The calm before the storm (pt 1)

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

The call from Jungkook comes during a break in Jimin’s heat cycle, and the Omega is glad Yoongi has stayed over to care for them, though he spots a few marks on the Beta’s neck.

“Namjoon figured out where Jungkook keeps the extra lube huh?” Jimin teases tiredly as Yoongi helps him into the bath.

“Shush you.” Yoongi grumbles softly as he blushes.

Namjoon’s in with Hoseok, cleaning the dirty sheets from their bed and wiping Hoseok down while Jimin’s being pampered by Yoongi.

Before everything, Hoseok would take care of Jimin, they’d have snacks and fresh linens waiting for them by their door from Jin and Jungkook, in which they’d reciprocate the food and fresh linens for when Jin went into heat before they’d both become pregnant.

At first, Jimin had been embarrassed when they’d spent the entire week of his heat cycle at the old share house, but over time it’d become somewhat of a natural thing to ignore the moans and keening of their housemates just as Jimin was sure they ignored him and Hoseok too.

Jimin sighs as he feels his body wanting to slip into slumber and Yoongi pinches him on the neck to wake him up. “Try to fight sleep for the moment.” He advises. “It’ll stave off the heat a little longer, and that means you’ll try to get back to bed without flopping all over the place.”

Jimin giggles a little at that. “I take it Taehyung’s done that before.”

Yoongi laughs. “Considering he’s got me and Namjoon to care for him, yeah.”

The faint ring of Namjoon’s phone catches their ears, and Jimin’s suddenly not having as hard of a time staying awake as he was before, even though he’s still basically got no energy in his body.

They’ve been waiting for the call for a while now, Taehyung coming over to check up on everyone at some point while Yoongi had been passed out on the couch downstairs and Namjoon folding linen for the beds while Yoongi napped.

Namjoon wisely waited until they’d resettled the mates back into bed, both of them clean and mostly dry, though Jimin’s body isn’t hot or sweaty yet, before he smiles “Jungkook says their son was born about an hour ago.” Namjoon announces as Jimin curls up against Hoseok.

His mate looks much better than he’d been that morning, and Jimin swears that Hoseok’s scent has grown a bit stronger after they’d been cleaned. “That’s awesome.” Jimin yawns as he smiles sleepily up at the Alpha. “I can’t wait to meet him.”

Out of all the things that could have happened, Jimin’s miscarriage hasn’t deterred the Omega from cooing over Jin’s baby bump and helping the older Omega out as much as possible before they’d moved.

When asked, Jimin just shrugs and says that when he’d found out Hoseok had been assaulted, and drugged up to the point where he’d nearly been bonded against his will to the overzealous female Alpha, he knew he couldn’t let the sorrow of losing his first child get to him.

Jimin also would remind about his own near miss from an unwanted mark, so he knew on some level what his mate was feeling, and that Jin needed reassurance that Jimin wasn’t going to forsake their brotherly bond as Omegas when the older one is still pregnant.

The pair fall asleep, and Yoongi yawns as he and Namjoon take the dirty laundry down to wash and replenish the snacks and drinks they’ll leave in the room. Yoongi’s volunteered to stay and cat nap in between taking care of the mates while Namjoon goes home to let Taehyung rest from dealing with their children all day by himself.

3 days later, Jimin’s heat breaks, and the pair are sporting deep bite marks over the same spots they’d marked their claims on before, and Namjoon notices that Hoseok is starting to stay awake for longer periods of time.

“The bond’s not as muffled as it was before.” Jimin says, smiling softly as they make breakfast the morning of the 5th day after Jin went into labor. “We’re both worried that Jin and Jungkook haven’t come back yet though.”

Namjoon hums in agreement. “Last I spoke to Jungkook, their pup had a small complication after the birth.”

Yoongi sighs, brushing his hair out of his eyes. He’s not been back to work since the first day of Jimin’s heat, having called in sick for a couple days when his phone goes off, and he excuses himself to take it.

“Namjoon.” Yoongi comes back a few moments later, his face ashen. “Something’s happened.”