Chapter 2

Mirror of Twin

                For some reason, Rin’s father, Eita still help to bail out Karina and send her back to the house even that girl says that he doesn’t have to do that. She doesn’t surprise to see her mom, Chiyo in front of the house when they reach there. Karina bluntly says, “Mama, I don’t think you’re here just to ask why I come back late. You must be really annoy when you have to miss your favourite late-night show because get phone call that I get arrest by police but I think you don’t have to worry about me.”

                “Watch your words, young lady! You should know that you already in deep trouble right now! You also get a-week suspension from the school!” scold Chiyo. Karina just ignore everyone there and get into the house without want to comment anything. Chiyo shout to her, “Respect when someone tell something to you!”

                Everyone could hear Karina’s response faintly from inside the house, “I don’t even want to care about respect thingy as I never learn about that!”

                “You should care more about her as she’s really delicate.” Remind Eita to Chiyo. Rin only watch everything from inside the car. She curious to meet the person who give birth of her and know why Karina would be act rebel as it clearly show that woman mostly ignore her.

                Chiyo become more annoy to hear that and says, “Excuse me, sir! Who are you want -in my family’s business?”

                “For your information, she also my daughter and I know how you treat her like some kind of failure in this house when she really need your support.” Say Eita.

                Chiyo casually say while looking at her fingernails, “She already big enough to take care of herself.”

                Karina only watch them from her room’s window before just close it and slump to her bed to get some rest. She knows that she would have free time to relax around and finish up her reading. Even she still curious to know what happen down there, she just too tired to find it out.

****************

                The next day, Karina get phone call from Fuma to talk about what happen yesterday. She says, “Gomen ne, Fuma-kun. Because me, you get into trouble again. Will you be okay to get transfer to other school?”

                “It seem my parent already plan to get me transfer to other school that is far from here. I’m the one who should say sorry because I can’t protect you anymore.” say Fuma with hint of sadness. He really want to ensure that girl won’t get disturb because of things that she has that really could bring damage.

                Karina tries really hard to hold up her tears while saying, “I would be okay. I just have to be more careful while walking around. Maybe I should do some makeover to avoid those people notice me. Even they want to rummage my things, I already dispose everything for my own safety.”

                “You always do what you should do earlier than anyone could predict.” Fuma couldn’t hide how he amazes with that girl. Even they always spend time together ever since middle school, that girl never stop surprise people with her secrets.

                Somehow, that girl let out tiny giggles, “Maa… I just do what I should do and everything on the paper already in my mind. After this, I will only keep it in dark as my secret weapon.”

                “If you need anything, just give a call and all of us will come to rescue.” Say Fuma before end the call as someone already call for him.

                Karina keep her phone and resume back to her book and tea. Master says, “You must be lonely after this since those boys not there anymore. You almost never go anywhere without them. For them, you’re their princess.”

                “Yeah, they become rebel because of me. They just want to protect me.” Say Karina. She close her book as she totally lose interest to continue reading it. She finish up her tea in one gulp and says, “That’s really delicious. You should teach me how to prepare this tea as I can do it when I miss you.”

                “I will always here to brew tea for you whenever you want it. Are you hungry by now?” Master pick up Karina’s cup. He thinks that girl would feel hungry as she already there for few hours and only order a cup of tea.

                Karina thinks for few seconds, “I’m hungry but my money only enough for cup of tea.”

                “Baka, you always help me without want to take any pay. I get some idea that your pay after helping me at this café is meal for you. What do you want to eat?” Master ensure Karina with his words and when Karina reply with anything she can eat, he says, “I will prepare something special for you.”

***************

                “Papa, what do you mean with what happen yesterday? You already know she is my twin and she enrol in same school with me?” Rin really want to know what happen.

                Nishi watches maid serve breakfast on the table before says, “You don’t have to worry about that. Your papa already manage everything.”

                “For sure, you better stay out from this matter. I have rights to know what actually happen and you have to tell me on what happen. Why you never tell me about Kuzuryu Karina is my twin?” Rin really curious about her twin and when she know the truth, she can’t believe it.

                “What you will do after you know on what happen?” ask Eita, anticipate on what kind of answer will come out from that girl.

                Mandy, Rin’s sister bluntly says, “You will get nothing from it. Just give up on that matter.”

                “Oh?! You already know what actually happen and intent to keep me in the dark forever?” Rin really piss-off on her family never want to give answer on what she want to know.

                Eita calmly put down his utensils and says, “If you want to know the answer… yes, Kuzuryu Karina is your twin-sister. I know everything happen because I care about her just like I care about you.”

                Rin still can’t accept the answer and just storm out from the house. Ryosuke already wait for her at outside of the house. Rin just pull her hand to bring them away from the house that she really want to stay away. Ryosuke ask to loosen the situation, “So, where you want to go after this?”

                “Let’s just go somewhere to relax as I’m tired to stay overnight at that house. Why that old man really want me to sleep there last night?” Rin grumble while walking.

                “For sure, that house is you house.” Reply Ryosuke, short.

                While both of them wandering at streets, they notice Karina who seem stare into space while be at the roadside. She really look like want to cross her that busy road without want to care of anything. The first thing Ryosuke notice is not grim expression that girl has on her face but, “Eh?! Why her hair doesn’t have any red streak today? I heard she really love that streak and never let anyone to touch it.”

                “Baka! You should have notice she look like want to kill herself.” Retort Rin but she still wonder why that girl would think of that as she could do that earlier, even before they get into the incident.

                Rin quickly pull Karina away from the busy road when notice that girl want to move forward while asking, “What the hell that you’re thinking to do? Kill yourself?”

                “Killing myself would be the last thing I would do.” Reply Karina bluntly. When she being ask on what she want to do, the reply she gives, “Oh! I want to take closer look at that shop… they seem has some mistakes in their display but I can’t see it clearly.”

                Karina notice there are only Rin and Ryosuke that make she asks, “Where is the other one guy? I always see three of you together and can’t be separated.”

                “If you’re talking about Keito, he stay in different house.” Say Ryosuke.

                “Even he is your step-brother, Walker-san?” Karina ask to Rin.

                “He is staying with his damn old man and I never want to care about that.” say Rin.

                Karina seem can’t believe how Rin sound about that, “Really?! You even ask him to get information about me. The person that he ask for information is someone that I always talk over cup of drink. Thanks to you who curious over it, I also know the truth behind it.”

                “How you could know everything?” ask Ryosuke.

                The reply that Karina gives, “I have my own way to get what I want. Even it only danger myself.”

                Karina quickly create distance with those two and say something to Rin, “I may acting like I know nothing about it but for some reason… I only want keep myself away from being hurt. Maybe you also should continue acting that you know nothing about our actual relationship.”

                Rin quickly goes to that girl’s front to ask, “Are you going to act like you know nothing until the damn end? Just because you know damn everything that we should have known?”

                “Even I can always know things that I want to know but it really hard when come to our family. It just too complicated and those people really know how to hide it from us. Thanks to that, I never in good relationship with my own family member.” Say Karina.

********************

                Since the last time her meeting with Rin and Ryosuke, Karina only stay in her room and only leave when she wants. One day, she really surprise to see Eita waiting at in front of the house when she want to go out to buy her lunch. She coldly says, “If you want to meet my mom, I don’t know where is her.”

                “I’m not here for her but I want to meet you. I want to have a talk with you.” say Eita. Both of them go to a restaurant for their lunch.

                Eita tells her that she can order anything that she want to eat but she says, “It’s okay since I will just take my lunch at other place after this. I don’t have that much money to eat here.”

                “Just choose whatever you want as I will pay for you. It’s my treat as it is my idea to come here.” Say Eita. Karina still want to decline it but soon, just accept the offer.

                Karina wait for Eita to say anything in that restaurant and she only know why that guy want to meet him after their meal arrive, “I have always think to meet you but the situation never allow me to do it.”

                “You don’t have to sugar-coat it. I know you only think about your company. Many people can’t believe that your company achieve huge success in such a short period but I have to say thanks since it because of you, I can survive in my life.” Say Karina.

                Eita try to act like he knows nothing, “What do you mean by that?”

                “I know you’re the one who give scholarship for me and even my allowance. You may can cover your track but please don’t use your company name. It really easy to trace.” say Karina. She carefully eat her meal even she really happy with the delicious taste that she never feel before. She knows manner is really important as that is what old lady at her neighbourhood always remind her.

                “If you already know about me, why you never tell me how you have to suffer to stay at that house?” ask Eita.

                Karina bluntly reply, “That would be something that I never let anyone know. It will only cause more suffer than it should be. It already hard for me to search a way to escape from that harsh place. Maa… I already collect money in order for myself to leave that place and just enjoy my own life without them.”

                Eita give his name card to her while saying, “If you need anything, just tell me. This is the least thing that I can do as your father.”

                “I will do it when I want to.” Reply Karina as she keep the card into her bag. She curious over something, “Ne, why you and mom divorce? I heard it happen when we were babies. It really weird when both of you already get three children before us.”

                “About that, it not time for you to know about what happen. It will only hurt yourself.” Say Eita.

                Karina make guess, “So, that’s mean you hasn’t tell Rin Walker about this matter? Do you think it really protect us by keeping us in the dark.”

                “Both of you will know the truth behind it when it happen and I want you to get ready for that.” say Eita. They go to separate way after finish their lunch.

*********************

                Rin goes out alone since Ryosuke has to return his family’s house to visit his younger sister who is sick. She doesn’t want to follow as she’s not good to deal in that situation. She watches TV even there is no interesting show. She wants to go out but know there will be no one will control her when she’s snap-off.

                She pushes herself further on the sofa to think about what happen. She knows her relationship Karina would never good as they always glare each other every time they meet at the counselling room without care to say anything. It just lucky both of them never in same class or both of them may become enemy.

                There one question come to her mind, “How they could hide this ing matter really well?”