Intrusion (pt 2)

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

Jungkook turns onto the main road leading to the clinic as Jin relaxes in the passenger seat. Their pup is contentedly on the edge of the blanket that covers his legs in the dual pup/infant carrier, and Jin is grateful for the quiet inside the car as Jungkook focuses on driving.

It’s not a long drive to the clinic, but Jin feels Jungkook tensing the closer they get, though the older Omega thinks it may be from the things they are seeing as they drive into the small neighborhood on the edge of the city, from some houses that have been obviously abandoned, the front doors left wide open, litter strewn across the lawns, to some houses with red spray paint coating the front door in a bold X pattern.

“I’m not liking how things are looking.” Jin whispers finally as they pass the fifth house that’s been abandoned near the clinic.

The parking lot of the clinic was a stark contrast to the desolation that they’d seen on the drive in, and the mates look at each other. “If anything out of the ordinary happens while we are in there, you grab Jinkook and get the hell out.” Jungkook tells his older mate, his concern lacing his voice and Jin could see a little bit of Jungkook’s wolf bleeding through the irises of his eyes.

Jin nods. “Got it. What is the signal for me to grab Jinkook?” He asks, knowing that the better prepared they are for anything, their survival chances increase by a lot.

“I’ll growl I guess.” Jungkook says, uncertain.

The silence outside the car makes Jin even more nervous than he was in the car, and even Jinkook is quiet as they head into the clinic.

Inside is a different story completely than outside, with some pups running around in their wolven form while older ones are quietly sitting next to their parents.

The front desk reception seems normal, but Jungkook senses an underlying tension there that he thinks most others wouldn’t pick up with how subtle it is.

In fact, the tension doesn’t waver the entire time they are there, though the amount of other parents at the clinic decreases slowly as they wait. By the time they get back to see the doctor, the nurse is apologizing for their longer than normal wait. “We had a few of our staff leave due to the purging.” She admits in a hushed whisper.

Jin gets the feeling that there is more to the story than the nurse is willing to say in such a public setting. The visit seems to go just fine, however, and Jin almost sighs a breath of relief at the end of the appointment when the doctor smiles at them, telling them that Jinkook has been progressing exactly as they expected for a month old though they want to keep an eye on the pup and that they need to come back in a month.

They sign out, making the required appointment at the desk and are in the car before either of them relax and Jin lets out a large sigh of relief. “That definitely went better than I was expecting.” He admits as Jungkook starts the car.

The drive home is quiet, and neither one of them think to check their phones on the drive back until Jungkook smells rogue wolves, and the faint scent of Namjoon’s blood as they turn onto the road that leads to home. “Check the phone.” Jungkook orders as he stops the car, his irises bleeding red and gold as his wolf comes closer to the surface.

“.” Jin groans. “Rogue wolves attacked.” He says as he checks Jungkook’s phone.

“Who sent the message?”

“Looks like Namjoon did.” Jin tells his mate, frowning. “He hasn’t sent anything else, and no other messages to you from the others.” He switches phones and stares at his own.

“I’ll try calling Namjoon, you try calling Jimin.” They both know Taehyung’s cell phone is mostly likely dead as the Omega tends to forget about the device more often than not.

Namjoon doesn’t pick up his phone, and Jimin’s goes straight to voicemail. The mates look at each other and Jungkook grips the wheel tightly. “Ok, here’s the plan. I’m going to and go check out everything. You stay here with Jinkook. Once I know things are safe, I’ll call you from the house, ok?”

Jin nods. “Got it.” He says as Jungkook shuts the car off to save on gas, removing his shoes.

“If you don’t hear from me in say, 3 or 4 hours, I want you to drive away from here. There is an envelope in the glovebox that has our emergency cash and some prepaid cards. Go to Jimin’s parents down in Busan and wait for me.”

Jin makes a noise of agreement. Jimin’s parents were already in the plan, the younger Omega having called them about possibly going to visit sometime soon, they’d claimed Yoongi had to ask to get off of work as an excuse of why they didn’t have a set date. During the planning of their safety, Jin had sometimes wondered if Namjoon and Jungkook were being overly paranoid about the rogue wolves, but now with the threat looming over them, Jin’s glad they took extra precautions.

Before Jungkook finishes stripping, he goes into the back, giving Jinkook a kiss as an anguished howl rings out in the clearing between the car and the tree line, causing Jungkook to hurry. Jin watches with hardened eyes as his mate shifts, bounding off towards the area where the howl was, and waiting until Jungkook’s tail disappears in the forested area before making sure all the doors are locked and Jinkook is quiet in his carrier.

The silence is deafening and Jin startles when the familiar ringtone he’s set for Jimin blares in the passenger seat. Frowning, the Omega picks up the phone quickly in case any rogue wolves are watching the car, and answers it. “Jimin? What’s going on?”

“Hyung.” Jimin’s tone is quiet. “We…we got attacked by rogues.” He says into the phone.

“Jimin, what’s wrong?” The quiet tone in Jimin’s voice has Jin and his wolf both on edge even more so than Jungkook fighting. “What happened?”

A sob tears through the receiver of the phone, and Jin’s heart sinks. “Hyung.” The younger Omega sobs. “They….they got one of the twins.”

**

Yoongi growls as the ring of wolves surround the radio station he’s been working at for years after graduating from school. He’d gotten the call from Namjoon that there were rogue wolves on their new territory, and he’d called Jimin’s phone when Namjoon had cut off, only to learn that Namjoon and Hoseok had gone out to ward them off from the twins.

Yoongi didn’t even get a chance to ask about Jungkook or Jin, and their pup when Taehyung’s call dropped. His Omega mate had a bad habit of forgetting to charge his cell phone more often than not, and unless Namjoon or Yoongi plugged it in, Taehyung would go for days without realizing his cell was dead until he’d go to use it but he’d called Jimin’s phone, so the cut off of the call worried him.

There have been rumors that certain areas of the city were being systematically surrounded, each house searched and some wolves would be taken from their homes, never to be heard from or seen again.

Yoongi knows this, because of the neighborhood that is close to their home territory had been ransacked the week before and suddenly, it clicks in his head, his wolf vibrating in suppressed anger.

“Get the out of my way.” Yoongi’s anger is growing the longer he’s made to wait while the group of wolves snarl at him.

His coworkers and boss are all cowered in the building, even the smart Alpha that would always refuse Yoongi time off for his family even though the male knows Yoongi’s situation is much different than anyone else’s in the company.

One of the rogues takes a step forward towards Yoongi, making him snarl at the male. “Min Yoongi, you are ordered by the Head Alpha to come with us.” The rogue says, trying to act confident.

If Yoongi could scent the bastard, he’s sure the male who’d spoken was a Beta by how unremarkable he looks. “Who the are you?” Yoongi spits out, his jaw tensing as his fists tighten.

“We’re the new enforcement squad for the Head Alpha.” The male smiles, his tone unaffected by Yoongi’s anger. “We need you to come with us, Min Yoongi. We’d like to do this peacefully, if you will cooperate.” He says.

Yoongi snorts. “If you wanted this to be a peaceful capture, you shouldn’t have brought your squad.” He growls. His wolf’s anger is starting to rise, and he’s sure the red is bleeding into his eyes slowly.

“Our Head Alpha just wants to ask you some question about you and your pack.” The male says, stepping forward again, as if he’s going to walk calmly up to the Beta to take him into custody.

Yoongi freezes. So the new Head Alpha and his group of cronies were the rogue pack that was waging war on the council. The systematic searches make more sense as he stares down the leader of the 15 or so wolves that surround the station. They’ve been assigned to look for him and his friends, and Yoongi’s wolf has a sudden hunch that they’re more likely looking for Hoseok since they’re the pack that the female Alpha was from.

Feeling his phone vibrating in his left pocket, Yoongi frowns. “You can tell your Head Alpha that I am not the type to give up information about my friends, especially to those who want to do them or myself any harm.”

One of the other wolves who’d hung back behind the circle suddenly places a hand on the leader of the group, leaning in to whisper something and Yoongi can tell that something had happened as the leader frowned, taking a step back, turning and talking to the other wolf in hushed whispers for a few moments before he turns back to Yoongi, a scowl on his face. “You got lucky, wolf.” The male growls as he signals something to the others that have circled around, and they take steps back before turning and walking away slowly in the direction of the parking lot.

Yoongi breathes a sigh of relief, turning toward the front door of the station. Whatever is happening at home, it’s more important than going back inside to his job, where he’s sure he’ll be getting fired anyway, so he waves casually at the door, knowing that someone has seen him. He’s feeling a little bittersweet about leaving a job he’s enjoyed, even if the hours were .

He makes it onto the road quickly from the station, taking a few extra turns to see if anyone is following him (they’re not, which he finds odd), and he takes a moment to pull his cell out and see that both Namjoon and Taehyung have called, not once, but several times.

“Joonie?” Yoongi asks as soon as he hears someone pick up the phone, but before the speaker can even identify themselves to the Beta, he hears a loud sob in the background, and he nearly runs into the car in front of him as a spike of fear implants itself into his heart, and he breaks out into a cold sweat.

“Hyung.” A sob tears through the receiver just as Yoongi takes the phone from his ear to see if the call was still connected and Yoongi swears his heart clenches. He’s never heard Namjoon so broken sounding, even when he was disowned by his parental pack for having 2 mates. “Are….are you coming home?” The voice belonging to his Alpha mate makes the wolf in Yoongi cry.

“Joonie, what’s wrong? I’m on my way home. Is someone hurt?” Yoongi asks as he clenches the steering wheel and speeds up down the road. “I called earlier, Taehyung said there were rogues on our territory that you’d gone out to fight them…” 

He’s cut off when Namjoon lets out a shuddering sob. “Get home.” The Alpha sounds a bit calmer, and Yoongi wonders if Namjoon’s wolf is trying to soothe the human side to his mate. “I….we don’t want you to have an accident. Please be safe.”

Yoongi inhales a shaky breath. “Joonie…” He breathes out, worry lacing his voice and he steps on the gas harder, swerving around the car in front of him recklessly.

The call ends as Yoongi hears Jin’s worried voice sound in the background and Yoongi tosses the phone to the passenger seat, both hands now firmly on the wheel as he looks into the rearview mirror for any possible pursuers again before he floors the gas.


A/N: Next week is my spring break, so I get a break from near constant studying for tests! After spring break however, I'll be going back into the mini-hiatus until the first or second week of May, which is when semester finals are. This semester has been tough as hell and I'm just below passing in 2 of my classes, but the next two tests will take care of it. 

Thank you all so much so far for sticking with me! I didn't expect this semester to be so study intensive, that's for sure.