Epilogue

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

A few months pass, and Namjoon and Yoongi are able to bring Taehyung back to their Pack house after the Omega has gained enough weight that he’s no longer tired just from climbing stairs. No one pressures Taehyung about what he had to endure the 5 years he was held captive by Kai. They all knew he would open up to them about it, but it would take time.

After the war, the country slowly picks up the pieces, new laws and council members are put into place and reporting systems and new technology brought over from America help diagnose and treat any shifters who are found to be overly aggressive. No one wants a repeat of the disaster and destruction that Kai and his group of rogue wolves had brought to their world.

Now that no one is hunting them down, Namjoon suggests they find a parcel of land that they can call their own territory again, instead of freeloading on Ravi’s Pack lands, even though the Alpha has offered them safety and jobs among his pack.

The others agree, especially if it helps Taehyung recover more from his time with Kai. Jimin’s nearly ready to give birth to his and Hoseok’s second pup, and their house no longer can support having more than 4 growing shifters and 7 grown ones.

They bid farewell to Ravi, and the rest of the VIXX pack a month before Jimin’s due, with promises of keeping in touch once they find a place to settle down.

They finally settle down in a nice territory that reminds Taehyung of their first house right after Jimin had joined their small pack, and it’s more than therapeutic for the traumatized Omega. It has just the right amount of houses, clustered close enough together that really the only addition Namjoon, Jungkook and Hoseok make to the houses are enclosed and reinforced walkways between them, connecting the 3 houses into one huge house.

Jin and Jungkook insisted on taking the first house, the one closest toward the road that leads to the city from their home, settling in quietly with Jinkook. It’s the house with the smallest amount of bedrooms, though no one really mentions it in front of Jin. He’s been told by the VIXX pack doctor that he’s probably infertile considering Jinkook is nearing his 7th birthday. Most Omegas by his age have had 3 or more pups. After all the fuss over Taehyung and the work everyone has been putting in to help the fragile Omega recover from his 5 years with Kai, Jin can’t bring himself to admit to Jungkook or the others that he can’t sustain a pregnancy, having miscarried twice, once before Taehyungs return, and one not long before they left the VIXX pack.

Namjoon, Taehyung and Yoongi take the middle house, which seems to have the most bedrooms of the 3 houses. Taejoon and Taegi end up with their own bedrooms, and Namjoon gets an office to work out off, having contracted with the new Council for his psychology services long distance. The original master bedroom of the house is gutted immediately after moving in, and they remove a wall from the adjoining bedroom to make it big enough for the 3 mates.

The third house, Jimin and Hoseok loved from the moment they saw it. It was big enough for them with Hope, and their soon to be second child, plus some rooms in case they have more pups.

Jimin starts nesting the moment they get the last of their furniture moved in, stuff that Hoseok, Jungkook and Namjoon had gone to purchase while Jin, Yoongi and Jimin had taken Taehyung to the small hot springs they’d found 20 minutes from their new territory with their batch of pups.

It’s no surprise that the twins are never far from Taehyung, even Hope has taken to helping with Taehyung and Jimin has to hold back from cooing at the care and attention that the pups give to Taehyung.

Even though each house has its own kitchen and dining area, Yoongi and Hoseok end up making a patio area, originally intended for relaxation and entertainment times, which becomes the place where they have their meals. The patio is huge in their back yard, with a large covered pavilion to shield them from the rain, the sun and has ways to enclose it so they can use it in the winter time.

Not far down the road from their new home is a quaint strip mall type area, which has quickly filled with shops of all varieties, allowing for the group to walk to the store whenever they need groceries, or clothes. One spot sits empty, a former doctor’s office that had been abandoned during the war when people were fleeing the capital city for the safety and sanctuary the South had provided to refugees.

Jimin’s days away from giving birth, and no suitable clinic or hospital close that they feel safe sending the Omega too, when Jin proposes that he take over the empty doctor’s office. He’s still licensed to be a doctor from the old Council, and it doesn’t take much to find out that the Council is honoring his license from before the war, only that he’s required to check in for a monthly evaluation and inspection from the Council’s new doctorial head.

After asking around, Jin finds out that the doctor who’d had the clinic before, had died in the war, and no one had been willing to take over the slot since then as the doctor had died because he’d refused to comply with Kai’s laws and restrictions on doctors.

The busy work of cleaning up the office, setting up new equipment, sterilizing operative instruments and getting it ready to see patients, plus an operative suite for emergency patients keeps Jin’s mind away from the self-depressing thoughts that he will probably never be able to give Jungkook another child, even as Jinkook grows and starts exhibiting signs that he will end up presenting as an Omega like Jin.

It also keeps the worry from Jin’s mind that Jinkook will present early like he did at the age of 12 instead of 16.

Jimin goes into labor the day after Jin officially opens the clinic doors. Jin had been lucky when he’d asked the shop ahjummas in the strip mall to spread the word that he was looking for nurses and maybe a couple other doctors that had a good standing license with the new Council, specifically a doctor who specialized in labor and delivery.

Jimin and Hoseok’s second pup is also a girl and ends up being named Jiseok. She’s healthy and Jimin’s healthy enough that the new doctor Jin’s hired releases them within a couple of days.

Things seem to settle down, routines starting to form, and soon it’s time for the twins to start back to school, and Jinkook to his first year of school. Jimin’s busy taking care of Hope and Jiseok and Taehyung has been making leaps and bounds with a female therapist who comes twice a week to work with Taehyung on reintegrating into his bond with Namjoon and Yoongi.

It’s not surprising that Taehyung hasn’t had an actual heat in nearly 6 years, and they’d been warned when Taehyung had been brought back that the Omega may never have a heat again because of all the messed up fertility drugs that Kai had forced him to take. The lack of heats makes it harder for Taehyung when it comes time for the trio to remark the Omega, but they somehow manage to get through the process with only a few tears shed by each one of them.

They celebrate birthdays, achievements for the pups at school, and before anyone knows it, it’s been a year since they’d moved, and Jiseok’s first birthday is coming up. Jin celebrates one year of opening his clinic, which has become very successful and he’s ended up having to hire on a couple more doctors and more nurses to handle the overwhelming amount of patients they see every day. He’s even contemplating asking to build a new building not far from the strip mall and still within a 10 minute walk to home.

Time moves forward, and with it Taehyung seems to come back to his old self, though he’s much more reserved when they take the pups out for things. His hair has finally faded to a more natural looking brownish-blond, rather than the stark blonde he’d been sporting during his time with Kai, something that he admits Kai made him do to contrast the tyrant Alpha’s dark hair, as if to make Kai look devilish and more evil while Taehyung was supposed to portray his innocent, fragile looking ‘mate’.

Looking back on everything, how happy and loved Hoseok and Jimin are, how Namjoon and Yoongi both dote on Taehyung, and even how cuddly Jungkook still is to Jin, and the other members of their small Pack, Jin thinks he wouldn’t have it any other way.

The hardships they’ve faced, the future problems they’ll have when Hope and Taegi present and want to mate, the someday when Taejoon, Jiseok and Jinkook present and become full shifters and finding their mates, Jin’s pretty sure they’re more than capable of handling anything that comes their way.

They are the BTS pack, and no one dares to mess with them no matter what conflicts arise in their world.


A/N: I wanted to get this up for Jimin's birthday on the 13th, but we ended up having a small internet outage, followed by our home network's server locking up our internet connection the next day. I've been editing and re-editing this chapter and while for the most part I feel it's a fitting ending, I know you all won't be satisfied, which is why I've gone ahead and written a bonus chapter that I will be proofing and posting next week. 

Taehyung's story of what happened the 5 years he was with Kai is currently being written. I know I'd promised to have the first chapter up a week after the final for Bulletproof went up, but I'm currently also prepping for NaNoWriMo this year, so that chapter may not be posted until mid November. 

I am so grateful for the comments, the upvotes, and YOU the subscribers and readers who have continued to support me as a writer. It truly means a lot! I hope you all will still be with me during Taehyung's story.

Last but not least....I am loving BTS's new album Wings, and the comeback stages are amazing and Yoongi with his black hair is KILLING my poor ARMY heart. (yes, Yoongi is my UB, something I realized earlier this year while writing some drabbles that may or may not ever see the light of this site). 

I love you all and thank you so much for your support!