Chapter 17

Mirror of Twin

                Karina finishes her last test smoothly and goes to Rin’s class when it end to tell her, “Ne, if you reach home first and in case mama ask anything where I am, just tell her that I will be at Sky Café.”

                “What are you doing there?” ask Rin. She think her twin-sister would don’t want to step there anymore after what happen that totally ruin their family.

                “I already promise with master to help him at café today and I really miss his parfait.” Say Karina. She waves bye to her before walk out without notice Keito is walking to Rin’s class.

                Keito says something to Rin, “I think I saw Karina-chan just now.”

                “Yeah, she’s telling me that she goes somewhere after this and why you are here?” Rin sound really cold as she’s actually tired after Karina drags her to do last minute study the night before.

                “I’m here to tell you something. It is something that I heard from other students.” Keito look around before he tells her about what he knows.

                The only response that she gives, “I see…”

                “That’s really cold! You don’t care about him anymore?” Keito want to get the answer and receive cold, “Yes!”

                Rin walks away from Keito and her mind begin plan what she should do. She decides to make stop at counselor room and sensei inside there really surprise to see her. The sensei asks, “You need anything?”

                “I want to manage something.” Say Rin.

***************

                Karina reach at the café with happy smile but that soon change into scowl when notice Sora also there. He also surprise to see her, “I thought you would hate to be here.”

                Master hits his brother’s head with tray before scolds, “Stop driving away my customers!”

                “I’m only here because of Master even I admit that I really hate you. How lucky are you to stay in a country that has law that never allows me to kill you.” Say Karina coldly as she walk into the café.

                She casually walks to behind of the counter after put her things at back of the shop that make Sora whines, “Why she can be there? You never allow be to stand beside you behind the counter!”

                “She’s not like you who only know to make mess here while she’s here to help me and knows what to do.” Say Master and Karina stuck her tongue to that novelist.

                Master asks her, “Can you send this orders to Table 9?”

                “Yeah.” Say Karina. She takes the tray and easily delivers to designate table.

                “I really impress about her; still in good relationship with someone that has a brother that try to ruin her life.” Say Sora.

                “She’s not like you who have rotten-heart.” Say Master.

                Karina returns back to the counter after deliver the orders and asks, “That thing already arrive?”

                “Yeah but I will only give to you later.” Say Master.

                That day, the café packs with customers that make Karina forget her initial aim to go there. She also begins ignoring Sora inside the café as she’s busy moving. She only remembers her aim when Master says, “You can rest now and I already prepare this for you.”

                Karina takes her seat on the chair and Master serves big parfait that come along with some document. He says, “I never think you would have interest with someone that is outside Japan. The person prepares this while wondering if you’re just pranking him.”

                “I’m really curious about this as Keito-kun really want me to avoid any contact with them. If not because of his overprotective side on this matter, I may be ignorant on this matter.” Say Karina.

                Sora turn his body to face her before comment, “You really not kawaii at all! Could you do something like how people at your age do?”

                “Mind your own business! It is better you put your focus on your writing. I heard your editor get real angry as you postpone your submission.” Say Karina casually while enjoying her parfait. She checks briefly on the content of document.

                “I advise you that if you want to be with this kind of guy, you better forget it. You won’t get your happiness with someone like him.” Say Master.

                “You don’t have worry about that because there are someone who won’t let that happen and it is someone that you know.” Say Karina.

                Master makes a guess, “Are you saying that person is… your step-brother?” Karina could only smiles since she doesn’t have anything else to say.

                Sora bangs the table and asks, “Why would you be with your own step-brother? That’s what people called forbidden love.”

                “Just shut up! We’re not even blood-related and my dad and step-mom allow it!” scowl Karina.

                “As long you can be happy with your choice, I will support you.” Say Master.

                Karina turn to Sora and coldly says, “I’m sure you’re not popular with other woman because you’re a****le.”

                “What a foul mouth!” Sora surprise to hear that but Karina doesn’t want to care about him.

*************

                Karina reaches home a bit late since she helps Master to close the café and surprise to see Nishi is sitting in living room. She tries to sound awkward, “You still awake?”

                “Yeah, I’m kind of waiting for you.” Say Nishi.

                Karina gasps to hear it and begin panic while saying, “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t-didn’t mean to c-come back home l-late.”

                “I’m not mad about that as I know where you are going. I’m waiting for you because I want to give this to you.” Nishi stands up from her seating and walk to Karina before place a velvet box in her hand. She says, “Since right now everyone want to get together with Eita’s daughters, I want you have this. I’m sure Keito will do the same real soon.”

                Karina opens the box and surprise to see it is a bracelet. Nishi explains, “This is something that Keito’s dad gave to me when we in early relationship and I make promise to myself that I will give this to Keito’s future girl and it is you. Since a ring will be too early for you, this will be your sign that you with him.”

                “Thank you so much.” Karina hugs Nishi to show how happy she is at the moment. She’s really grateful for her step-mom who treats her like it was her who gives birth to her.

                After few minutes of hug, Nishi become the one who break it and says, “You should get your rest as we have long journey tomorrow. A girl needs a beauty sleep.”

**************

                Karina couldn’t relax while waiting at lounge in the airport. Her mind couldn’t forget about what she already read the night before. She want to ask something from Rin but her twin-sister seem make distance with her by literally creating wall around her.

                Nishi notice that girl’s anxious and ask, “Is this your first time to travel overseas?”

                That girl quickly make excuse to cover it, “Hm… yes, it is my first time. Usually, when my mom and my older siblings go for trip to anywhere, I will leave to look after the house. I’m quite nervous about the language barrier.”

                “You don’t have to worry about that since people that we will meet at Seoul can talk in Japanese. They used to stay at Japan for few years before they move their business back to where they come from.” Explain Nishi.

                They wait for Eita to arrive since he has some discussion with someone at the airport before they could get into their private jet. Karina take out her phone when it ringing to show a mail from Keito, ‘I heard from mama that she already give you the bracelet and I hope you can wear it as I don’t want anyone else get hand of you. I also told my papa that we’re together. I imagine he will mad with me but he’s really happy to hear that. Enjoy the trip and don’t forget me.’

`              Karina smiles to read it before give reply to that mail. Once she finishes sending it, Eita arrives and says, “We can get on the jet right now.”

                Nishi ask Eita, “What about Mandy? She hasn’t arrived yet.”

                “It seem she will go trip with her boyfriend when hear we will go to Seoul.” Say Eita. He turns to Karina and says, “I know this already late but are you okay with flight? You have any trauma?”

                “I don’t know but for sure, I’m not really good with height. It always make me wonder what will happen when I jump down.” Say Karina.

                Eita make jokes on it, “Lucky for you that our plane has their windows lock during the flight and you will stay at your seat until we arrive.”

****************

                “We will go to hotel first as we will meet them during dinner or you want to shop for tonight’s dress first?” ask Eita when they arrive there.

                Nishi want to go to buy clothes but Karina and Rin look really tired as they can’t get enough sleep on the night before. She says, “Let’s just send the girls first and we can go out. I will search dresses for them.”

                At the hotel, they decide to put the girls in same room as it is Karina’s first time to go overseas. She jump to one of the bed and says, “This is really good~!”

                Rin seem get ready to go out that make Karina asks, “You’re going somewhere?”

                “I already agree to meet someone as soon I reach here. You can just rest since the tonight’s dinner can be exhausting for you.” Say Rin before she steps out from the room without even care confuse look on her twin.

                She walks out from the building and notices a car already wait for her. She asks, “Just how fast you could drive this f***ing car? You arrive d*mn fast!”

                “I’m already on road when you send me that mail. I thought we will meet during the dinner.” Say that guy from the car.

                “I need your to plan this thing or you brother will continue to disturb me or my twin. I don’t want any harm her.” Say Rin. She gets into the car and let the speed bring her away from there as her mind think about many things at once.