A special pup

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

Jin and Taehyung clean up after lunch, while Namjoon, Yoongi and Jimin all make their phone calls.

Yoongi’s the first one to come back to the living room, a grim look on his face. “They didn’t answer, which is what I figured would happen.” He says to Hoseok, getting ready to set down when Jin comes back into the room with the first aid kit and what looks like fresh bandages.

“No answer?” Jin asks, seeing Yoongi.

The Beta shakes his head. ‘Nope. You gonna change Taegi’s bandage?” He asks.

“Yep.” Jin nods. “You can help me if you like. It’ll probably go better.”

Hoseok helps get the area ready and just as Jin pulls the old bandage off of Taegi, Jimin comes back into the room, pale and looking upset.

“What’s wrong?” Hoseok is suddenly up and embracing his mate, a move that reminds them of how Hoseok used to be before everything happened.

“I think his wolf is being really dormant, not in a coma anymore.” Jin murmurs as they watch Jimin shake his head silently as Hoseok pulls him close. “Yoongi…look at this.” Jin says in shock.

Yoongi tears his eyes away from Jimin to look down at the bare chest of his son, and gasps in surprise. “How…we don’t have…holy .”

“What’s wrong?” The Beta/Omega mates are there when they hear Yoongi gasp.

“He…Taegi….the wound he had was bad yesterday…today it looks like just a scratch…..” Jin trails off.

“Taehyung, get in here!” Jimin forgets about his phone call, running into the kitchen where the other Omega is doing dishes. “Tae, come quick. Something amazing happened!”

Taehyung wipes off his hands, a confused expression on his face as he follows Jimin into the living room, being tugged close by Hoseok and he gasps. “My baby.” He stares at the pink line that the day before was a mess of blood and skin and baby fat.

“Namjoon needs to see this.” Jin says, glancing up at everyone. “I think….no….this…” He pauses to take a breath. “I know Taehyung the docs said your pregnancy and being able to conceive a pup for each mate at the same time was rare…but….this….the scientists at the council speculated that we wolves would start evolving to compensate for the losses suffered during the wars, but…I…, that means Taejoon is more important now to get back…and….” He trails off, the weight of the pup’s enhanced healing hitting him.

“Does this mean that Jinkook is going to have something too?” Jungkook asks, having returned from doing a quick run of their territory to assure they don’t have any unwanted visitors.

“I don’t know.” Jin says, sitting back as Taegi blinks up at them.

“We need to keep this quiet for now.” Yoongi says, looking up at everyone. “Regardless of where we go, and who we encounter, none of us can say a word about Taegi’s healing unless someone sees something. I don’t want him, or Jinkook taken away under the pretense that they need to be studied like some ing animals at the council and would defeat one of the reasons why we’re leaving.”

The others nod, knowing that Yoongi’s right just as Namjoon comes into the room, a smile on his face. “Good news!” He smiles, but falters in his next words as he sees the seriousness of their face. “What’s going on?” He asks instead, the smile turning to a frown instantly.

“Uh, it’s nothing bad hyung!” Taehyung jumps up from where he’s crouched next to Yoongi as Taegi. “It’s just that…Taegi healed faster than we expected.” He says, pulling Namjoon over.

Namjoon looks down, seeing the almost healed scar across Taegi’s chest, and blinks. “Well .”

**

Once they get over the shock of Taegi’s rapid healing, Namjoon tells them that his phone call was successful and they’re going to be heading towards Gwangju, where the pack who’d called for him had relocated after the rogue pack tried, and failed, to take over that pack not long after Namjoon had been there.

It doesn’t take much for them to pack up any remaining items they want to take, scouring the bedrooms for any forgotten items, and jamming them into the second vehicle. As it is, they don’t have quite enough room to take everything in one vehicle, and Jin makes the suggestion that they take some of their reserve cash and buy a van or something to hold everyone.

“Maybe once we’re out a bit further than the city.” Namjoon says to Jin as the others are finishing up loading. “If the rogue pack is waiting for us to make a move, that would be the first one, especially since we are fleeing the city to protect Hoseok instead of going after Taejoon.” He adds.

“I don’t think the alpha or whomever is running this rogue pack is very smart.” Yoongi throws in as he adjusts the snapback he’s wearing over his colored hair. “But on that note, they may have pictures of what we currently look like, so I’m proposing the first place we spend the night in, we get some boxed dye and go to town on our hair.”

And that’s how they ended up in some town past Yongin, in a small 2 bed motel that night with 7 boxes of hair dye in various colors. Taehyung and Jimin giggling over how Namjoon’s dye job ended up being a failure and his hair is some screwed up hue of green, Yoongi’s hair had taken on a funky grey coloring that he’s never done before. Jin had opted to try the blonde coloring, which made him look like a completely different person, though Jungkook had to take him outside the bathroom and kiss his mate breathless with the change while Jimin and Taehyung worked on Hoseok’s hair.

Jungkook and Hoseok had both opted for the two shades of brunette brown, until Hoseok suddenly grabbed the left over dye from Jin’s hair, and threw some odd blonde streaks on the front, making him look more foreign like. Jimin had taken the bluish black coloring, which left Taehyung with the red coloring that made him look younger than he already was.

The two pups had fallen asleep sometime between Namjoon’s hair, and Jin’s, and didn’t stir when they’d taken turns showering after the dye jobs, packing up the few belongings they’d taken out and left the motel to continue traveling. The less time they spent in one place while they traveled, the less chances of being spotted and potentially recognized, so by the time they’d stopped in Jeonju to exchange both vehicles for a passenger van, Namjoon’s pretty sure that whomever might be trying to tail them is having a harder time of it.

It would be hard for anyone in the council to trace them though, seeing as Namjoon, Jin, Taehyung, Hoseok and Jungkook had ditched their council phones with the territory they’d left behind.

They spend the night in a motel off the beaten path, and Namjoon makes a call to inform the alpha of the Pack they’ll be staying with to tell him they’re almost there when Hoseok suddenly, and unexpectedly shifts while taking clothes out of his bag.

“Holy !” Yoongi exclaims, the snack he’d been munching on falling out of his mouth.

“Jimin!” Jin’s at the door of the bathroom, where Jimin’s taking a shower, knocking as Hoseok’s wolf form sniffs the air, growls and suddenly is cornering Jin.

“Down pup.” Namjoon lets his alpha voice through, and it seems to register in Hoseok’s mind that Jin isn’t trying to harm his mate, as he stops growling and sits back, whining in apology to Jin.

“It’s ok Hoseok.” Jin smiles shakily, reaching out to let Hoseok his hand.

Taegi seems to find Hoseok fascinating as the pup pops into his wolf form, barking at Hoseok to get his attention, but the older werewolf simply ignores the pup, instead focusing on the bathroom door.

Jimin opens the bathroom door a moment later, his hair covered by a towel as he steps out, and bumps into his mate, whose tail is wagging suddenly as Hoseok stands up to whine at him.

“What’s going on….oh holy .” Jimin gasps, seeing Hoseok. He leans down, and Hoseok rears up on his hind legs to at Jimin all over his face. “I can’t believe you shifted.” He says and they all can smell the tears that Hoseok is off of Jimin’s face.

Hoseok stays in his wolf form as the others sleep, with Namjoon and Jungkook taking turns to stand watch for any possible threats.

The pack Alpha is nice, welcoming them all the next day with open arms, explaining that he’s not going to force them to join his pack and he’s willing to do whatever it takes to bring down the rogue pack.

The Alpha goes by the name Ravi, and Namjoon explains that he, Ravi and Yoongi were all in the same classes in high school, and has only recently become the pack Alpha of the territory.

Jin and Taehyung are surrounded by younger Omegas who coo and fawn over Taegi and Jinkook. Jimin and Hoseok find themselves being lead towards a medical looking building, as the Beta who leads them explains that the pack Alpha had asked Namjoon to allow their pack doctors to look at Hoseok and Jimin both to see if anything has changed.

Jungkook sticks with Namjoon and Yoongi, and the trio follow the pack Alpha to his office to talk specifics.

It’s not until later that night when they meet up in their new home that Hoseok shifts back from his wolf form.

“How do you feel?” Namjoon asks as they sit in the living room, the house had been specially built for them with 4 bedrooms, a nursery, a reinforced basement with a heat room, and both the kitchen and living room large enough to hold them comfortably.

“Like I got run over by a truck.” Hoseok groans, burying his face into Jimin’s chest. “But in a good way.” He admits.


A/N: I am going on vacation with my hubby to Japan from May 22nd to June 4th, so I mostly likely won't be able to do any updates until we get back. I don't expect to have reliable internet even at the hotels we are staying in. I'm working on the final chapters, and probably will finish writing up the ending on the 14 hour plane ride, but I wanted to let you dear readers know that this story will be ending in a few chapters. 

Don't fret though, as there is a sequel to this. Writing fight scenes isn't easy and I feel the upcoming 'in story' war deserves its own spotlight before we reach the actual end of the series. I've had this planned out since HYYH pt 2 came out with the Prologue, and how the videos for I Need U and Run were sort of connected (which the video for Young Forever added to it). I probably won't start posting the third story until either end of June, or mid July. I need to find a job while i look for a new nursing school. 

Speaking of BTS comebacks. OMFG how GD adorable are the boys?!?! My favorite off the full album hands down has to be the song Save Me, followed by Fire. I have not been able to go more than a day since BigHit dropped the Save Me MV without watching it, or the Fire MV at least one time (usually more!)

I am so so proud to call myself an ARMY, and I am so thankful to everyone who reads my fics! Even if you are a silent reader, or leave comments or sub, your support means a lot to me! 

With that being said, please do leave a comment or an upvote or subscribe if you like what you read. See you guys in a few weeks!