The Pack back together

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

*5 years later*

Jinkook is sniffing around outside the larger Pack house that the Pack has moved into when he smells a scent he barely remembers knowing as he rounds around the backside of the porch.

They’d moved just across the way from the old Pack house after Jimin and Hoseok announced to them that the slim Omega was pregnant again, something Jinkook remembers the adults being happy about. Taegi and Taejoon were indifferent to the news, but little 4 year old Hope cried when she had heard she would become a big sister.

Jinkook growls, though in his human form it sounds weak and pathetic, unlike his wolf form, which he’s told his parents he’s gonna be an Alpha just like his dad, even though it’ll be 10 more years until he knows for sure what his status will be.

The 6 year old smells the same smell again as he gets closer to the back door of the house, but he stops short when he hears footsteps that obviously don’t belong to anyone he knows walking away from the house. Knowing the warnings his papa has given him about strange wolves due to the war, the pup turns, silently dashing back towards the window he’d crawled out of, only to yelp as a hand enclosed around his shirt collar and tugged him backwards.

“I told you pup to be careful.” The familiar voice of his papa washes over him, and Jinkook whimpers. “It’s ok though, you get off from being punished because your Uncle Taehyung is finally home.”

Taehyung. He remembers a tall, scarily thin Omega who called Taegi his pup, and his Uncles Yoongi and Namjoon being kissy with the Omega. He also remembers that Taehyung left the day that Taejoon came into their home.

Jin’s explained to him that Taejoon is Taegi’s twin, but he barely remembers the older pup being around. Most of his young mind’s memories are really of only Taegi until Uncle Jimin and Uncle Hoseok brought home Hope, but by that time Taejoon was already back and Jinkook had started to relax fully around him.

Jinkook and Taejoon had hated each other at first, and more often than not, the two were found tussling in the living room for no real reason at all.

Jungkook sighs as he picks up Jinkook and holds him close. “Your dad and I don’t want anything to happen to you pup. You might not understand it now, but you are a true gift to us.”

Jinkook just sighs in response and snuggles up to his papa, happy that he’s getting attention from his overly snuggly parent.

Jungkook brings his son into the house, frowning as he scents Jin in the kitchen, and a cold, sharp and sad scent is seeping from his mate. Setting Jinkook down, he ushers the pup off towards the others in the living room where he can hear Hoseok attempting to scold Jimin for moving around too much.

Jin’s at the counter, chopping something up with vigor when Jungkook slips behind his mate, and wraps his arms around the older Omega, snuggling into his back and sighing as the obvious tenseness in his body loosens with Jungkook’s back hug. “It’s ok. Our Pack is back to being complete.” Jungkook whispers soothingly to his mate.

Jin just sighs and continues to cut whatever he’s going to be using in the food for lunch, letting Jungkook back hug him until he needs to move away from the counter. “Kookie…”

Jungkook feels the sadness more than hears it, and he tightens his hold on his mate. They may have started out young, inexperienced and on the wrong foot when they were first newly mated, but Jungkook knows better than anyone that Jin loves doting on everyone in their little Pack.

He just also happens to know that Jin would love to have another pup, but for all the trying they have been doing, there hasn’t been much luck in that department. Jungkook suspects it has something to do with the fact Taehyung had been held hostage by Kai for 5 years, and even though the younger Omega is back, he was found horribly malnourished in their old Pack house, wearing some of the clothes that they’d left behind when they had fled down south a few days ago. Jungkook knows that Jin will take it upon himself to dote and love on Taehyung nearly as much as Yoongi and Namjoon will be doing.

Jungkook sighs softly against Jin’s neck, and snuggles in, breathing in the subtle scent of his mate’s budding contentment that he’s paying attention to Jin. The chopping of the food slows, and stops, but Jin doesn’t comment as Jungkook continues to snuggle into Jin.

It’s rare that Jin lets Jungkook snuggle for more than a few minutes, but Jungkook can feel without looking or sniffing at Jin’s neck, that the Omega is struggling with his emotions. To Jungkook, Jin has always been easy to read emotionally, even if the older shifter denies it. And Jungkook can tell that the fact Jin hasn’t been pregnant again since Jinkook and the 5 long years with the war and without Taehyung has taken an emotional toll on his mate.

With one last squeeze to Jin’s body, and a soft kiss on the cheek, Jungkook lets his mate finish making dinner while he goes off to contemplate ways that he could pamper Jin. It hits him as he’s stepping into their bedroom that the first dinner they had together when they were fighting, mad or upset with each other over a little misunderstanding was a simple homemade dish that Jungkook’s mom had taught him a few months before they’d met.

It takes a week, but Jungkook’s managed to convince Jimin and Hoseok to take all 4 kids for the evening, even though Jimin’s close to giving birth. Namjoon and Yoongi were already over at their old Pack house with Taehyung, whose still recovering from his near death starvation so that leaves Jungkook to set everything up for Jin, who is taking his turn in the clinic with the doctor for the week.

He sets up one of the smaller tables with flowers and side dishes that he knows Jin loves, making quick work of the tamagoyaki an hour before he’s set up the other items, and checking on the kimchi spaghetti that he’d put into the oven.

It’s not the greatest meal, but Jungkook remembers the first time he’d made it for Jin. It’d been after one of their biggest fights early on in their relationship as a mated pair and Jin had left for his classes angry.

Jungkook had played hooky from his own classes, even though he was already in trouble for mating well before his wolf was supposed to emerge from its slumber. By the time Jin came home later that evening, Jungkook had a spread of the only dishes he knew how to make sitting out for Jin to try. Somehow, it seemed that it was the icing on the cake and Jin broke down that night. They’d had a long heart to heart talk that night, and ever since then, Jin had made it a point to tell Jungkook whenever he’d start to feel depressed about anything.

Jungkook waits patiently, and soon he hears Jin’s familiar footstep pattern coming down the path, and he pulls the foods waiting in the oven out to let them cool before setting them onto the table.

He’s just placing the last dish when Jin walks in, and his mates’ bright sunshine smell radiates as Jin comes into the kitchen and sees Jungkook with food laid out. “What’s all this for?” He asks.

“I know with everything that’s been happening the last 5 years with our Pack and the war, you’ve been slowly curling in on yourself.” Jungkook states. “Tonight I want to pamper you. Cherish you as my life partner, my mate and remind you that no matter what, I will always love you.” He says simply.

Jin comes up to him, tears already streaming down his handsome face, making his eyes redden as Jin folds Jungkook into his arms and kisses him softly before releasing him and settling down to the food, strengthening their bond with one another.


A/N: I originally wanted to have the final chapter up for Jungkook's birthday, but as it turns out, this is NOT the final chapter and today is definitely not Jungkook's birthday :( Did any of you listen to the cover song he posted up for his birthday? His English has improved a lot in the last year. ^_^ 

The next chapter will be the final one. And then I'll be working hard core on the sequel to this, but that first chapter won't be up until a few weeks after the final chapter of this story.

The delay for the chapter was unintentional and unavoidable today, and I apologize for that. I ended up spending most of my day looking for a new vehicle. My car broke down earlier in the week, and we had to tow it to the mechanic. Long story short, a piston broke a valve, and totaled the engine. My car's not worth a lot, and the cost of a new or refurbished engine is just as much as what the car is worth, so a car shopping we went. Happily I found an SUV I like within my price range, and I'll be going to get my new car on Tuesday. 

So this weekend is Labor Day weekend in the States, so I plan on working on the final chapter and trying to get it edited and up next week.

Thank you to those who've subscribed, upvoted and left comments! Let me know what you think in the comments or by subscribing or upvoting!