Intrusion (pt 1)

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

Jimin sighs as he sees Hoseok’s sprawled out on the couch again after spending most of the day staring out the window again. The Beta’s been doing it more and more since Yoongi got injured. Jimin’s got a feeling his mate’s wolf isn’t as dormant as they think with how diligent Hoseok’s been in watching over the visible outside areas of their homes.

Jimin grabs a blanket from the other couch, one that Jin had insisted be there in case any of the others fell asleep at the house, draping it over his mate, hands lingering as he realizes that Hoseok still hasn’t gained any weight since they moved.

The Omega sighs, hands clenching into fists as he moves away from his sleeping mate and back towards the kitchen, dropping down into a chair.

No matter what he tells Jin, or Jungkook, or Namjoon, he’s still not completely ok after everything that’s happened, though he thought he’d been dealing with the lingering sadness and grief well until Jinkook had been brought home. Jimin didn’t feel the same pinch of grief whenever he looked at the twins, who were both old enough now to start walking on their own in their human forms, though neither one had been showing any signs of doing so yet.

The sharp pain of lingering sadness hits Jimin in the heart again as he unconsciously rubs his fingers against the soft but flat planes of his abdomen as tears spring to his eyes and Jimin brushes at his face when he hears footsteps from the front of the house, biting his lip and standing up quickly to go wash his hands before he went back to working on lunch.

At least he’s not a bawling, sobbing mess like he’d been when Hoseok was sedated in the medical bay, though he quickly schools his face into a slight frown of concentration as Jungkook walks into the kitchen.

“I thought I smelt onions.” Jungkook smiles as he walks to the counter, fingers sneaking a piece of the vegetable.

“Yah!” Jimin smacks Jungkook’s hand as the Alpha tries to sneak another piece. “I’m making kimchi fried rice, leave some onions for the rest of us.” He scolds.

Jungkook laughs, grabbing another piece as he slides away from Jimin. “Thanks hyung!” He says as he exits the kitchen.

Jimin sighs, shaking his head, and going back to cutting the onion pieces when he hears Jungkook laugh from the direction of the downstairs bathroom and Jin’s disgusted voice, which means the Alpha ambushed his mate, giving Jin a kiss before the Omega could realize what Jungkook had eaten until he tasted it.

It gets Jimin’s mind off of things for the moment, though if he’s being honest with himself, it really doesn’t.

The Omega spends the rest of his day trying to keep himself busy with doing the household chores. Hoseok’s gotten well enough over the past month that Namjoon admitted the Beta didn’t need to be monitored 24/7 which lets Jimin breathe a little since his mate is actually waking up on his own for meals and staying awake for longer periods of time.

But it also allows for Jimin to start thinking things he knows he shouldn’t.

Not with the way the news from the city has been lately.

Not with how Yoongi still has the stitches in his shoulder from the intruders on their land, though they’ve not had any other unwanted visitors since that day nearly a month ago.

“Jungkook and I are going to take Jinkook for his month checkup.” Jin says, breaking the younger Omega out of his thoughts, the towel he’d been folding sitting neatly in his lap.

“Ok.” Jimin nods.

“You gonna be ok?” Jin asks, concern lacing his voice as he looks at the petite Omega, noticing how dark the circles under Jimin’s eyes haven’t diminished since Hoseok had started to actually recover.

“Hmm..yeah. I should be ok.” Jimin smiles up at Jin, but the older Omega can tell the smile doesn’t reach his eyes as they used to.

“Ok. If you need anything, Tae and Namjoon should be home.” Jin says.

“I’ll be fine hyung. Go.” Jimin seems to come to himself, waving off the older Omega as he places the folded towel on the pile and grabs a new one from the laundry basket.  

Jimin hears the door shut, the silence settling over the house. They still use the baby monitors whenever Hoseok is in the living room, just as precaution, and Jimin can hear his mate rustling a little as he’s switching the laundry out, but he doesn’t expect the sudden growl that issues from the monitor, loud, and clear. “Jimin, call Taehyung.” He hears Hoseok through the monitor. “We have unwanted company somewhere.”

Jimin barely has time to pull his phone out when he hears the front door close and suddenly his heart clenches. “.” He sighs, leaving the laundry as it is, dialing Taehyungs number, and grumbling when the phone goes straight to voicemail, hanging up and dialing Namjoon’s number as he’s reaching the front door in time to crash into the door as it opens.

“Namjoon sent us over here.” Taehyung’s hurried voice greets Jimin as he blinks up at Taehyung who’s got one twin under each arm. “He and Hoseok took off in the direction of the city.” He says as Taegi squirms under his left arm.

Jimin sighs, getting up off the floor, Taehyung’s anxiety starting to bleed over into Jimin as the Omega rubs at the sore spots on both his forehead from the door, and his from falling onto his . “Here, give me Taegi.” He says as the pup squirms nearly out of Taehyung’s already tedious grip as the younger Omega struggles to keep both pups in his arms.

Taegi whines as Taehyung lets Jimin take the younger of the pups into his arms, though he stays still as Taehyung shuts the door, locking both the knob and the deadbolt they’d had installed when moving in.

“I guess we should move downstairs.” Jimin sighs, looking out the window for any sign of his mate or Namjoon, but sees nothing but the usual forest behind the ’s house across the street.

The two head downstairs, the baby monitor forgotten as Jimin holds onto Taegi while Taehyung’s soothing a fussy Taejoon in order to keep as quiet as possible.

“We should have something down here for him.” Jimin says in passing as Taehyung places Taejoon on the bed in the basement to shut and lock the door that Jungkook and Yoongi had installed barely a week beforehand.

It’d been Jimin’s idea to turn the basement from the heat room to a safe room of sorts, similar to the tree room that he remembered from the day Hoseok and Jin had saved him from his former (and long since dead) Pack’s Head Alpha.

It had taken some time to get all the supplies, including the heavy door since Namjoon had told everyone else what he’d told Jungkook on the day Jinkook had been born. Jimin had to agree that the actions of the council were really suspicious from an outsider’s point of view, especially when Namjoon had mentioned that he though the council doctors had been delaying Hoseok prompt treatment in order to study his withdrawal symptoms.

“Here it is.” Jimin pulls out the second play pen that had originally been a gift from Jimin’s parents, setting it up and depositing Taegi into it as Taehyung finally gets Taejoon settled down enough to play quietly in the pen.

Jimin’s phone vibrates, startling the Omega as he pulls the curtains across the windows to block any possible intruders from looking into the house and seeing them.

“Oh Yoongi.” Taehyung’s answered the phone, something they all do frequently whenever they see it’s one of the others in their little pack. “Yeah, we’re in the safe room in the basement with the twins and Jimin.” The Beta had been called into work early that day for a meeting, something about how the station was concerned when Yoongi had shown up in a sling with stitches.

“No, Hoseok didn’t shift, but he was growling pretty fiercely when he and Namjoon escorted me over to the house.” Taehyung replies to Yoongi’s question and Jimin swallows, a bad feeling springing up in the pit of his stomach.

Jimin looks around the room as Taehyung continues to talk quietly to his mate, wondering if they really have everything settled for the room as Taehyung hangs up the phone and turns to Jimin. “Yoongi says hi and that should anything happen, he’s on his way back from the station and will be joining Jungkook, Jin and their pup to help keep them safe until Namjoon gives the all clear to come back to the house.” Taehyung tells him in hushed tones.

They’re being overly cautious, speaking low and as quiet as they can, keeping the pups quiet until they nod off for a nap when Jimin hears something hit hard against the side of the house, not far from where one of the windows is situated with muted sunlight filtering through the heavy curtain.

Taehyung freezes in the act of making a couple of bottles as the faint sounds of snarling echo through the window, and the two Omegas look over at each other before creeping as quietly as they can to the playpen where the two pups are still asleep. They don’t have to exchange words to know each other’s thoughts that they have to keep the pups quiet at all costs so the intruding wolves don’t think there is someone in the house.

The faint sounds of whatever is going on outside the house fade, but Jimin doesn’t think they can relax just yet even though Taehyung lets out a sigh, his body relaxing only to tense up again as they hear something distantly smashing above them, like wood splintering.

It feels like it’s been hours since they locked themselves down in the basement, and Jimin situates himself in front of Taehyung whose eyes are widening as they hear the snarling getting closer as the intruding wolf or wolves track their fading scents down the stairs.

Taejoon stirs when the wolf on the other side of the reinforced door bangs on it in frustration, snarls echoing through the door as the wolf tries to break through it and failing, causing the pup to whine as the scent of a feral unmated wolf seeps through the seams of the doorway.

“, Tae.” Jimin hisses at Taehyung as the wolf on the other side of the door renews his efforts to get through as the whines of the pup increase. “Give him something to calm him down.”

The snarls grow more frustrated, the banging on the door growing weaker as the wolf on the other side of the door realizes that he isn’t going to be getting through the reinforcement, and Jimin’s thankful that they’d gotten that installed before anything had happened.

But the one thing they hadn’t done, was reinforce or protect the windows in the basement room, and the sound of breaking glass alerts Jimin to the fact that someone’s just busted out one of the windows, causing Taejoon to whine further in distress as Taehyung squeaks in surprise at the intrusion.

“You protect your pups, I will protect you.” Jimin says before he changes over to his wolf form, his clothes shredding as he snarls at the wolf who is now crawling through the broken window in wolf form.

Taehyung scoops up both of the pups, finding the one corner of the room that doesn’t have a window near it and huddles down in the shadows there as Jimin snarls at the intruding wolf whose sniffing the air.

The wolf snaps his jaws at Jimin, and the Omega snaps back, determined not to let anything happen to his friend and the pups. He doesn’t want Taehyung, Yoongi or Namjoon to go through the heartbreak he and Hoseok have suffered.

Jimin can’t scent the other wolf, so he’s got to rely on reading the moves of the other wolf in order to protect the others.

Jimin may not be a Beta or an Alpha, but he’d learned a thing or two about protecting himself from his childhood friends, so when the wolf tries to feint to the left to get past him, Jimin stands his ground, refusing to take the bait and growls lowly at the intruding wolf.

Taehyung watches on, his senses on high alert as Jimin and the intruding wolf snap and snarl at each other, hushing Taejoon as the older pup continues to whine.

They both are concentrated on the wolf already on the floor that neither one of them notice that another wolf has stuck its head into the broken basement window until the same scent that had been seeping through the reinforced door blows into the basement on a short lived breeze and Taehyung stiffens. 


A/N: Finally found some time to edit this chapter to update as I'd promised like...2 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago? I don't know anymore.With constant studying my brain feels a bit fried from the overload of information and it's only gonna get works T.T

Also, don't hate me for the cliffhanger.

My hiatus will continue through till at least March 20th (spring break for me), so I'm hoping to have a little time when I'm not studying to work on editing the next chapter and writing some more. I'll still be available to answer questions and respond to feedback if needed so don't be shy and let me know what you think!

I want to take a moment and thank all of you who have subscribed and upvoted and those who are staying with me through my hiatus. Your support means so much!!