Chapter 4

Mirror of Twin

 Keito waits for Karina at the school shoes’ locker as he kinda worry when he doesn’t encounter her after what happen as he knows how that girl loves to be outside. He really surprise to see that girl arrive school with bleeding knee and her hair shorter than before. He remembers that girl’s hair could reach her waist when she let it go but now, it a bit longer than her shoulder. He quickly get near her to ask, “What happen to you?”

 “Ah! There’s nothing wrong with me. I just trip over sharp stones while on the way here. This is just small matter.” Karina quickly make excuse while try to cover up pain at her knee. She doesn’t want anyone know that someone push her when she climbing down the stairs that make her get the injury and her hair is in another matter.

 Keito pulls Karina’s hand, “You should clean that wound or it will turn to scar.”

 “Who cares about scar? I will be okay as long I’m alive.” Reply Karina. She bend to wrap her knee with her handkerchief to cover the wound as the bleeding become worse.

 “If you don’t want to listen to me…” Keito lift her up and says, “I will only left with this choice.” He fixes his bag before lift up her in his arms and runs to infirmary and feel weird as she’s too light.

***************

 “Done! At least, you won’t get infection with that wound.” Say Keito after he finishes clean the wound. He keep everything back to the box and place it to the cupboard as let out relief feeling.

 Karina really surprise to see how neat he does it, “You’re quite skilful for a boy. Thanks, I guess.”

 Rin arrive at the infirmary in rush and says something to Keito, “I know you’re here. I never know you will always in the class but now, you’re here. You’re trying skip the class?” Then, she notice Karina also there, “Someone bully you?”

 “Who cares about that? I’m okay.” Say Karina as she tries to avoid Rin’s gaze.

 Rin also notice about the hair and asks, “Who cut your hair? I heard from that fu****g old man, you really love your long hair.”

 Karina feels nothing when Keito ask about that but when she get same question from her twin-sister, tears pool at her eyes. She quickly cover her eyes, “I just cut it because it begin getting my way.”

 “You can lie to everyone but not me. I know you’re damn lying to me right now.” Say Rin in stern tone. The only reply that she get is Karina shook her head while try to deny it. They just return to their class after that as it is lesson time and the teacher already ask them to get into the class.

**************

 Rin searches for her twin-sister when lunch break come but no sign of her when she reach at her class. She asks her classmates and the reply she gets, “She just leave the class with excuse she’s not feeling well.”

 “Where the hell she is?” grumble Rin. She goes to rooftop where she always spend the lunch break with the boys.

 Ryosuke asks, “What with that terrible look, Rin-chan?”

 “I can’t find that damn girl when I want to ask something! It clearly show she’s f**king try to avoid me!” scold Rin. She want to say something more but Ryosuke already feed her with rolled omelettes to shut her.

 Keito says, “It is not weird if she begin become target of those female students who happen to be fans of her friends. I heard many people hate her and blame her on the death of that guy as they know how that guys really protective over her.”

 “How you could know about that matter?” ask Ryosuke while keep feeding Rin to shut .

 Keito says, “I know where to get the source of those gossips.”

 Not far from them, there are a group of students talk about something that really grab their attention without anyone realize them. The first person says, “I heard that Kuzuryu Karina is actually facing DV at home.”

 “But she’s look fine.”

 “My mom told me that she had witness how her brother hit her at public just because silly matter. Don’t you see her hair? Mom said it happen because of her brother snip it off after she doesn’t open the door fast enough.”

 “That’s why she become delinquent but she only act like a delinquent. She’s really weak and coward.”

 “Since she doesn’t has anyone else, she could be easily become target.”

 That conversation really give enough information to them about what they want to know. Keito take out his phone as he want to know about Karina’s whereabouts. Three of them surprise when know that girl is just hiding at school’s greenhouse based on her phone’s GPS location.

*******************

 Karina skips the class on that day because she feels really exhausted. It already hard to run away from her brother who keep search for chance to torture her. Her brother keep taking away her money and make her penniless every time she get money. She fight herself not to fall asleep as she know it will only make it worse. She want to leave the school compound but it still early and she doesn’t want to get into another trouble. She decide to relax at the greenhouse because the outside really cold while in there has warmth temperature.

 “Why you’re hiding yourself here?” ask Keito that really make Karina surprise and almost scream but his hand really fast to cover . He feel really weird to see that girl seem just face the most terrible things in her life as he always see how that girl act all-mighty.

 Rin wonder what make that girl really terrified and says, “I already told you that you can tell me anything if you in trouble.”

 “No! I can’t do that!” Karina cries as she knows she doesn’t want anything happen to her family. Even they really cruel to her, they still her family and only member who accept her even it happen reluctantly.

 Ryosuke decide to get confirmation on rumours that he hears before, “It is true that you’re facing DV at home?”

 “That’s not true. They are just too stress with what happen and always in need of money.” Say Karina, try to defend them.

 Rin begin really irritated with that and says, “There is no way I would let you stay in that hell anymore! I will ask that old man to bring you out!”

 Karina can’t say anything as she feels her surrounding become dark. Keito does some simple check on her and says, “She’s just too tired and maybe malnutrient as it really show on her skin.”

 “We should bring her home but not to her house.” Say Ryosuke.

 Keito give suggestion after remember something, “Bring her to my house since my papa is work outside Tokyo for a while.”

******************

 Rin make phone call to Eita as she wants to ask help from him even she reluctant to do that. She finishes it and says, “That old man said he will manage everything but she has to stay at his house when it done. He said it would be safe for her to stay better place as possibilities those people ambush her still huge.”

 “At least, her life wouldn’t be so miserable.” Say Keito. He only watch how that girl seem really calm despite after what happen. He gently brush off hair-strands that cover Karina’s face a bit.

 Ryosuke smiles and says, “I think this is the first time I notice you care about someone else. That really hard to believe.”
 “Of course I care because she’s my fu****g twin-sister.” Scold Rin. She take her seat on couch before continue eating her cake.

 Ryosuke pats Keito’s shoulder to tell, “We should prepare some food for her when she’s wake up. Keito, I’m borrowing your kitchen.”

 “Just use it.” say Keito. He knows everything in the kitchen complete as housekeeper always stock-up thing even they rarely cook at home.

 Karina wakes up when her nose pick up smell of food and surprise when realize where she is. She want to move but she doesn’t has any strength. Rin notice her already awake, “Don’t worry. This is Keito’s damn house. Nothing will harm you.”

 “Why I’m here?” ask Karina, still confuse on what happen.

 “You get anaemia. You should eat I correct diet if you don’t want to get sick.” Say Keito. He helps her to wake up and walk to the dining room where Ryosuke just finish serve food on the table.

 Karina say weakly after see the table full with foods, “Wow, even a delinquent like you could prepare such delicious-looking food.”

 “I’m not delinquent and I could prepare delicious taste food. You should eat properly if you don’t want to faint again.” Say Ryosuke.

 Karina take bite of the food and says, “This is really delicious! Even I know I need to eat properly, I just don’t have enough money for it and don’t want to burden other people.”

 Rin pushes Keito and Ryosuke away from the dining table and says, “I need a talk with her, alone and don’t ever damn think to eavesdrop.”

 The guys decide to relax at the couch while try to listen to the conversation. They really curious especially when witness Karina cries non-stop and it clearly show how Rin tries to hold herself not to explode at that moment. When it end, Rin shouts, “I will ask that old man bring you out from that hell right away!”

 “Relax, Rin-chan!” Ryosuke quickly in action to ensure his lover not make any damage. He follows his lover to one side to make phone call. Karina could only watch curiously without can ask anything.

******************

 Karina feel totally awkward when she get into her new room at Eita’s house. Mandy seem ignoring her but Nishi happily welcome her there, “It feel really nice when I get another daughter. Karina-chan, if you need anything, just name it and we will make it true.”

 “A-arigatou.” Say Karina and she get some space in her room that is way too big for her. It has huge closet, a dresser, a canopy bed, and everything that make it a perfect room. She finishes unpack everything as she doesn’t has that much things when move out from the house.

 After that, she fall asleep on the couch that she just move to face window where she could see a nice scenery. It is her first time to get such a good sleep after long time as at previous home, she has in worry in many things.

 When she’s wake up, a maid arrive to tell her that it already time for dinner. She follows the maid to dining hall while amazes all the way there. Nishi really happy to greet her when she arrive there, “Here! Sit here! I really sad after Rin-chan leaves the house but you’re here now.”

 Eita says, “From now on, you will live here but I respect if you want to keep your surname. I should take you out from the house earlier.”

 “It’s okay, I just think it as challenge in my life to make myself a better person.” say Karina. They eat their dinner while talk about many things but she still hides some of things that she knows won’t bring anything good.

****************

 Eita come to Karina’s room just before his daughter fall asleep and give her a card, “I gave this to Mandy and Rin and now, you should have it too. Just use it to buy anything you want but make sure alert about the limit.”

 “Thanks, oyaji…” Karina still not used to call her biological dad.

 Eita pat her head gently, “Rest well as you still have school tomorrow. Oyasumi.”

 “Oyasumi.” Karina carefully close the door and lay on the bed. She wonder if she could sleep at she’s usually at outside by that moment. She decide to make some revision to make herself sleepy.

 She surprise when get mail from Rin, ‘How’s there?’

 ‘I’m okay. Thanks, Rin.’

 ‘There are a damn lot of things that we want to know about how this could happen. At least, until that time, I need to make sure you’re alive.’

 Both of them talk until feel sleepy and make promise to go to school together. With that, she won’t get bully or get harm by anyone. Karina feel really happy because of Rin, her life change to better way where she could focus on what she want to do.