Chapter 18

Mirror of Twin

                Nishi goes to the girls’ room to send the dresses that she bought for them. She knocks the door and when sees it is Karina who open the door, she asks, “Where is Rin-chan?”

                “Oh! She’s going out to meet with someone.” Reply Karina. She opens the door wider to let her step-mom to walk in. she surprise to see the dresses as it really pretty; the first dress is in black color with sequin details that create illusion of snake and it is in knee-length, and the second dress is A-shape dress in green color with black lining cross each other.

                Nishi says, “I want to buy colored dress for Rin-chan but she never want to wear it when I bought before that make bought this one in black.”

                “Let’s hope she will wear it this time.” Say Karina.

                Nishi notices something wrong with that girl and asks, “Are you nervous?”

                “Yeah, I kind of worry about tonight dinner… what will happen if I accidentally make some trouble…” say Karina.

                Nishi remember something, “I forget this is your first time to meet them but I can guarantee you that you can just relax during the dinner.”

                Karina get left alone again as Nishi want to get ready for the dinner. She sits on the bed before let her body drop to the bed. She feels really empty there even the space is same size with her room. Her phone ringing that startled her before she quickly answers it, “Hello!”

                “I think you already reach but why you sound so down?” somehow, she feels relieve to hear Keito’s voice at the other end of line.

                “I’m totally alone inside the room right now as Rin-chan goes out and I don’t know what I should do.” Karina tells him about her worries. Both of them have conversation for almost an hour.

*****************

                “Are you sure about your decision? What will your family say about it?” ask a guy after meet-up back with Rin.

                “I think it would be better like this as we can’t always reflect each other or we only are unsatisfied.” Say Rin.

                That guy sound really impress when he says, “It’s hard to believe how you could manage to handle everything on your own. You even manage to search where you want to live despite you never stay here for long time.”

                “It’s already hard to get permission from my old man for this matter and even harder to ask him to keep it as secret from everyone. I hope you also don’t be someone with loose-lipped and tell everyone about this until it is me who say it, Jimin.” Say Rin.

                “I’m curious over something; do you regret to bring your twin out from the house that she used to live?” Jimin ask that as both of them walk to car that already wait for them.

                Rin bluntly says, “I want to say that I don’t regret it but there are part in me that hope things stay the same. Somehow, it kinda feels hurt when people put more attention on her rather than me.”

                “That’s why you decide to move here… being distance will make them realize what they miss.” Say Jimin. They get into the car and go back to hotel where Rin stays with her family.

                Jimin says, “Let’s meet again tonight and I’m sure my brother will be in rage. He really attract with you since he met you during that party.”

                “Things not that easy since our family agree to make one of daughter from my family with son of your family that will take over the company.” Say Rin. She bid bye to him before walk into the building.

                She returns to the room and ring the bell to wait Karina to open the door. The door open and she hears Karina says, “Mama already bought dresses for us and she choose black for yours.”

                “Oh… that’s good since I’m not in mood to take time to prepare my clothes.” Say Rin before she walks to the bathroom.

                The hot water relaxes her muscle but her mind in mess. She wonders if that girl know about what actually happen as she remembers how that girl could get any information that she want.

Flashback~

                “You think you can easily defeat me? You don’t even have any strong backup with you right now!” shout a girl named Madoka after push Karina to the wall.

                Karina hiss in pain before says, “Just because you in relationship with some ‘strong’ guys, you can threat me. I wonder what will happen if they know that the girl that they are dating are cheating on them.”

                “You don’t even know who they are.” Madoka tries to sound not panic.

                Karina casually says, “Maybe not all of them but I know some of them… 2-B Mamiya-san, 3rd year’s Kitamura-senpai, Hatano-san from A  Gakuen… Oh! I really amazes when you get Tom from that international school. I wonder how someone that always fails in English could easily communicate with him. Do you use your body?”

                Rin could see everything as she hides at a level higher from them at the rooftop. She always wonders how that girl could get that kind of information. She continues watches the scene unveil while make sure she’s hiding.

                “You can threat me with that?” ask Madoka. She tries to sound confident but it clearly she afraid when realize how Karina is holding to her secrets.

                “I’m not only known their names but everything. I’m not threat you but if you touch me, I can easily inform them you’re cheating. I wonder what they will do once they know your dirty secret.” Say Karina. She touches her back and mumble about how it will become bruise later on. She casually walks away and manages to stop for a moment to say, “You may have strong back-up but I have stronger weapon to go against someone like you.”

                Rin could hear Karina’s tiny whine, “I will just skip today’s lesson… why this happen when I’m really look forward for today’s lesson…”

End of Flashback~

                Rin steps out from the bathroom and notice the dress that she has to wear. Once she wears the dress, Karina shows herself and says, “Let me help you with your hair and makeup.”

                “What about you?” ask Rin.

                Karina shyly says, “I will only wear my hair in ponytail but I need time to make it dry.”

                “You can just use hairdryer.” Say Rin but then, her sister admits that she has to air-dry her hair due to some reason.

*********

                “Both of you look really beautiful! I’m sure everyone will fall in love when see both of you!” Nishi say that happily.

                Eita has to say something to stop Nishi to do something to the girls, “We should get going by now.”

                Karina ask Rin while they inside the car, “Where have you been?”

                “I have something to deal before the meeting.” Say Rin and she put full stop on that topic.

                They arrive at the place and the dinner meeting goes smoothly with the parents talk about their business. Mrs. Park turns to the girls and asks, “So, which one of you that will join our family?”

                Rin become the one that says, “It would be me and I will begin my life here in order to learn about things here.”

                “I’m really happy to know Jimin will get a great wife.” Say Mrs. Park happily.

                Karina really surprise with that as she never think Rin will do that or it better said she doesn’t get any information about that. She wants to ask her twin sister but Mrs. Park asks her, “What about you? Are you in relationship with anyone?”

                “She’s currently with my son and he works really hard to get her attention.” Say Nishi happily.

                “I really wish my other son will find a girl but it seem he really like to fooling around. Even today, he’s partying again.” Say Mrs. Park.

                Karina could think Mrs. Park is talking about Jeajoong and wondering who the guy in front of them is. She realize it only her who doesn’t know anything. She hears Nishi says, “Things a bit different for her as she’s still trying to get used with us.”

                “I see, it must be happy moment for you as you get another daughter. I really wish that I have a daughter.” Say Mrs. Park.

                Karina couldn’t follow-up with the conversation and she takes the chance to ask Rin, “Why you suddenly want to move here?”

                “It would be better to learn about things here and I already finish manage everything.” Say Rin before she continues to enjoy her meal. She doesn’t sound afraid of what will happen in the future.

                Karina feels really down until that makes the meal in front of her become bland. She feels guilty for not being thankful by enjoying the creative creation of dedicated chefs but she force herself to finish everything. Her mood get spoil and hope no one will notice her.