”

Namjoon nods. “That probably would be the best. I’m sorry we can’t help more.”

Ravi looks at Namjoon. “No, you all have helped tremendously by being here, giving us insight to the damage this rogue pack and Kai are doing both to the council, and the city. If things get worse, I’m afraid that we’ll be leading into another war.” He stands. “I need to get things ready to send Jaehwan up north, and send a message to Hyuk about the next step, so I will take my leave.”

They all stand, bowing to Ravi as the head Alpha makes his way to the door. The news of Taejoon potentially being in harms way, even though he’s only a 2 year old pup, scares all of them. Hoseok is still having issues related to the drug withdrawal, even though his mate bond with Jimin is still intact, the Omega’s baby bump proof that they’d been extremely lucky. What would happen if Taejoon was injected with the other drug before he’d matured? Did he have the advanced healing abilities that Taegi did, and would that affect how the drug affected his wolf? 


A/N: I'm back from Japan :D We had a great time on our trip, with the only hiccup in traveling being our last day when the driver of the car we'd hired was at the wrong hotel (the person who booked it had put the wrong address down). We got to go inside Matsumoto Castle, something I didn't know we could do until we got there, and we had amazing sushi, and visited both Zao Fox Village and one of the bigger cat islands off the eastern coast of Japan. We did go to Akihabara in Tokyo, but were left unsatisfied and disappointed. It's mostly food and electronic shops, and unless you have a guide who knows the area well, you don't get to see the more cosplay/anime/manga related shops. I had been hoping to buy a new cosplay while we were there, but no such luck. HOWEVER I did luck out and got a One Piece fanny pack that I used the rest of the trip. I also got most of the albums I wanted too from Tower Records in Tokyo Station (if you ever go there, check out the food market, it has some amazing food including Korean!). I grabbed their only copy of Young Forever (Suga was the photocard, I'm super happy!), and I got BTS's Japanese single For You as it's one of my faves along with my favorite jpop group Generations. The only thing other thing I wanted to get was Super Junior's Blue World single, but they didn't have a single SuJu album, nor Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, or Yesung's recent releases but I suppose Kyu's was sold out b/c of his concert :( 

My sleep cycle is all screwy because of the 14 hour time difference, so that's why this chapter is up so early in the am (it's nearly 6:30am now where I live, I've been up since 8pm last night). And as some of you dear readers have guessed, Kai is indeed our antagonist. 

I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!