Butterfly

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

Yoongi has tears in his eyes as he tells his friends, his mates about his ty childhood. Taehyung clings to him tightly, pressing his face into Yoongi’s side as he feels Namjoon’s hands come down on his shoulders, the move comforting Yoongi more than he’ll admit.

“Let’s do it.” Jimin says, looking up at Hoseok before looking at the others. “Let’s contact your parents and see if they’ll help.” A change in the breeze from the doorway raises goosebumps on Yoongi’s arms and the conversation dies down as a single monarch butterfly, it’s orange and black colorings standing out in stark contrast to the darkness of the living room, flutters down and lands perfectly onto Jimin’s arm, the Omega staring at it in awe as it moves and flaps it wings a bit before it suddenly moves from Jimin’s arm to the arm Hoseok has wrapped around his mate.

The silence is deafening but after a few minutes going between the mates, the butterfly lifts up like it senses something and flutters gently out the door the same way it came in and both Jimin and Hoseok let out identical sighs.

“Hold on, before we jump into things too quickly,” Namjoon’s frown breaks the spell of the butterfly and everyone looks up to the tall Alpha. “If we do get in contact with Yoongi’s parents, who’s to say they won’t rat us out to this rogue pack?”

“What do you suggest then hyung?” Taehyung asks, his voice still hoarse from crying earlier.

“I know that my parents disowned me officially when I told them about mating you two, but I still have a speaking relation with them.” Namjoon says. “They were wanting to come down to see the twins before Hoseok’s attack, and….well this’ll give us a reason to go.”

“Don’t they run the pack in Ilsan though?” Hoseok asks.

“Not since my younger sister mated with a rival’s Alpha son.” Namjoon shakes his head. “Since Father disowned me he gave up the Head Alpha title to my sister’s mate, with the promise that the first Alpha pup they have becomes the successor.”

They sit around the room a bit longer before Jin gets up. “I’m going to see what we have for leftovers and make some sort of dinner.” He says. “Can two of you take care of the rotting corpses on our front lawn before we come to a final decision?” He asks of Jungkook and Namjoon, probably the only two who are capable of doing such a task in the moment since Yoongi is cuddling Taehyung, and Hoseok won’t let Jimin out of his sight.

“Sure thing hyung.” Jungkook squeezes Jin’s arm in silent thanks as his mate moves to head into the kitchen.

Taegi is still laying in the play pen that they’d brought up from downstairs, the pup sleeping in order to heal, and Yoongi hasn’t let his son out of sight since he’d coaxed Namjoon up from the basement. There’s no use in trying to track the wolf who’d taken Taejoon, they know it was the group of rogue wolves who have been systemically scouring the neighborhoods in the city for Hoseok.

The dinner goes uneventfully, and no one wants to move from the house, even though the door is gone from the front, and the smell of blood still lingers in the air, but Jin brings out thick blankets for them all to snuggle into, and Jungkook finds the extra pillows he and Jimin had stashed away when Hoseok was still recovering in bed and they make a big pile of pillows and blankets for everyone to crowd into, keeping Taegi in the corner in the playpen, though it looks like the wound the pup had sustained is healing at a faster pace than anyone remembers a wolf healing. Jinkook is fast asleep, tucked into blankets in the playpen as well, though Jin put a pillow between them so Jinkook couldn’t accidentally hit the older pup in his sleep.

 **

“Where the is my mates son!?” Yoongi screams as he stands in the basement of one of the spare houses, his anger over Taejoon’s kidnapping overwhelming his wolf. “AHHH.” Yoongi screams, his wolf dangerously close to the surface, still angry over everything. The Beta turns, his anger white hot and he steps over to the table full of bottles and sweeps them off towards the stairs in a fit of rage, the crashing of the bottles against the concrete doing nothing for the ache that continues to roar in Yoongi’s heart.

“HYUNG!” Jungkook leaps over to Yoongi, grabbing the older wolf by his shoulder, spinning him around. “Stop this! Getting mad isn’t going to solve things!” He says even as Yoongi pushes him away.

“Yah!!” Yoongi’s too far caught up in his wolf’s rage to listen to Jungkook, the Beta bending over in his frustration.

Jungkook goes to Yoongi again, pushing himself against the Beta, grabbing Yoongi in a hug as the older wolf heaves with the efforts of his anger, and grunts as Yoongi punches him in the stomach, pushing him against one of the closed doors in the basement. “Ugh.” Jungkook groans, looking up at Yoongi. His own eyes are flickering between gold and red, his wolf angry that the Beta isn’t calming down.

“Damn it hyung, don’t make me do this.” He huffs, taking quick strides and his right fist comes up to catch Yoongi on the corner of his mouth, the Beta stumbling back from the force of the punch to the stairs. Jungkook goes over to pick Yoongi up and holds onto to him, tears streaking down his own cheeks. “Hyung, come to your senses, please!” He pleads, his wolf lacing his voice.

“ you.” Yoongi spits, tossing Jungkook aside as the anger continues to rage inside the Beta, and Jungkook lands with a grunt onto the floor, the tender side where he’d been punched landing into the base of the love seat they’d shoved down the stairs for Yoongi to crash on.

The young Alpha watches in disbelief as Yoongi’s picked up a chair, tossing it in his rage against the wall shattering a mirror before he stops, back stiff as the Beta’s senses overload, and he drops, his rage given way to sorrow as Jungkook hears Yoongi start to cry.

**

Jungkook wakes with an audible gasp, his heart beating erratic in his chest and his body sticky with sweat. He takes a moment to gather his bearings and looks up to see Jin looking at him from his spot in their huge werewolf pile, a questioning look on his face.

“Bad dream.” Jungkook croaks out in response to his mate’s unspoken question. They’re the closest to the pups in the playpen of the pile, with Namjoon closest to the entryway of the living room next to the front door, and Jungkook swallows hard as his gaze sweeps over the others, landing on Yoongi’s peaceful face for a moment longer.

None of them had been sure that the rogues would send another scouting party towards them, not when they’d managed to kill 3 of the rogue wolves, and the remaining members had gotten a hold of Taejoon, but the idea to have someone guarding the open front of the house got nixed in favor of Namjoon sleeping closest to the door. Jungkook gives himself a small shake, getting up as Jin lays back down, heading to the kitchen for a drink of water.

An unusual sound from outside makes Jungkook freeze in the act of taking a drink, and he almost chokes on the water in his mouth as a mournful howl permeates the air. It doesn’t sound like a werewolf’s howl, and Jungkook’s heard that wild wolves still run around in the forests near the city, but this is the first time he’s heard a wild wolf since they’d moved.

The howl wakes the others, and all 3 Omegas stand in front of the playpen as Namjoon cautiously goes outside, Yoongi standing guard at the door and Hoseok behind him. Jungkook stays in the kitchen, where he can see the back yard of the house, watching for anything suspicious.

“It’s just wild wolves.” Namjoon’s voice croaks, still laced with traces of sleep. “There’s a small pack on the edge of the houses that leads into the city.”

The wolves don’t move from their spot while the group gets on with their day. Namjoon and Jungkook Taehyung and Yoongi over to their house to gather the things they’ll need for Taegi, and start packing up essentials for leaving and Jungkook has to distract himself when he hears Taehyung start to cry as he packs up the twin’s things.

“What do you think will happen to our pup?” Taehyung asks tearfully as Namjoon holds the blanket his son slept with.

“Worst case, he’ll be killed.” Namjoon says, his voice tight with unshed tears. “I can only hope that they’ll take him to their leader, and he’ll raise Taejoon until he matures.”

“What if they use him as bait to lure us in?” Yoongi asks from the doorway.

“As much as I know I’ll want to go save him, we can’t fall for any of their tricks.” Namjoon replies. “They’re ultimate goal is probably getting Hoseok, so that stupid of an Alpha can either claim him, or kill him, and as heartbreaking as it is to lose our pup, I’d rather keep Hoseok safe than risk all our lives to save Taejoon.”

“Do you think he’ll come look for us?” Taehyung asks, his voice small.

Namjoon looks at Taehyung, his chest tight with worry. “I don’t know, but we can only hope.”

**

By the time they gather for lunch, most of the group has essentials packed, and Jin’s already had Jungkook pull things from the largest vehicle they have, though he thinks that it’ll be a very tight fit for the 7 adults and 2 car seats for the pups.

“So, now that we’ve had a day to calm down and think about things,” Namjoon says as they finish up lunch, “We need to make a final decision on 2 things. Where we are going, and are we going to fight back against this rogue pack?”

“Of course we’re going to fight them.” Jimin speaks up, his tone serious. “No one tries to take my mate by force and gets away with it.” He growls.

“I feel the same.” Hoseok speaks up, sounding more and more like his old self. “They killed our child all over a stupid crush.” He spits. “She should have died when they found her guilty.”

And there’s the anger phase of withdrawal.’ Namjoon thinks, as they listen to Hoseok. He’d been wondering when the Beta would actually move into the anger phase, which means his body is healing from the damage inflicted by the drug on his system.

“Wait, not to sound mean or anything, but are we sure that the rogue wolves that are taking over the city and kidnapped Taejoon are the same pack as that female?” Jin asks, his eyes wide.

“Why else would they be sending out scouting parties to find Hoseok?” Yoongi asks. “Of course it’s the same pack. Jin, you don’t know this because you’ve been big city pack your entire life, but the rural pack and smaller city packs don’t always operate the same.” He says, looking at the Omega, his tone calm and patient. “Most of the rural packs place a big emphasis on Alphas, going so far as to elevate them sometimes to a near god like status.”

“Yeah hyung, remember the reason why I left my parental pack? Power trip crazy Alpha who broke the rules and marked those he thought would be Omegas when they were born?” Jimin pipes up.

“Not to mention, the corruption that we suspected that is happening the council. Sure it may have mattered a little bit that she’s a rare female Alpha, but the laws are pretty clear, anyone caught taking another wolf’s mate is automatically sentenced to death, and the fact they kept her locked up in the isolation cells instead of executing her is a big violation of the laws the council enforces.”

“Remember when you guys got discharged from the hospital?” Namjoon asks. “I remember Yoongi hyung getting a call from a listener that the pack of that female Alpha had suddenly moved and had convinced the listener’s pack Alpha to join their cause.”

Jin’s eyes widen in recognition. “Of course.” He exclaims. “That’s the reason why you guys weren’t picking up your phones when we got discharged.”

“So, we need to decide now, where are we going to go? If we plan on fighting the rogues, and getting Taejoon back, we will also need the back up of more wolves.” Namjoon says, bringing the conversation back to the topic on hand.

“I still think we need to go

“What about the packs that asked for you when the twins were born?” Jungkook pipes up.

“ I didn’t think of that.” Namjoon sits back, a thoughtful look on his face. “I kept in contact with the Alpha of the pack that contacted me, so maybe I should give them a call.”

“What’s the worst that happens?” Jungkook asks. “They either got assimilated into this rogue packs cause, or they resisted or stayed out of it.”

Namjoon looks at the others and sees the resolve on their faces. “Ok. I’ll call the Alpha here in a moment, but I think we should have a backup plan just in case they fall through.”

“I still say Yoongi’s parents will be a good option.” Jimin says, looking at the Beta. “I’ve no doubt my parents or the city packs that live in Busan are compromised, and what better way to get to Hoseok than through me?” He adds.

“Oh, you’ve been thinking about this, haven’t you?” Yoongi asks, an eyebrow raised at the Omega.

“It would make sense, considering what little we know of them.” Jin agrees. “Add in the fact that Jimin’s parents know about what happened with Hoseok, they’d be willing to do whatever these sick wolves want to ensure that things go back to ‘normal’.”

“I wouldn’t put it past them to have already made contact with your parents, Jimin, probably under the gist that they found a way to help Hoseok recover his wolf nature fully.” Namjoon adds. “If my hunch about the council being compromised is right, then I wouldn’t put it past some of those idiot doctors in there to have sided or been one of the rogues and intent on fulfilling his orders, probably from that alpha.”

Yoongi sighs. “Alright. Namjoon, you call that Alpha of that pack, and I’ll call my parents. Maybe Jimin should call his, just to see what they say.” He adds almost as an afterthought. “It wouldn’t hurt to assess if they’ve already been contacted, or know about the attack here.”

He leaves it unsaid, but the fact of the council being compromised is a reality they don’t want to have happen, since the council was the one who set all the pack protocols, both in Korea, and for Korean packs spread out internationally as colony packs.


A/N: well, my semester is finally over.

The good news? I passed the majority of my classes and clinical. 

The bad news? I failed my 3rd class, which means I'm being academically dismissed from the program.

Which means I'm now looking at the other 2 colleges in the town I live in, which are like double the tuition rate that the university is. (aka, more student debt, FML)

It also means I have to find a job while I apply to the other two schools and see who will take me now that I've failed out of my program, so I can start paying off some of that student loan debt already acquired. 

Also the hubby and I are going on vacation to Japan this year, so in exactly 2 weeks we'll be getting ready to fly out. (eek I'm super excited!).Word has it that Kyuhyun from Super Junior is doing some of his Japan concert dates while we're there, AND apparently BTS is doing the 'Run' single release in Tokyo and Osaka! *crosses fingers I might get to get a glimpse of them*

Anywhoo...I don't have a schedule yet for regular updates, but rest assured, I'll have at least one more chapter before we fly out. I hope you all are doing well and those who still have major exams coming up, good luck!! Thank you all for being with me so far and let me know what you think!