Naming of the Twins!

Bulletproof No More, my Butterfly

Park Jimin sighs as he reaches out for the sippy cup of water, handing it to the sniffling pup as the poor thing hiccups from his recent bout of crying. “You sure know how to make your Uncle worry.” He said to the pup, who whimpers in response.

Kim Taehyung, one of the fathers to the pup is in the other room with the pup’s twin, putting the older of the two down for a much needed nap while Jimin takes on the doting Omega uncle role.

“I will be so glad when Namjoon gets home and we can name them already.” Taehyung sighs as he enters the room, his already thin Omega frame even more pronounced in the 5 months since he’s given birth.

“Yoongi-hyung must be miserable being back to work while you are stuck with the twins all the time.” Jimin says as the younger Omega settles down on the floor from his younger pup.

“He is.” Taehyung mumbles, laying his head down on Jimin’s thigh as the older boy shifts on the couch.

“When did the council say Namjoon was coming back?” Jimin asks, as he watches the pup remove the sippy cup from his mouth, dropping it in favor of crawling to his mother and snuggling up against the thin Omega’s leg, falling asleep almost instantly after turning into his puppy wolf form.

“Within the next month.” Taehyung responds sleepily.

“Go ahead and sleep. Jin hyung should be home soon, and we can take care of the twins.” Jimin tells Taehyung.

The younger Omega sighs, slipping into slumber almost immediately and Jimin has to wonder for a second if taking care of the twin’s full time while both of his mates work is causing too much stress on Taehyung.

He can barely fathom how much work one pup is, let alone two, especially when Taehyung’s supposed to have support from his mates for the first 5 months of their pups’ lives.

Namjoon works for the international council of Pack Protocol, and got called out on an emergency assignment not even a week after the twins were born. It’s nearly unheard of for a new parent who works for the council to be called out on assignment when he’s supposed to get 5 months of uninterrupted parental leave, but the way his boss had explained it was that it was a pack that Namjoon was familiar with, and whom they had asked for by name in resolving some sort of dispute involving another remote pack on the western coast of the country.

Jimin enjoys the silence while the twins and Taehyung sleep, deciding that he’s going to ask Jin, Jungkook and his mate if they can move closer to Taehyung and Yoongi so he can help the younger Omega with the twins more. It wouldn’t be fair to Taehyung to continue taking care of the twins while both of his mates work.

Yoongi works for a radio broadcasting company as a DJ, and had only gotten a 4 month parental leave, even though the company he works for knows that Yoongi’s got 2 mates and had twins on the way. Yoongi’s pretty infamous just for having an Alpha and an Omega mate.

Jimin thinks it’s unfair that Yoongi’s required to bow down to his company’s requirements even though the older wolf is a Beta, and the boss happens to be an Alpha. They’d all debated on taking it up with Taehyung, Namjoon, and Yoongi’s neighborhood pack leader, but the company resides in the business district, and is under a different leader.

For now, Jin and Jimin try to help Taehyung out as much as they can, even though they are expecting their own pups in 4 months.

Jimin yawns, his own energy levels depleted from dealing with two moody pups all morning with Taehyung, courtesy of them both teething in their human forms, and is just drifting off to sleep when the front door opens.

“I’m home.” Jin’s voice rings loudly in the house and Jimin winces as he feels Taehyung stirring. “Shhh.” He hisses as the older Omega comes into the room, his face practically glowing. “The pups are asleep and so is Tae.”

Jin’s face turns from confusion to understanding quickly and he shuts the door softy before he creeps into the room. “Can I do anything for you?” He asks.

“A pillow would be nice,” Taehyung mumbles from Jimin’s knee. “Hyung, I love you, but your knee is bony as all .”

Jimin and Jin look at each other, eyebrows raised. It’s rare that Taehyung swears, and even rarer since the twins.

Jin gets the pillow, and they help Taehyung to settle down on the couch with the younger pup still knocked out cold, “Yeah, that’s Yoongi hyung’s pup alright.” Jimin comments as they leave the living room.

They’d had the foresight to buy a set of baby monitors when Yoongi had mentioned the Omegas all having a play date of sorts to teach the two expecting Omega’s how to care for pups, and Jimin snags the one that Taehyung had been holding onto so they can listen for when the older pup wakes.

“What did the doctors say?” Jimin asks as they settle down in the kitchen.

“I’ve got to be more careful of exerting myself, but other than that, the pup and I are fine.” Jin replies. “They think the fainting was due to high blood pressure, and I get a nifty machine that will take my blood pressure when my heart rate spikes.” He explains, showing off the bracelet like object on his wrist.

“How long you gonna have that on you?” Jimin asks as he moves to the fridge to grab a snack. If he can’t sleep, he might as well eat something.

“They want me to have it on for a month.” Jin frowns. “I think it was the shock of finding out you and Hoseok are having a girl while Jungkook and I are having a boy.”

Jimin grins, rubbing at his still barely there baby bump. “You know it’s more than that. I’m with Jungkook that it would be ironic and awesome if our babies grow up and become mates.”

Their 5th month mark had come with determining the es of their babies, something Jimin had been looking forward to ever since he’d realized he really wanted a daughter, even though Hoseok had wanted a boy.

It wasn’t like Jin or Jungkook had faired any better. Jungkook had wanted a daughter, and Jin had been indifferent to what he’d wanted, until they’d started helping Taehyung on the days Yoongi had an evening gig at the radio station.

The oldest of them all had shuddered after their first full day of babysitting the twins and declared a girl might be better to care for than a boy, but had been crestfallen to find out the pup he was carrying was a boy.

Jimin eyes the older Omega. “They say anything else?”

Jin shakes his head. “No. They’re surprised I’m not craving food as much right now, but I think that’s more because we’re helping Taehyung out.”

Jimin nods, opening his mouth to respond when the monitor goes off, and the sounds of a pup whining in distress has him moving faster than he thought possible before the older pup goes into a full blown crying tantrum. The last thing he wants is for Taehyung to wake up or for the other pup to wake up too.

Jimin sighs in relief nearly 20 minutes later when he’s got the pup back to sleep after changing his diaper, with no other sounds coming from the living room.

The pups stay asleep, surprisingly, when Jungkook comes home, complaining of a headache and how Hoseok isn’t in a good mood because he’s being assigned a new partner from the council since Jin’s already on his pregnancy leave and won’t be back until his pup is a year and a half old and can be left with a blood relative.

Jimin’s glad he’s not employed by the council, having taken dance as a major in college, and had been looking at dance studios to apply at until he’d gotten pregnant.

Jin and Jungkook disappear upstairs, probably to help Jungkook take care of his headache while Jimin starts preparing for dinner. He knows now that Hoseok will be in a bad mood, and Yoongi should be getting off his shift soon to pick up the twins and his mate, but Jimin makes more food than he thinks he, his mate and the other mated pair will eat.

Taehyung’s been asleep as long as the twins have been, and Jimin knows the younger Omega needs the rest.

He doesn’t hear the front door open, nor his mate come in as he is humming and dancing to some unheard beat in his own head whilst cooking dinner and nearly gasps in shock as he turns to find Hoseok staring at him with lust filled eyes.

“Damn baby. That .” Hoseok his lips and comes closer to his mate. “I know you were helping Taehyung with the pups all day, but save some energy for me later.” Hoseok grabs Jimin’s behind and squeezes, eliciting a yelp from Jimin as the Beta dives in for a quick kiss while grabbing a glass from the cupboard.

“Damn it hyung.” Jimin groans.

The sounds from the kitchen wake Taehyung up mere moments before Yoongi arrives, and the Beta is grateful that the twins are still asleep. “The doctors said their teething would be worse because they have the twin sibling bond going on.” Yoongi explains to Jimin as he helps set up the table for the lot of them. “It magnifies the fever and pain brought on by the teething.”

Jin comes down, shaking his head. “Jungkook decided to sleep for now. The headache was pretty bad.” He explains in response to Jimin’s raised eyebrows.

“Hyung, your baby bump is so cute.” Yoongi’s usually a petty laid back and quiet person, until he gets around a pregnant Omega. He’d surprised everyone the first time he’d melted into a pile of goo after Taehyung started showing.

“Ook Yoongi.” Jin redirects the cooing Beta over to the table where Taehyung is still waking up. “Show some love to your mate.”

The two Omegas fall into their usual routine, finishing up the dinner before serving it, setting aside a plate for Jungkook if he gets up later and is hungry.

It’s become more and more obvious to them both that something is going on at the council, more than the usual random rural pack causing problems for them over the next few weeks as Hoseok and Jungkook start having to stay later and later at the headquarters.

Hoseok’s new partner for exploration and extraction is a female Beta by the name of Wendy who annoys Hoseok to no end because she won’t shut up about how excited she is to be out of training or how she’s paired with one of the best Betas on the council, in her eyes at least, and Hoseok has already had to complain to his supervisor in the council about being nearly accosted by Wendy on their first job of their partnership.

Jimin’s not happy about the turn of events either, as it seems the female Beta’s cloying scent seems to stick to Hoseok as if she’s been touching his mate a lot more than he wants. He’s tempted to go tell the girl off, seeing as she’s unmated and attempting to coerce a mated Beta but Namjoon’s arrival back to the city pushes the thought to the back of Jimin’s mind as they finally get to throw the naming ceremony for the twins.

Namjoon, for all the Alpha he is, breaks down crying the moment he walks into the share house where Jin and Jimin insisted on throwing the naming ceremony party, becoming a blubbering mess as he sees the 5 month old pups for the first time after their birth.

It takes a while for the lanky Alpha to calm down, both pups snuggled up against his chest as he hiccups and tries to calm down for the sake of Taehyung and Yoongi, both who fought to hold back their own tears of joy at their mates reunion with their pups, though Jimin’s pretty sure Taehyung failed with the way he’s been sniffling and rubbing at his eyes.

Finally they are ready to name their pups after 5 long months of waiting, and an official notary for their neighborhood is on hand to record the names for their records.

Taehyung holds up the oldest pup to Namjoon while Yoongi takes up the youngest. “I present to you, Taejoon.” He says to his Alpha mate, smiling as Namjoon’s eyes threaten to spill over with tears again as the pup yips and at his father’s face, having changed in the middle of the excitement of seeing his other father.

They wait until the scribe nods, having recorded the precise spelling of the pup’s name, and then Taehyung turns to his Beta mate, a smile on his face. “And I present to you, Taegi.”

Yoongi grunts as his own pup lets out a squeak and tries to manhandle himself onto Yoongi’s head, having more sense than his older twin to stay in his human form.

It takes some time, but eventually they coax Taejoon into his human form, redressing him and getting the family posed just right for their official naming ceremony pictures that Taehyung will send out to the 3 sets of grandparents.

Cleaning up afterwards, Jimin laughs as he hears Jin smacking Jungkook in the living room.

“Ow! Damn hyung that hurt!” Jungkook whines and Jimin really has to wonder who the Alpha in the relationship is sometimes. “I only asked who let Taehyung name the second one….Taegi sounds too odd for their family dynamics!”

Jimin tunes the couple out as he reaches down to grab at a ribbon stuck under the fridge, yelping suddenly as a pain hits him, and he has to reach out to lift himself shakily up from his bent over position.

“You ok?” Jin and Jungkook are in the kitchen, worry etched on their faces as they see Jimin exhale slowly.

“Yeah, a sudden pain hit me.” Jimin says. “Probably shouldn’t have bent over as much as I did.” He tries to joke, realizing that his head is aching something awful all of a sudden and he blinks as Jungkook catches him.

“Where is Hoseok?” Jin asks, realizing that the Beta vanished right after the party had ended and they’d waved off the newly reunited mates and their children down the street.

“He…” Jimin takes a moment to gather his bearings. “He barely got time away from the council today for the naming party.” He manages to get out. “They were sending him to the location where you guys found me a few years ago as soon as this was over.”

“With that of a partner he has?” Jin asks, voice tight.

Jungkook’s arms tighten around the pregnant Omega. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” He asks his mate.

Jin nods. “Most likely. Jimin, I need you to focus on me ok? Jungkook, let’s get him settled on the couch for the moment so if needed we can whisk him to the hospital.”

Jungkook barely grunts as he lifts Jimin easily into his arms, carrying the Omega into the living room where the bag full of trash from the party is sitting. Jin sweeps off any debris from the couch, letting his mate settle Jimin into the cushions, arranging pillows behind his head as Jungkook grabs the others for his feet.

“Head hurts.” Jimin mumbles a second later, closing his eyes as dizziness threatens to overtake him.

“Let’s get a bucket for him in case he throws up.” Jin suggests, laying a cool cloth on to Jimin’s head and the younger Omega moans at the relief it brings.

Everything after that is a blur to Jimin, the room sometimes spinning bad enough that he does eventually throw up into the large bucket that is placed next to him on the floor.

Jin’s voice and touch is the only soothing comfort he has, though he wonders briefly for a moment that Jungkook was there at one point and gone the next time Jimin’s lucid enough to take sips of water through a straw.


A/N: I won't be posting the next chapter until AFTER my finals are complete, which will be on Dec 16th.

I WILL, however, be available through PM or Twitter for any questions or fangirling hard over the impending BTS comeback in a few days. This last week has killed me as I woke up 4 days in a row to comeback teasers, pictures, the Run teaser, the album preview, the full audio release of 'Ma City'.!! I'm pretty damn sure I'm gonna cry when Run MV comes out on Monday and again on Wed when they perform at the MAMA's only a few days later. I'd get up early to see it live on the V app but I have one of my skills lab finals on the 2nd and I'll be nervous enough as it is.

Anywhoo, sorrynotsorry that it'll be 2 and a half weeks or so before the next update. Let me know what you think and don't be shy about leaving feedback!