Taking care of Taehyung

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

Namjoon’s always been an awkward kind of Alpha, not sure what to say or do when it’s something he has no experience in.

It’s even more awkward because Namjoon’s still pretty sore a few weeks after getting out of the hospital and Taehyung clings to the tall Alpha just as much as he does Yoongi, even though they’ve both told the enthusiastic Omega that Namjoon’s ribs are still tender though the bruising is nearly gone.

They’re out on a date, a real one, for the first time since Namjoon agreed to see how things would go dating the two of them at the same time.

Namjoon finds that their date is not much different than all the other times that he has hung out with Taehyung and Yoongi, though the difference is that Taehyung’s freer with his touches to both of them and Yoongi seems relaxed enough to show a little skin ship, holding Namjoon’s hand in his.

However, they actually have some of the council tailing them since they haven’t had a single lead on Kai and his group of friends that had jumped Namjoon.

Jungkook and Jin are in on the ordeal as well, with Jungkook constantly patrolling their neighborhood alongside a new council trainee named Jung Hoseok, a tiny Beta with a loud voice and an infectious laugh. It turns out when Namjoon meets the Beta, that he’s the friend Yoongi had been staying with when he’d moved to the city, the pair of Betas living in a ty 2 room dorm apartment above a laundry shop near the high school, with a land lady who didn’t ask questions when they’d rented the place out a few years back after being kicked out by Hoseok’s parents.

Namjoon’s guardian had talked to Taehyung’s parents, who are initially against their Omega son mating before Taehyung graduates high school, but ultimately they end up agreeing after the Judge does some quick talking and promises to help sponsor the Omega into whatever job he wants through the council. The Judge, being wise for his age, has seen the potential in Taehyung regardless of his status as an Omega, and signs him up for some educational training at the council, effectively making Yoongi the only one of their 6 member group who’s not a council trainee.

“I don’t mind being the odd one out.” Yoongi explains when Jin asks him about it one day while they’re chilling at the new share house that they all now live in.

There’s 3 bedrooms, one for Jin and Jungkook, one for Namjoon and the third bedroom is split into 2 smaller rooms for the two Betas. Taehyung is over at their new house so much that he practically lives there, snuggling up into Namjoon whenever he gets the chance.

Hoseok jokes that by the time they catch Kai and his friends, the will have mated and knocked Taehyung up already, earning a groan from Yoongi and Taehyung throwing a pillow at the skinny Beta, who laughs when they all spot Namjoon with bright red cheeks from blushing.

The summer rolls by, and Namjoon learns that he really likes snuggling on the couch with Taehyung under one arm, and Yoongi on the other while they watch some anime that Taehyung insists is all the rage in Japan.

Namjoon also learns that summer that Yoongi really likes to be kissed lazily, and Taehyung loves hugs more than anything, except maybe himself and Yoongi.

His training goes on once the cast is off his arm, and he’s cleared by the doctors, and Namjoon finds himself working harder than before, his arm healed nicely, and his wolf feels stronger than before, and some of the trainees who’ve heard about his new relationship about it, but in a good way.

There’s something that’s not settling right with Namjoon as the three walk down the street after an early dinner, Namjoon tucking the Omega between himself and Yoongi.

He can smell Taehyung’s sweet scent, and the Omega swears his next heat cycle isn’t due until after they’re back in school for the fall, and he can tell Yoongi’s a bit nervous. It’s been nearly 2 months since Namjoon’s attack, and the Beta hopes that Kai will be stupid enough to try and attack them before school starts back up in a few weeks.

They opt to head towards the local park, where Taehyung insists on chasing some ducks that have landed there while Namjoon and Yoongi relax on the blanket Taehyung had also insisted they bring.

“Something’s not right tonight.” Yoongi hums as Namjoon’s fingers lazily trace unseen patterns into his skin as they watch Taehyung giggle as he runs around not far from them, the evening sun casting a glow onto the Omega.

“Like something’s gonna happen.” Namjoon agrees.

But for the moment, they’re safe, the council shadows they have tucked away up in some trees. They’d been planning an outdoor date for a few weeks, and Namjoon’s guardian had made sure all the shadows were mated so they wouldn’t have any scents.

It doesn’t matter anyway as Namjoon turns to press a kiss against Yoongi’s temple, when he scents another wolf on the light breeze at the same time Taehyung screams.

Namjoon’s head whips around and sees a wolf has cornered Taehyung against the fountain in the center of the park as the council shadows come alive, wolves dropping down from the lower branches of the trees to surround the wolf who’s got Taehyung cornered.

“Well, that worked too well.” The familiar voice of Kai rips Namjoon’s attention away from Taehyung.

“You bastard.” Yoongi hisses.

They let the council shadows deal with the wolf who’s threatening Taehyung, as Namjoon shifts for the first time outside of training as Yoongi’s hands ball into a fist.

Namjoon smells other wolves on the ground, and he whines to Yoongi, hoping the Beta understands what it means as Namjoon bares his teeth at Kai.

“You know, I thought you were smarter than this.” Kai sneers at Yoongi. “But I guess not. One not good enough you had to take on another eh Suga?”

Yoongi’s scent grows angry, but controlled. “More than you’ll ever have.” He retorts.

They’d been told not to engage Kai into any physical fight, but no one had said a verbal one was off limits. Kai growls at the insult as Yoongi’s stance relaxes.

Namjoon glances back to see that Taehyung’s ok, and focuses on the area surrounding them. He knows now from experience that Kai wouldn’t have come with just one other wolf and Namjoon stiffens when he scents a familiar wolf, the one that had thrown the first punch at Namjoon at the beginning of summer.

“I have a deal for you.” Kai says as several wolves slink up to surround them “I get Taehyung, and you two get to live.”

“Unlikely scenario, because unfortunately for you, Kim Jongin, you are surrounded by council wolves.” The new voice is one of the council judges who’s been assigned to the case.

It feels surreal, the way the wolves ringing Kai, Yoongi and Namjoon are all outnumbered by another ring of wolves in their human forms, tranq guns trained on each wolf as well as one on Kai himself. The wolf who’d been captured after cornering Taehyung hung defeated from the arms of the two council wolves holding him.

“Might as well give up now Kai.” Yoongi says. “Taehyung’s never wanted you anyway, and it’s pointless at this point to even try.”

Namjoon’s not sure what it is that changes, but Taehyung makes his way up between the two of them, even though he’s still in his wolf form, and flings an arm around Yoongi while settling a hand into the mess of fur between Namjoon’s ears. “Kim Jongin.” He says seriously, and it’s a tone they’ve only hear Taehyung use once before when he was talking to his parents. “I loudly and very publicly reject you as a mate.” He says boldly. “I have two wonderful mates right here beside me.”

The look on Kai’s face is nothing short of murderous. “You sick omega .” He hisses through clenched teeth. “You spread your legs for more than one wolf? Disgusting.” He steps back, and makes a motion with his fingers and the wolves surrounding them shift back to their human forms, dropping to their knees as Kai lets two of the council men grab a hold of him by each arm. “I’ll kill them someday when you least expect it, , and then you’ll beg for me to spare your life.” Kai growls before one of the council men inject him with a tranq.

The moment that all the wolves are gone, leaving Namjoon, Yoongi and Taehyung alone, Namjoon drops down to his belly, wiggling and snuggling up to Taehyung, who’s sunk down to the blanket, uncharacteristically quiet.

“I’m not a .” The Omega says fiercely and Namjoon lays his head in the boy’s lap.

Yoongi sinks down with him, holding Taehyung close. “No, you aren’t anything that says.” He tells the Omega. “You are the most beautiful, upstanding, outspoken Omega I’ve ever known.”

Namjoon pushes his nose into Taehyung’s stomach, huffing in agreement. It takes some more words of love from Yoongi and Namjoon eventually shifting back to his human form, grabbing the extra clothes he’d brought from under the blanket before Taehyung’s bright smile starts to come back.

**

With the threat from Kai gone, it feels like a weight is lifted from them all. Taehyung finds that he likes the educational training he’s getting at the council, and informs them both he’s decided to be a teacher for the council after he’d been exposed to a case where a young female wolf had been used as a toy, been rescued and was so eager to learn she’d latched on to multiple teachers.

School starts back up and not surprisingly, Kai doesn’t return. It seems like everyone on the AP floor of the school breathes easier with that knowledge. Taehyung’s next heat comes and goes and Namjoon wakes up the entire week with Yoongi sleeping next to him.

The term ends peacefully with Yoongi graduating, something that Namjoon hadn’t realized when he found out that the Beta is actually a year older. It makes more sense now why there’s such a large gap between some of the ages in the AP courses because the AP learning track doesn’t rely on school years to teach, it’s how high you test out of some subjects.

Namjoon barely remembers to call home to tell them he’s staying in the city for training instead of coming home to celebrate his mother’s birthday like they’d planned, and his mother is understandably sad.

The first day of spring, and it’s been nearly a year since Namjoon’s been in the city and he finds himself waking up to Taehyung ing his leg in his sleep, a drool line from the Omega’s mouth to the pillow and Namjoon realizes that Taehyung’s body is overly hot to the touch.

“.” Namjoon breathes, and then freezes.

Taehyung’s heat cycle has shown up earlier than expected and Namjoon has to fight to stay coherent as Taehyung’s scent envelops him. It takes nearly all of the Alpha’s will power to text Yoongi as he tries to get out and away from Taehyung.

“Wow, he really did start early.” Yoongi’s voice is tight. “Jin and Jungkook won’t be a problem since they’re mated, and Hoseok’s out for his last bit of training.”

“Can…can you get Jin hyung?” Namjoon asks, swallowing hard against his instincts to turn and crush Taehyung within his arms.

He whimpers against the desire. He knows he loves both of them dearly, but having before they’ve had the real mate talk? His mother would kill him if he mated Taehyung during his heat and before consent was given. Hell, he doesn’t even know how it would all work between the three of them, and ok, Namjoon has to move away from that line of thinking because now his body is responding happily to Taehyung’s scent and he’s pretty sure he’s releasing his own Alpha pheromones as Yoongi comes back with Jin in tow.

“.” Jin sighs, and it’s the first time they’ve ever really heard the Omega swear as he crouches down by Namjoon’s bed, reaching out and shaking Taehyung’s shoulder. “Taehyung!” Jin says loudly. “Wake up you big baby!”

Taehyung on a normal day, is hard to wake up, they usually have to wake him up an hour earlier than normal for school so he’d make it there on time as the boy loved to fall back asleep or would actually forget he needs to go to school after being woken up. Taehyung on a heat day is a new experience as the younger Omega’s eyes open and he’s sitting up in a panic. “!”

“It’s ok Taehyung.” Jin’s there to soothe the boy as Taehyung sees Namjoon slipping out of bed, trying to hide the very obvious in his boxers.

“What do we need to do hyung? His reserve for the Omega house is for next week.” Yoongi asks.

“I’ll take care of it, you two gather what you need for the next week and text Hoseok not to come home.” Jin tells them.

Namjoon doesn’t need to be told twice, grabbing his bag and stuffing clothes into it before throwing random bathroom stuff in it and seeing Yoongi doing the same. “Any suggestions on where we go for a few days?” Yoongi asks as they holler to Jin they are leaving as they hear Taehyung cry out in pleasure and Namjoon has to force himself to walk away from the house.

“Let’s text Hoseok and see what he says.”

In the end, they ended up asking for a shared room at the council between the three, though Hoseok’s barely there because of orientation to his new unit.

Namjoon nor Yoongi have much energy to do anything, though Yoongi has to drag himself to his new job as an intern at the radio station and Namjoon’s off from classes for the week for something they called spring break.

Namjoon had a feeling it was because a lot of Omegas went into a heat cycle around the first week of spring. Namjoon’s laying on the bed when Yoongi gets home, and the Alpha’s sitting up immediately as he scents his Beta boyfriend. “You stopped by the house?” He asks.

“Taehyung was crying out for us.” Yoongi said, eyes wide. “Jin said this heat is more intense than his last one.”

“Was it because he was sleeping next to me?” Namjoon asks.

Yoongi nods, his cheeks flushing. “I think it was his heat talking, but Taehyung was begging for us to take him while I was there. Even though Jin was with him and I was talking to Jungkook, it’s like he knew I was there, and I’m drenched in your scent because we’re in this space, and….” Yoongi runs a hand through his hair. “I’m on edge and this because we haven’t talked about mating yet, it hasn’t even been a year since we all got together and…”

Namjoon’s lips are on Yoongi’s, silencing the older wolf immediately. “Hyung, its ok.” He says, his lips as he moves away from Yoongi.

“Do that again.” Yoongi breathes.

Namjoon complies, bending his head to the short Beta and coaxing his mouth open as he pulls Yoongi to his body, the wisps of Taehyung’s heat scent exciting them both.

By the time Namjoon pulls away, Yoongi’s scent is all over the place and his face is flushed from the kiss. “I know Taehyung wants us both.” Namjoon says. “And I want you and him too, and this is hard to control…” He breaks off, as Yoongi presses a hand against his groin.

Before either of them can make a move, Namjoon’s phone goes off. “Jin hyung?” He answers. “What’s going…oh. Really? Um. Let me tell Yoongi.” He looks over at the Beta, whose eyes are still dilated from their kiss. “Taehyung’s fever spiked, and Jin thinks his body assumes he’s nearly mated already.” He says. “He says he didn’t want this to happen, but we…” Namjoon swallows. “We may have to claim him in order to break the heat this time.”

Yoongi groans. “. I had a feeling this would happen.”

Namjoon uncovers the phone. “Jin hyung you still there? Yeah. I guess we are on our way. I….I don’t know how this will work but we’ll figure it out.”

The bus ride over is silent, as Yoongi frantically googles how 3 people are supposed to mate with each other and comes up with nothing, groaning as he leans into Namjoon and wraps the Alpha’s arm around his shoulder.

“I think we get to write the book on how this is gonna be done.” Yoongi tells him in a hushed tone.

Namjoon nods, his hands shaking a little as they get off at their normal stop, and walk the 3 blocks to the house. He stops short and looks up at the 2 story home, swallowing hard. “The only thing I can think of is that we both have to bite him at the same time.”

“We might as well get it over with and bite each other too, and have Taehyung help if he’s coherent enough.” Yoongi’s voice is shaking. It’s not how he’d envisioned their eventual mating to go, and the suddenness of the whole thing frightens the Beta.

Namjoon turns to the Beta, seeing him visibly shaking. “Hey.” He puts his hand on Yoongi’s shoulder, forcing the Beta to look up at him. “We’ll be ok. We’ll all work through this.” He says, even though he can see it’s not having an effect on Yoongi so he brings the Beta into his arms, pressing him close and lay a kiss on top of his soon to be co-mate’s head. “Taehyung won’t hate us when this is all over.” He promises. “I love you both with every fiber of my being.”

Namjoon’s love confession is the trigger that calms Yoongi down and he pulls away to reach up and press a kiss to the Alpha’s lips. “I love you too, and I know Taehyung does.” The Beta squares his shoulders and looks at Namjoon. “Let’s go take care of our mate.”

**

Namjoon finishes marking their new home before he runs back to the houses, shifting and checking his phone. Nothing new from Jungkook, so he assumes Jin hasn’t had his pup yet. Namjoon finishes dressing with a sigh, deciding to check in with Yoongi in case something happened between Jimin and Hoseok.

He knows his Beta mate would have texted him if something had happened, or he would have come out and howled. He doesn’t bother knocking and the very obvious sounds of an Omega in heat being pleasured by his mate makes Namjoon blush, his ears turning red.

“Hey.” Yoongi pops his head around from the kitchen. “Any word on the pup yet?” He asks, popping an earbud out from his ears.

Namjoon shakes his head, taking a couple long strides to press a needy kiss upon Yoongi’s lips.

The three haven’t had time for proper since Namjoon got back, barely having time for hurried s or s in the shower because of the twins, but Namjoon knows none of them would have it any other way.

Not after Jimin’s miscarriage.

Not after being witness to how Hoseok had withered away into practically a walking skeleton of a wolf and Jimin having to table his own grief at the loss of their pup in order to care for his mate.

A particularly loud keen sounds from upstairs and Namjoon feels Yoongi shiver. “.” Yoongi swears softly. “Never thought I’d be into like this, listening to my friends mating.”

Namjoon his lips, his wolf yearning to reconnect with his own mates. “I think once Jimin’s heat is over, and Jungkook and Jin are back with their pup, we ask them to babysit the twins and you, me and Tae have a nice long afternoon of reconnecting.” He whispers into Yoongi’s ear, feeling his mates hands come up and grip onto his biceps.

“Don’t….ing…test me right now.” Yoongi grits through clenched teeth and then remembers that Namjoon’s easily whenever Yoongi gets aggressive or demanding when the Alpha in a breath.

“I can take you hard and fast, right here.” Namjoon’s not sure if the sounds of Jimin and Hoseok upstairs is riling him up, but he’s having a hard time controlling his wolf. “I know where Jungkook keeps the extra lube.”

“ that’s not fair.” Yoongi groans as Namjoon rolls his hips against his mate. “Fine. But if we get later on from anyone, I’m blaming you for it.”

Namjoon grins, pushing Yoongi toward the downstairs bathroom. 


A/N: Long update for you lovely readers!!

I start back at Uni full time tomorrow (Monday the 11th), and because of the full work load I will have this semester (2 days of lecture, 2 days of clinicals and a day of simulations/skills labs, plus having a test and/or quiz every week), I am not sure what my update schedule will be like until I get into a set schedule. Rest assured, I'll still be writing and checking in periodically between updates.

I hope you all enjoyed the glimpse into the 's background, though rest assured, Kai will probably be back in the future.

Oh, and a clarification since I don't think I stated it very well in the first story, but in this AU claiming each other and mating each other are two very different things. Claiming involves biting the scent gland (like Hoseok and Jimin did for their bonding ceremony), and mating is having during an Omega's heat. The case with the is that Taehyung's parents were more opposed to Taehyung being mated without being claimed as they felt it was more a social stigma than the fact their Omega son would have 2 mates instead of one.