Chapter 14

Mirror of Twin

                Karina really surprise when see Rin is wearing woman’s suit rather than dress that Nishi already choose for them. She asks, “Why you’re wearing that?”

                “I’m more comfortable to wear this.” Reply Rin, cold.

                Karina checks herself at mirror again as she really worries if she looks proper for the party again and again. Keito also arrive in front of them room and says, “You don’t have to be too anxious as you look really pretty.”

                Someone arrive there and tells them, “The party already begin and it’s time for all of you to appear.”

                “I will go there first and just take your time as I’m sure everyone understands you.” Say Keito before he follows the staff to the venue. He could understand if both girls need time especially Karina who is her first time to join the party.

**************

                Nishi notice Keito appear at the venue alone and go to ask him, “Where are the girls?”

                “They will arrive here soon. Karina-chan need moment to prepare herself.” reply Keito. It seem his mom accept his reply and resume back to her activities.

                He takes drink before search for place to sit to observe the venue. He knows that he also need to moment since he gets information Eita will announce something important to everyone and rumours about one of the daughters will get engage with someone from famous company outside Japan.

                After few minutes, he realizes everyone’s eyes focus on one particular person who just walks into the venue. He checks what is it and his eyes couldn’t look away when it is Karina walk in with Rin who completely look like her . He smiles to see that girl seem tries to look calm and realize they are walking towards her.

                Keito leads them to where he sits before and says, “You really know how to make people keep looking at you.”

                “Don’t say like that~! I feel like just want to run away when realize that everyone is looking at me but I just think that they amazes with Rin’s clothes as it really unique.” whine Karina.

                Rin says, “Just think whatever you want to make yourself calm.”

                “You really know on how to make entrance.” A guy walk towards them and Rin recognize him as Jeajoong. She only gets his name when she meets him again few hours after their first meeting.

                Rin casually says, “This is Karina’s first time to attend the party because she’s finally re-joining us.”

                “Yeah, I have heard about that since it really famous topic but it really nice when you can be with your family… the one that really accept who you are.” says Jeajoong.

                Jeajoong want to greet Karina but Keito already hides her behind him before says, “It really nice to meet with you, Kim Jeajoong-san.”

                “You know him?” ask Rin as she thinks she hasn’t introduced him to them yet.

                Keito still hiding Karina when give reply, “Of course I know him since he really famous about heir of our family’s legacy because he doesn’t look like typical heir with various tattoos that he has. Even I’m not really interest with my dad’s legacy; I still have information about other heir.”

                “That’s why you could recognize him but why you never tell me?” ask Rin.

                “I’m totally not in mood to say anything about that matter.” Say Keito; try to put stop on the conversation.

                Rin could sense tense atmosphere between the guys and wonder why make Keito acts like that as he usually gentle towards everyone. She decides to put the end on that situation and says, “Let’s go see what kind of things they serve for us. I always look forwards since my step-mom’s idea sometimes a bit crazy.”

                “I can show it to you since I already check it and it would be more interesting checks it with someone.” Say Jeajoong.

                After both of them leave, Karina tugs Keito’s suit a bit before says, “Thanks for hiding me. Somehow, that guy’s vibe really scared me.”

                “Anyone would be scared with that kind of guy especially when you know who he really is.” Say Keito.

**************

                When come to Eita’s welcome speech, Keito and Karina join other family members to stand at specific place. It seem look normal when Eita talk about how he really grateful to everyone who always give support to his company and other things. Suddenly, everyone’s curiosity peak-up when hear, “Today is also a great day as I’m happy to announce that one of my daughters will get engage with heir of Kim Group who based in Seoul and we will expand our business together more than before.”

                The only person who surprise among the family members is Karina. She covers to cover her surprise and her mind begin imagine various things. The only way to make her snap back is Keito gently hold her hand and says, “I will make sure that person is not you.”

                The only things could come out from is, “Thanks…”

                When everyone tries to know about the engagement, Eita only says, “We will announce it to public soon.”

                That topic become main focus on that moment but it is a luck that only last for another few minutes before continue enjoying the party. If there are any presences of people from mass media, it could be hot news for them.

                After the party end, the family goes for dinner to talk about that matter and Jeajoong join them. Eita says, “It seems some of you already meet with him.”

                “Yeah!” only Rin reply and she asks, “Why it so sudden?”

                Nishi gives the reply, “It not that sudden but we just still thinking about that matter as we know how Karina-chan still learn to adapt with her new life and we don’t want to force any of you.”

                Eita decide to ignore the ladies’ talk and talk with Jeajoong, “So, how’s your dad at Seoul? It really a pity he can’t join us today.”

                “He’s doing fine but he has some kind of business at overseas right now. He almost cancels that business trip before I told him that I will go for his behalf.” Say Jeajoong.

                “You can tell him that we will go there soon to discuss more about your engagement with one of my daughters.” Eita sound really happy while saying that.

                Mandy totally ruin the atmosphere when she says, “For sure, that won’t be me since I already with someone else and has no intention to ruin it.”

                Nishi say to lighten the atmosphere, “I can’t wait to go there again as I can get learn about many things from your mom. She is a really a great lady.”

                “My mom keep asking me when you will come again as she really enjoy your company.” Say Jeajoong.

                They talk about many things after that and when the dinner finish, Keito says, “I will send Karina-chan back since she already tired.” Rin just nods before join the other two to leave them.

                Mandy also excuse herself with arrogant air surrounds her. Nishi turn to Jeajoong and says, “I apologize about my daughters’ attitudes as there are too many things happen in short times.”

                “It’s okay and your daughters has really interesting side. I could understand if they surprise to know one of them will get engage with stranger that they never meet. So far, only one of them seems really open with me and it’s Rin.” Say Jeajoong.

                Eita surprise as what he knows that that girl really cold with other people, “Rin? That’s surprising to know.”

                “Really!? For me, she is one of few people that doesn’t freak out when notice my tattoos.” Say Jeajoong that make Nishi and Eita exchange glance.

******************

                Keito send her back to her room and says, “Just get good rest for tonight and don’t think so much about the engagement matter that your dad said before.”

                “Even you say like that… do you think that could be me? It seem sonly me who doesn’t in any relationship with anyone among three of us.” Karina sounds her worry.

                Keito pulls her into hug to comfort that girl and says, “I will make sure that guy won’t even try to get near you.” He says that after notice her seem still restless ever since hear about the engagement.

                He notices some suspicious eyes around them that make he pulls them into the room. He break the hug and says, “You better change before go to sleep.”

                “I guess so…” reply Karina weakly but then, she asks, “Why you really nice towards me? Is it because I’m your step-sister?”

                Keito shook his head and says, “I never see you as my step-sister because I like you for who you are but I want to let you happy with your life first before I could confess to you.”

                Karina giggles to hear that and says, “You just confess to me, Keito-kun.”

                “Yeah but I’m okay to hear the answer when you’re ready.” Say Keito. He kisses Karina on her forehead and says, “I hope you’re okay with this as this is just beginning… I will see you again tomorrow.”

                After Keito walk out from the room, Karina collapse to the ground with blushes on her face. she never think anyone would confess to her as she always think no guy would look at her as a girl since she always close with guys. She mumbles, “I really don’t know…”

~~~~~~~

Finally update after almost 2 months XD

Thanks for reading