Impending birth!

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

Taehyung fumes for a few days after Ravi’s visit. “Hyung, I’m sure that Ravi will inform us the moment Taejoon is safe and no one is following them.” Jimin tells him a week and a half after the head Alpha had sent off a group of people to the council under the pretense of training, though most of the group is going to spy on the rogue wolves and get information for them.

“I know that,” Taehyung retorts, a frown on his face. “It’s the normal worry of a parent. You’ll understand more when your pup is born.” He says, softening his tone when he sees Jimin flinching from his annoyance.

Jimin’s become more sensitive to emotions the further along in his pregnancy that he gets. Before they know it, Jimin’s nearing his 8th month when they hear from Ravi again about the Alpha’s attempt to infiltrate the council with his spies.

“Ken’s managed to get in close with the doctors who are performing experiments on the prisoners in the council holds.” Ravi tells them, his face solemn. “It’s as Hoseok says. They’re working on new versions of the drugs that was used on Hoseok and the worst part is, they used the data the doctors saved in his file to make better versions of the drugs.”

“What about Taejoon?” Namjoon asks, his face full of worry.

“Taejoon’s being kept safe. It seems they found out he has the same fast healing abilities as Taegi, so they are taking samples from him every once in a while to see if they can replicate the fast healing.” Ravi says, shaking his head. “Ken says they aren’t actually doing anything more than taking blood and tissue samples though. He’s one of the main wolves who is assigned to Taejoon.”

“Any way he can smuggle Taejoon out?” Yoongi asks.

“Right now, no. They have Taejoon in a high security area, but he does get to go outside to play. There is another pup there that Ken says was brought it not long after Taejoon, that they are doing other experiments on, but he doesn’t know what exactly.”

“I’m glad he’s not being used as a drug guinea pig.” Taehyung breathes, his shoulders drooping from the release of tension.

“Ken says that Hyuk has been working with some of the wolves who know the truth about Taejoon.” Ravi says. “He didn’t say it outright, but I believe they are working on a way to get the pups out of there before we go to war.”

“Has it come down to war to removing Kai from power and removing the threat of the rogue pack?” Jin asks.

Ravi nods. “There will be a southern Pack meeting soon to talk about the threats that Kai and his pack have made against the current peace that the council had enforced.” He looks at Namjoon. “I’d like it if you came, Namjoon. You are both a witness to Kai’s treachery, and the Alpha of your Pack.”

Namjoon’s eyes widen, and he looks around at the others. “Me? Pack Alpha? Are you sure?” He asks, incredulous.

Jungkook nods. “You are the stronger Alpha of the two of us, hyung.” He admits. “You have been since before we fled the city.”

Namjoon sighs. “Alright.” He tells Ravi.

“I’ll let you know when the meeting is.” Ravi says before he leaves.

Jimin comes down from where he’d been taking a nap not long after, right in the middle of a discussion between Namjoon, Jungkook and Jin as Taehyung makes lunch and Hoseok is busy watching Taegi and Jinkook. “What did I miss?” He asks, blinking sleep away and yawing as Taegi comes up to pat Jimin’s protruding belly.

“Namjoon’s our Pack Alpha.” Yoongi tells him as he sits down with a glass of juice. “Ravi came by to tell us that Taejoon is ok. They found out he can rapidly heal like Taegi.”

Jimin nods as he moves to the fridge, grabbing a container that has his name on it.

Even though this pregnancy is going much better than his first one, Jimin still feels a bit of a disconnect, something that the clinic doctor had warned him about. Even though Jimin feels excited to see his unborn pup, he can’t help but feel sad that his first pup didn’t make it.

Hoseok has been a perfect mate since his near full recovery from the assault. He even made sure to make a proper memorial ceremony for their first pup. Even now with preparations being made for war against Kai and the rogue pack, Hoseok has made sure to pamper Jimin, though the Beta still has occasional nightmares that they don’t tell the others about. Hoseok, for the most part, has nearly fully recovered from the drug overdose and withdrawal.

2 weeks before Jimin is due, Namjoon leaves Jungkook in charge, and goes with Ravi to the Pack meeting, and comes back 3 days later, a grim look on his face. The southern Packs have agreed to go to war against Kai, but they refused to extract Taejoon from the council before they attack.

“Ravi and I agreed that Taejoon is a priority since the other Packs won’t do anything about it.” Namjoon tells everyone. “So he’s sending Ken and Hyuk messages both about the impending attacks, and telling them to extract Taejoon and flee the city before war breaks out.”

Namjoon explains to them that Ravi had told the southern Pack leaders about Taejoon’s ability to heal faster than normal, but it still didn’t sway the others into wanting to extract the pup.

Ravi’s pack is busy with war preparations the closer Jimin gets to his due date. Hoseok is torn between pampering his mate as much as possible, and helping Yoongi with the Beta training that the Pack has been doing.

Jimin wakes one morning a few days later, his back aching as he feels his pup shifting lower than what Jimin is used to. “Ugh.” He groans into Hoseok’s shoulder, surprised his mate has been able to sleep next to him as Jimin had tossed and turned all night.

“What’s wrong baby?” Hoseok wakes, sitting up to look at Jimin.

“The pup is moving.” Jimin groans, clutching onto Hoseok’s arm as he winces at the movement.

“Are you going into labor?” Hoseok asks, worry lacing his voice. “Do you need to go to the clinic, or should I bring the doctor here?”

Jimin shakes his head. “No, I don’t think I’m in labor yet.” He says. “It’s just painful where the pup is moving to.”

Hoseok moves to see his mate better, and notices that Jimin’s wincing doesn’t really go away over the next hour as the Omega tries to get more comfortable before giving up.

“Might as well go downstairs and start breakfast.” Jimin huffs as he struggles to sit up.

Hoseok helps Jimin up, and watches as his mate waddles toward the door, jaw dropping. “Jimin.” He says, throwing the covers off and rushing to his mate. “I think you are in labor. Look at the bed.”

A small red stain where Jimin had been laying, evidence that the Omega is in labor as he gasps, looking at Hoseok. They’d been warned that the closer Jimin got to his due date, he had a chance of spotting before his water broke.

“.” Jimin sags against Hoseok. “Ok.” He takes a deep breath. “What do we do? The doctor wants me to give birth at the clinic, but my instincts want me to give birth here.”

“Your water hasn’t broke yet, so we have to go to the doctor.” Hoseok reminds him, holding Jimin close.

Jimin sighs again in response, nodding his head. “I know.”

Jimin lets Hoseok guide him down the stairs, where Yoongi, surprisingly, is awake with Taegi. “He’s had a small fever the last couple of hours.” The Beta says in response to Hoseok’s raised eyebrow.

“Oh. Jimin’s in labor.” Hoseok says.

“You need help getting over to the clinic?” Yoongi asks.

“Naw, we should be ok. You take care of Taegi.” Jimin responds, voice pained.

The pup starts to stir in the playpen where Yoongi’s had him resting quietly, whining fitfully as he turns towards Jimin and Hoseok.

Jimin groans again, and Hoseok nods at Yoongi. “Let the others know about us going over ok?” He says as he starts steering Jimin toward the door.

“Will do.” Yoongi nods.

The walk to the clinic takes longer than normal as Jimin has to stop several times to take deep breaths before they can continue, and by the time they make it to the clinic, Jimin’s water breaks.

Hoseok barely remembers much of what happened after that as the doctor and her two assistants push Jimin into a birthing room, and tell Hoseok to wait a few minutes while the doctor gets Jimin ready for birth.

Because of the remote area that Ravi’s Pack lives in, they didn’t get a chance to find out the of their pup before its birth. The only thing they know is that Taegi has repeated over and over again that their pup is his.

Hoseok is allowed in with Jimin after 15 minutes when one of the assistants comes out to inform him that the doctor wants Hoseok in because their pup was coming fast.

Jimin’s scared. He’s in pain, but not nearly as bad as it had been when he’d lost their first pup. Hoseok being with him is reassuring, but all Jimin can concentrate on is his breathing. 


A/N: I had a bit of writers block after my friend's wedding, and so this chapter sat mostly unedited until today. I apologize for the long wait!

Camp NaNoWriMo started on the 1st of July, and while I got off to a rocky start, it did help me overcome the writers block, as I've started the third installment of this series. Yes, sad to say, this part of the trilogy will be coming to an end, though I'm not sure how many more chapters will be written before we transition to the next installment.

In other news, I've been on a job hunt the last 2 months, and finally landed a nice job working monday-friday from 8am to 5pm at an eye clinic as an LPN so I'm super excited for that! I don't start until the 19th though, so I've got approximately a week of being lazy until I start work. I don't expect to have another chapter up this month between the new job and a cousin's wedding at the end of the month.

I do hope you all enjoyed the chapter! My only question is....what will Hoseok and Jimin name their baby? I'd love to read your suggestions (for boy or girl) as I'm stuck on what to call it!