The first meeting of the three

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

Jimin’s nervous, though it doesn’t stop him from out loud as his oversensitive skin rubs against the sheets as he turns towards his mate.

Hoseok is staring at him in wonderment, his pupils blown wide open as he takes a deep breath. “You’re in heat.” He whispers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Jimin nods, not trusting his voice to answer.

“How is this possible?” Hoseok asks. “I can smell you like….like when you had your first heat.”

“I….I don’t know.” Jimin’s confused. If it smells like his first heat, then could it be that the drug Hoseok had been force injected with caused his own body to recycle in order to reassert their mate bond? Jimin swallows hard. “Does my heat scent do anything to you?”

Hoseok looks more alive now than he had in the last 4 months, even as he leans in to take a long deep inhale of Jimin’s scent. “I…” He stops, eyes growing dark as Jimin can suddenly smell his mates scent.

It was a weird thing that when Hoseok’s wolf went into a coma, his scent all but disappeared from his body, even though Jimin was still the only one who’d be able to smell it. To smell his mate’s scent blooming after 4 months without it causes Jimin to moan again, feeling his body growing damp in his clothes.

“.” Hoseok’s hands are steady, even as he’s helping Jimin out of his clothes, his mouth watering at the scent his mate is giving off. “I don’t know what’s going on, but I want you.” Hoseok murmurs as he’s skimming his thin hands all over Jimin’s body.

Jimin pants from the overstimulation on his body. “Hoseok.” He whines as the Beta’s hands get dangerously close to his groin. “I know you aren’t ready for this.” He inhales, fingers finding purchase in the sheets as his body grows warmer.

They’ve barely even kissed or touched each other in a romantic or ual way since Hoseok’s , though Jimin wonders if it’s more from the drug withdrawal. Hoseok looks up at Jimin, his eyes hooded. “I think I’m ready.” He whispers. “I…I feel…alive. I feel instinctually that I need to reassert our mate bond. I…” He cuts off. “I want to feel with you.”

Jimin groans as Hoseok comes back up to the head of the bed, turning his head and dipping down for their first real kiss in 4 months. His last coherent thought before his heat and the scent of his mate enveloping him is that he hopes Yoongi got the message loud and clear from the baby monitors.

**

Jungkook was cowering in fear of his mate by the time Namjoon screeched to a halt outside the hospital that the Omega had imputed into his phone’s GPS map.

It wasn’t that Jin was howling in pain, or gripping his hand to keep the Alpha centered as Namjoon nearly made both of them vomit from his crazy driving.

No, it was because Jin was swearing so much from the pain with each contraction that made Jungkook cower.

He’d never heard his mate swear so much before in all the years they’d know each other, and briefly wondered where his straight laced, mild language enforcing mate had even learned some of the swear words that came out of his mouth.

The door behind Jungkook opened at the same time the door in front of Jin opened, the nurses and a doctor there with smiles on their faces and a wheelchair to help Jin get into once they’d managed to pry his hand out of its grasp on Jungkook’s forearm.

Jungkook fell out the back once he didn’t have his mate’s grip on him, and laid for a second on the dirty pavement, letting his body relax from the cramped position he’d been in. “Dude, you ok?” Namjoon asks as he comes around the car.

A buzz goes off, Namjoon’s favorite line from the anime their group watches as the tall tan Alpha holds out a hand for Jungkook to take.

Jungkook giggles for a moment, before taking the offered hand, and getting up, dusting off the dirt from his pants and back as Namjoon inhales a sharp gasp. “What? Did something happen back home? Is Jimin ok?”

Namjoon looks up from his phone after he sends a reply. “Jimin says he suddenly went into a heat.”

The two Alpha’s look at each other, both in shock and surprise. “I…I thought he wasn’t supposed to get his next heat until after his body heals from the miscarriage?” Jungkook asks.

“The docs weren’t sure if he’d have a heat, not with the way Hoseok is.” Namjoon confesses as they realize Jin’s already been pushed into the hospital.

They scramble to get inside, and Jungkook’s preoccupied with paperwork as Jin’s getting examined in one of the hospitals birthing suites. “What do you mean with the way Hoseok is? Is his wolf being in a coma affecting their mate bond and how Jimin’s body is supposed to act?” Jungkook asks finally as he finishes the last of the paperwork.

“That’s the theory.” Namjoon confirms. “The doctors are baffled about everything, probably because we’ve never seen a drug that powerful before, and so they’re taking every god damn opportunity they can to learn more about what to expect because Hoseok is recovering patient zero.” Namjoon says bitterly.

“So instead of doing experiments on the feral wolves down in the holding cells, they’re using Hoseok’s pain and suffering?!” Jungkook growls. “Wait, so if Jimin’s in heat, will Hoseok even react to him?”

Namjoon texts Yoongi before getting a response from Taehyung and a moment later, Yoongi responds back. Namjoon’s never been more nervous about either of his mates being in potential harm’s way, but he sighs in relief, shoulders relaxing. “Yoongi says that Hoseok responded to Jimin’s heat. In a good way.”

Jungkook looks at Namjoon, a smile flitting across his face. “I knew moving out of that room at the council would help.” He says.

Namjoon nods. “I’ve a feeling the docs were trying to impede his progress while he was there.” He confesses. “Jungkook.” His voice goes serious. “I know you are about to become a father and all, but I’ve got a bad feeling about what happened at the council when Hoseok was attacked.”

Jungkook goes silent. “My wolf and I agree with you.” He says solemnly. “Something about it just doesn’t feel quite right to me.”

Namjoon sighs. “I’m glad.” He says. “That last mission that I was sent out on? Turns out it was total bull.” He says. “I didn’t want to tell Jin or my mates about it because, well, both of the packs who requested me to be out there wanted to warn me that they think there is war about to erupt soon.”

“War?” Jungkook looks at him. “What do you mean war, like the Alpha-Beta wars?”

Namjoon shakes his head. “No, much worse than the Alpha-Beta wars. One of the packs had gotten wind that another pack was secretly training wolves to fight, and covering it up as they were helping rogue wolves travel to the city to be redistributed into other packs.”

Jungkook’s eyebrows furrow as if he’s in deep thought. “That doesn’t sound good, or normal either.” He muses. “I guess we could try to figure out what’s going on by going to some of the neighboring packs, but I don’t want to leave you to do all the hard work while I take care of Jin and our son.”

Namjoon shakes his head. “We’ve got some of it covered already. Yoongi’s radio show is late enough in the evening that he doesn’t have as many people watching over him to make sure he’s doing his job properly.” The tan Alpha chuckles.

“What is Yoongi hyung doing?” Jungkook asks.

“I managed to get copies of contact information for some of the packs that are around the city.” Namjoon says in a hushed voice. “Yoongi’s been calling the ones who can hear his radio show at night and asking them circumspectly about things in their area under the guise that he’s calling to get requests in from the packs who don’t normally request stuff.”

“So he’s making it look like he cares about all of his listeners instead of being apathetic to those who never call in.” Jungkook says.

“Bingo.” Namjoon nods.

They’re interrupted by the nurse coming out and calling for Jungkook. “Your mate is all checked in and he’s doing fine.” She assured the Alpha. “He’s asking for you.”

Namjoon hangs back a bit awkwardly. “Hey, Kookie, I think I should head back and help my mate out with Jimin, is that ok?”

Jungkook looks straight into Namjoon’s eyes, and gives himself a shake as his vision blurs for a second. “Yeah…that’s fine.” He swallows. “I’ll….I’ll keep you updated on things here.” He says.

Namjoon reaches out a hand, squeezing Jungkook’s shoulder and the gesture soothes Jungkook in a way he’s sure he’s not experienced since he was a pup with his dad. “Try not to let Jin hurt you too much.” He jokes.

The nurse clears , and Jungkook grunts at Namjoon, turning to follow the nurse without further words. Namjoon’s not sure what had happened in that moment between them either, but his wolf is oddly quiet considering the panic he’d swallowed down when he’d seen the text from Jimin.

Namjoon straightens his shoulders, turning and heading to the car, which is still haphazardly parked in the entrance to the hospital. He doesn’t really remember getting home, only that the worry over everything is occupying his mind.

Things are quiet as Namjoon parks the car in Jungkook’s driveway and he texts Taehyung and Yoongi to let them know he’s back and is going to take a quick run around the perimeter of their new home.

Namjoon doesn’t quite trust many of the wolves employed by the council, especially since he’s well known for having 2 mates instead of one so he’s met most of the higher ups. He couldn’t imagine his life without either of his mates.

Namjoon strips and shifts quickly, relishing in the primal feeling of happiness as he runs around their new territory, marking over the old scents in the area, which leaves his Alpha side puffing his chest out in pride.

As Namjoon runs, his mind wanders back to the moment he first met his mates.

**

The high school is bustling full of scents, budding Alphas and Betas trying to figure out where they rank in school amongst their classmates as Namjoon sighs, rubbing his face with a hand. He’s new to the school after being forced to move from his parent pack to the city for training with the council by his father, the Alpha of the pack.

He looks at the sheet of paper, realizing most of his classes are in the AP section of the high school, probably where most of the other students will be Alphas, and Namjoon mentally wonders how many potential fights he’ll narrowly miss getting into as he turns the corner to head up the stairs.

This high school is much bigger than his old one, and Namjoon nearly misses the classroom where his AP class is, the room being the first door on the right as he comes up the last flight of stairs.

Namjoon straightens his wrinkled jacket, clearing his throat before knocking on the door to the classroom, hearing the teacher stop talking and the door slides open.

“Yes?” The teacher is much shorter than Namjoon is, staring up at him.

The Alpha can’t smell a scent on him, meaning his teacher is mated and therefore can control the wolves in his classroom much easier than unmated teachers. “I…sorry, I’m the new transfer student.” He says, bowing apologetically to the teacher.

The teacher sighs. “Class started 15 minutes ago.” He says, gesturing for Namjoon to enter. “Introduce yourself and then you’ll take the seat next to Min Yoongi, the kid with the light pink hair.”

Namjoon introduces himself to his new classmates, feeling a bit more relaxed as he realizes he’s in a room filled mostly with Betas. He’s one of 3 Alpha’s in the room, and from the looks of it, the other Alphas aren’t even paying attention to Namjoon as he walks to the empty desk next to the male with the crazy hair color.

“Don’t ask about the hair color.” The male, Yoongi, grumbles as the teacher gets back to the lesson.

Namjoon clamps his mouth shut and pays more attention to the way Yoongi seems to be doodling in his notebook more than writing down the lesson that their teacher is giving them, though Namjoon quickly finds out that Yoongi can recite anything the teacher asks of him as if the pink haired male was taking notes like any other diligent student.

The bell rings, signaling break and Namjoon feels more than hears the other 2 Alphas getting up from their desks, approaching him. “What’s your deal?” One of the Alphas asks, plopping down in the empty seat in front of Namjoon.

“Moved here for training.” Namjoon mumbles, keeping his tone neutral. The last thing he needs in this school is to get into a fight on his first day.

It’s another reason why he’s being forced to training early by his father. Namjoon frequently got into stupid fights with other Alphas in his old school, and the teachers refused to tell his father that the other kids were the ones who’d start the fights.

Namjoon knows the fighting was stupid but their pack had very few Omegas and too many Betas, and some of the other kids had thought Namjoon was going to stake his claim to an Omega the moment his wolf woke up and presented as an Alpha.

The Alpha standing next to Namjoon snorts. “You’re too young to be coming to the council for training.” He says, picking at a fingernail, his tone sounding bored.

Namjoon swallows, trying not to let his nerves show. “I may be too young, but they didn’t say no when I registered.” He says slowly, as if he’s already over the conversation.

“Don’t worry, we’re not calling you out and saying you are lying.” The Alpha in front of him smiles, his face completely changing. “We’re just surprised a new Alpha like you got sent so early.”

The Alpha standing nods, finally focusing on Namjoon. “My name’s Kim Wonsik, but everyone calls me Ravi.” He says, holding out a hand.

Namjoon looks up at the Alpha, seeing nothing but kindness in his dark eyes. Nothing in either Alpha’s behaviors are something Namjoon’s used to, so he takes a breath as he reaches out and shakes Ravi’s hand.

The Alpha in front of him laughs. “I’m Choi Hadon, but others call me Sanchung.”

Namjoon relaxes as he introduces himself to the Alpha’s again, not realizing that Yoongi’s still next to him, head laying on the desk.

It takes Namjoon a few days to realize the sweet smell he’d assumed was Yoongi’s scent is missing as he sits down next to the Beta, though he wisely chooses not to say anything as he watches an Alpha from another class come in during their break to corner Yoongi in the classroom as Namjoon is playing some cards with Sanchung and Ravi.

“Yah, Suga, why don’t you smell like your Omega this week?” The Alpha sneers, leaning over the short Beta as Yoongi’s scent flares hot and angry.

Namjoon and the other Alphas tense up as the imposing wolf continues to stare down at Yoongi, his posture relaxed. Namjoon has heard through Ravi that there are a few Alpha’s in the AP classes that act like they are the superior rank to the others, and this Alpha looks like he’s no different as he stares down at Yoongi.

“He’s not my Omega .” Yoongi’s quiet voice hisses as he stares up at the Alpha. “You’re the Kai and I refuse to tell you why I don’t smell like him.”

The Alpha, Namjoon assumes, is either interested in Yoongi, or the Beta’s Omega friend as he laughs. “The Omega finally went into his first heat, eh?” Kai rubs his hands together. “Just wait till he comes back from his heat week.”

Yoongi’s eyes flash at what Namjoon can only assume is an unspoken challenge between the two of them, and the scent of anger grows stronger as they watch Yoongi’s hands ball into fists.

“Stand down Min Yoongi.” Another Alpha comes into the room, grabbing Kai by the back of his neck. “I am going to apologize for this one’s rude behavior.”

“Suho hyung. I’m not being rude. I want that Omega.” Kai’s voice growls. “This Beta needs to learn his place.”

The Alpha, who looks more like he should have been a Beta, shakes the younger Alpha as he growls, the atmosphere growing heavier. “You are going to stop bullying Yoongi about his friend and you will NOT take that Omega as a mate.”

Kai’s arms tense as they assume Suho is gripping tighter onto the young Alpha’s neck. “Yes I will. You are not my pack Alpha, you can’t tell me what to do.”

Yoongi’s got enough space thanks to Suho to slip out from in front of the Alpha and over towards Namjoon, his face red with the effort to keep his wolf under control.

The next any of them know, Kai and Suho are both in their wolf forms, and Namjoon stares as the brownish wolf, he thinks is Kai, wrestles the dark brown, nearly black wolf who looks larger down to the floor. “Suho’s the brown wolf.” Ravi whispers as they watch. “He just started college and is here on a teaching internship. He’s from Kai’s parent pack.”

Sanchung has enough sense to run for one of their teachers as the brown wolf continues to force the darker colored wolf to submit to him, and Namjoon turns to Yoongi.

He doesn’t know the Beta all that well, but something in him flares up at the look on Yoongi’s face as he watches Kai struggle to get out from under Suho. “You ok?” He asks Yoongi.

The Beta looks up at Namjoon, eyes wide. “I’m…I’m ok. Thanks for asking.” He murmurs and Namjoon’s heart skips a beat.

Teachers come and manage to coax Suho off of Kai once they’ve injected something into the darker wolf and Kai is sluggish a few minutes later as Suho nudges him up from the floor.

“Kai is getting more out of control.” Sanchung mutters as he slips in beside Ravi. “They had to use a level 3 tranq on him this time.”

Namjoon learns that day that Kai has an overly aggressive wolf and is constantly a problem for others in the AP classes. The boy is a half year older than Namjoon but it looks like he’s not fully able to control his wolf when he needs to.

Namjoon feels lucky that his wolf is not nearly as aggressive as Kai’s is as he watches the staff use another tranq on the wolf a week later after he’d cornered a tall Omega with big eyes and a loud laugh that turns out to be Yoongi’s friend. The poor Omega had nearly been claimed by Kai in the boy’s bathroom of the AP halls until Namjoon had come into the bathroom to wash his hands and found the Omega cowering under the sinks, a feat he thinks only the most desperate of wolves could do considering how small the space is.

After poking his head out and yelling for someone to get the teachers because of Kai, he changes quickly into his wolf form, and jumps onto Kai while growling.

Namjoon doesn’t even think about why the Omega is in the building, let alone on the AP floor, as Omega’s are actually separated from the Alphas and Beta’s once they hit middle school in the city because of puberty and their wolves awakening from their slumber. He’s seen what happens when Omegas aren’t separated from the other ranks when they become of age in his home pack and he presses down on Kai in order to make him submit, refusing to let the poor Omega cowering under the sink become a victim to an overzealous Alpha.

The younger Alpha tries to buck him off, but Namjoon digs in with his claws, while latching onto Kai’s neck with his teeth in the same spot that Suho had pinched a week beforehand.

Namjoon knows the overly aggressive wolf hates being made to submit, and he winces as the older wolf managed to move and pin him against the stall next to the sinks, the cool metal biting into Namjoon’s back as he holds on.

Footsteps pound the floor and Namjoon feels the warm hands of one of their medical teachers petting him as they tell Namjoon they’re using the tranq on Kai, and when to let go.

Kai whines as Namjoon lets go of his scruff, and they have to carry Kai out of the bathroom as the medical teacher tends to the cut on Namjoon’s back before checking on the Omega who throws himself into Namjoon arms as soon as the Alpha shifts.

“Thank you.” He sobs, clinging to the Alpha even as Namjoon smells Yoongi’s scent on the boy. A burst of feet and Yoongi’s actually in the bathroom, eyes wide and scent screaming of worry as he looks and finds his friend clinging to a Namjoon as the Alpha blushes in embarrassment.

“Taehyung.” Yoongi’s voice is strained. “Did Kai…” He visibly swallows. “Did he claim you?”

Taehyung shakes his head. “No, this Alpha came in time.”

“You can let go of Namjoon now so he can get dressed.” Yoongi’s voice is filled with relief, his scent calming down.

Namjoon clears his throat awkwardly as he realizes that a bag with clothes is next to him, probably from one of the teachers. He’ll have to remember to bring an extra set if Kai continues to rampage and Suho’s not around to control him.

They’d been told that Suho’s actually Kai’s future pack Alpha, as the two are from a small pack to the southeast of the city, and that Kai’s supposed to be getting treatment at the council for his overly aggressive wolf, and part of his rehab was being at school and not terrorizing Betas or trying to mate with any Omega who’s matured fully, like the one currently sitting in Namjoon’s lap.

Taehyung lifts his head up and looks at Namjoon, and it breaks the Alpha’s heart to see the tears in the Omega’s eyes. “Don’t cry.” He coos, reaching up with one hand to wipe the tears trailing down Taehyung’s cheek with the pad of his thumb.

Taehyung hiccups, and suddenly they are both surrounded by Yoongi as the Beta closes in on Taehyung to hug his back.

The Omega shudders at the contact, and Namjoon swears his heart is going to beat itself out of his chest as Taehyung buries his head against Namjoon’s chest, and Yoongi’s scent envelops them both, the unmated Beta sending out his scent to help calm down Taehyung.

Taehyung calms down enough to let go of Namjoon, and the Alpha dresses quickly, a light blush of pink across his cheeks. He’s never been embarrassed to be in front of others before, but he’s also not at home around other wolves that he’s known since birth.

Namjoon expects Yoongi to take Taehyung off to leave him alone, but when he’s fully dressed, Taehyung reaches out and tugs Namjoon close. “Thank you for saving me.” He murmurs as he hugs Namjoon.

It’s the beginning of a unique friendship between the three. His days are filled between his AP classes, goofing off with the other two Alphas during breaks in school, his afternoons filled with Yoongi and Taehyung and his evenings training at the council with other wolves that are 2 to 3 years older than he is.

Kai has been suspiciously absent ever since the bathroom incident. They find out the Alpha was suspended for attempting to force a mark onto Taehyung, and has been in inpatient rehab at the council the next time they see Suho, who looks haggard. “I’m sorry for his behavior.” The Alpha apologizes to Namjoon, who claps a warm hand onto the much older Alpha.

“Don’t worry about us. Worry about yourself man. You look like .” That’s Namjoon being blunt, something that Yoongi finds endearing though he’s sure the tall Alpha would laugh at him if he said anything about it.

Taehyung’s next heat is coming around the time school breaks for the summer, and both Yoongi and Namjoon sigh in relief when Taehyung shows them the reserved ticket he has for one of the Omega houses in the neighborhood.

Neither one of them get much sleep that week that Taehyung is gone for his heat cycle. 


A/N: Happy New Year lovelies!!

Thank you all so much for the subs, and the upvotes and reading this AU. 

I hope for those already into 2016 that you had a great holiday and are safe, and for those who have yet to celebrate (it's a little after 6:30pm on the 31st right now where I live), have a great night!!! 

My wish for 2016 is that you all stay happy and healthy this year!!

Thank you all again and see you in the New Year ^_^