A little pain and suffering

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

“You bite him, and you are dead.” The growl of his best friend has Hoseok hiccupping in relief as Wendy leans back, snarling in rage.

“I am going to kill you!” She rips herself off of Hoseok’s body, flying towards Jungkook, and Hoseok has to chuckle weakly.

The doesn’t even know how strong Jungkook is.

There’s a reason why Jungkook matured earlier than what their society claimed was normal, he’d been defending a sweet Omega named Kim Seokjin from a group of Alphas and Betas who’d sniffed out the Omega. The Omega who’d matured at the age of 15 instead of 16, who’d been out and about that fateful day, not realizing that since he’d matured a year early, his first heat would come early too.

He’d been caught by the group while going back home from the grocery store, and it was Jungkook, just starting his own growth spurt, face full of pimples and still chubby from his baby fat who’d jumped in front of Jin, growling at the grown werewolves, all while protecting Jin from their noses.

Hoseok, for all that he remembers hearing of the encounter, knows that Jungkook rarely lets his Alpha wolf gain control, unless he’s justifiably angry.

Anger, it seems, fueled Jungkook’s wolf to sudden maturity, and he’d gained so much power and authority in a few moments of uncertainty against the group, who promptly fled when they felt the wrath of the squeaky 11 year old boy change from that of a wolf in slumber, to golden eyes, and an Alpha aura that shook each one of the grown men to their cores.

The sounds of snarling, growling wolves die down as the scent of blood increases, and suddenly, Hoseok finds himself covered with a soft blanket, his hands and feet untied and someone bringing a cup of warm water to his lips.

Hoseok felt no shame in crying as he’s shielded from the snarling bloody image of Wendy being held down by Jungkook, whose eyes are flashing between a bright red of anger, and a brilliant golden color, and promptly passes out when he realizes that he’s safe.

**

Jungkook watches over the mates as Jimin slowly comes out of sedation, Hoseok sleeping next to him, though he can tell the Beta is probably going to have nightmares for a while.

Jin comes in, settling down in the other bed the nurses had brought in, snuggling up to his mate and sighing as he watches Hoseok twitch.

“They’re gonna put him on leave early.” Jungkook whispers to Jin when they settle back after Hoseok’s limbs relax.

“What about?” Jin asks.

“Internal investigation.” Jungkook replies. “I’ve got a bad feeling that this wasn’t an isolated ‘accident’ that happened.”

They settle down when they hear someone opening the door, though Jungkook turns to watch with hooded eyes as one of the night nurses comes in, smiling apologetically towards them. “Just checking his vitals, nothing more.” She says, showing Jungkook that the only things in her hands are a piece of paper and a pen.

Things at the beginning of the night had been good once Hoseok had gone to sleep after recounting what had happened to him, until a nurse walked in to give Jimin a new IV bag of saline and had nearly gotten bit by Jungkook, whose wolf was still in protect mode from earlier.

By now, all the nurses and doctors assigned to Jimin were told to show they meant no harm when they came in, so as not to provoke Jungkook’s wolf, who’s finally, finally starting to settle down back to his normal non-angry self.

They get the call in the morning that Jungkook is being put on leave early as well, and everyone is given a full year off instead of only the 5 months.

Hoseok has woken several times in the night, and Jungkook barely has the strength or energy to coax him back to sleep, reminding him that Jimin is right next to him on the last time he’s woken up.

Jimin wakes up sometime mid-morning, groggy, disoriented and more than confused as to why Hoseok is clinging to him, sobbing apologies into his chest as he hugs his mate close.

The scent of blood hits them before they know what’s happening, and Jimin’s in pain, Hoseok is panicking and Jungkook has to rely on Jin’s strength to keep things orderly as the doctors and nurses order everyone out, and Hoseok drops to the floor outside Jimin’s room.

“It’s my fault.” He sobs, rocking back and forth, arms folded across his chest as he hugs himself.

“No, god no, Hoseok.” Jin tries to sooth the Beta, but the younger werewolf isn’t listening, crying as they hear Jimin scream in pain.

Hoseok blacks out again for the second time in his life.