Chapter 19

Mirror of Twin

                Since the day they return from Seoul, Karina has been locking herself inside her room and only leaves when it is school days. Everyone try to figure out what happen to her but she doesn’t any response to any of it. Her condition slowly become worse and everyone see her pale face.

                Keito asks when he gets the chance to meet her before she leaves the school compound, “Are you sure that you’re okay?”

                Karina weakly nod before says, “I’m just tired as I’m worrying about my grade. Previous test shows that I need to work harder if I want to success.”

                Keito knows that girl tries to lie to him and can’t say anything as he can only watch that girl walk away from him even every time she takes steps; she looks like she can collapse anytime. He wonders what he can do for her and thinks one way to figure it out.

**************

                “Even you ask me about that, there is nothing I can tell you since she’s never acting like this before.” say Master. Keito knows that guy knows Karina better than anyone else.

                Ryosuke take sip of his cola before asks, “Is there anything to do with Rin-chan?”

                “I haven’t heard anything from my mama since their return from the Seoul trip. They begin busy and no sign of Rin-chan.” Say Keito.

                “Oh, if you’re asking about that girl, she’s at Seoul because she moves there.” Master states that calmly despite deliver shocking news.

                Both guys surprise to hear that and Keito asks, “How you know about that?”

                “Of course I know since I’m the one who give information to her but I choose not to tell her about that matter to avoid hurting her. Things just go too fast these past few months for her. It’s good to see she’s finally got to find happiness in her days.” explain Master.

                “Yeah, it won’t be easy for her to process everything so fast.” Say Sora who happen to be there. He calmly takes sip of his coffee as scribble something on a piece of paper.

                Master knock his head using tray before scold, “You also one of trouble to her.”

                “You seem really free these days. You casually show yourself here even you never do that before.” says Keito.

                “I’m only here because I need some aspiration. My series just finish and I need to come out with a new one. I’m thinking about alien evade the earth for love but my editor swiftly rejects me.” Whine Sora as he rests his hands on his chin.

                The other three sweat-drop to hear that as it hard to believe the person who come out with such idea is a novelist who usually touch family-related topic in his novels. Master says, “No wonder your editor always in trouble when you try to come out with new ideas.”

                Sora chuckles for few seconds before turn serious and says, “You should care about her more at this time period. Who knows if there’s anything bad could happen with her. She’s still in delicate phrase after what happen and someone’s help would be appreciated.”

                “She won’t let anyone to worry about her as she too used to be alone to deal with it.” Say Master. He remembers how he tries to offer help but that girl brush it off with tiny smile.

                Keito choose to change the topic since it become too heavy at the moment by asking Ryosuke, “So, how’s your family’s business?”

                “Right now, we’re planning to open a café and restaurant. I’m in-charge of café production and have been collecting data.” Say Ryosuke.

                “I hope that won’t close my café.” Master makes joke out of it.

                “You don’t have to worry about that since the target for the café different from yours.” Say Ryosuke. He has been take leave from school to handle his family business and that day happens to be his off-day.

                “It’s really amazing that you manage to do it when you’re still high school student.” Say Master.

                A ringing noise interrupt them and it come from Keito’s phone. He opens the phone and surprise to read short mail from Nishi, ‘Karina-chan in hospital right now!’

************

                Keito arrives at the hospital and get the room number from the receptionist. Nishi notice him and says, “You’re fast! How you get here?”

                “Forget about me. What happen to her?” Keito only want to know about his lover’s condition at the moment.

                “She almost drown herself in the bath tub and doesn’t response to our calling. The doctor say that she stress herself too much until it ruin her body. She may have to get admit here for days until she recovers.” Explain Nishi.

                Keito surprise to hear that and make guess, “Does the news Rin-chan is moving really affect her?”

                “It seems like that…” Nishi realize something, “How you know about that? The school already inform you guys?”

                “I kinda get some information about that.” says Keito.

                Nishi goes back to the topic, “I can’t hide my panic when I walk into her bathroom as the maid said she can’t get response while try send her tea. We barely manage to bring her here.”

                “What about Eita-san?” ask Keito as he could imagine his step-dad could in chaos as soon he knows about that.

                “He’s currently overseas for another business trip and we choose not to let him know. He needs to focus on his works.” Say Nishi.

                “What about Rin-chan?” Keito ask that and Nishi look anxious about that.

****************

                Rin feel uneasy on that day and check her phone to see mail from Nishi about Karina. She knows that the source of her unstable emotion and wonder if she should do anything but put that idea aside as her days already busy.

                “You want to join today’s schedule?” ask Jimin.

                Rin keep her phone and says, “Of course I want to join as I want learn as much as possible to prepare myself.”

                “I really impress on how you want to do that when other girls prefer to spend time doing other things.” says Jimin.

                “Time is running out if I do other things.” Rin sound confident while saying that to show that she already make decision about it.

                Jimin remember what he manage to see and says, “You can go back to Japan to visit your twin sister if you really worry about her.”

                “You see that?” Rin tries not to sound too annoy at the moment. She warns, “Please mind your distance in the future.”

                “You should learn to get used to it since we will become husband and wife soon.” Jimin casually say that as his arm snake around her waist. He imagines that girl will blush to hear that but it seem that girl doesn’t show any response to that flirt.

                That girl only shoves his arm off and says before walk away, “Before that happen, I want to treasure the time and space since the time is tickling.”

*************

                Karina slowly opens her eyes to see herself in different place as she clearly remembers that she’s trying to relax in bath tub. She hears Keito’s voice, “Thank goodness that you finally wake up.”

                “You’re here?” Karina weakly ask that due to her strength hasn’t return yet.

                Keito move closer towards the bed while saying, “Yeah, mama also here just now but I make her return back home since I ask her to get some rest. She already scared enough to know you almost drown.”

                Karina hardly process on what happen and asks, “Did I do something bad?”

                “You stress yourself too much until it takes effect on your body. You have to stay here for observation.” Explain Keito.

                Karina tries move her body but it feel like lead as her body surrender back to the fluffy material and she mumbles, “It seem I think about it too much…”

                “You should learn to depend on other people sometimes.” Say Keito as he gently pats her hair.

                Karina only smiles to response to that as the sleepiness come back to her. That can consider few peace moments since they will get sudden invitation.

*******************

                Nishi reluctantly says, “Rin-chan’s wedding is next month.”

                “That’s too fast!” Karina almost shouts while saying that. She’s still in the hospital but her condition already return back to normal.

                “They may don’t drag things longer while they still have time and plan to announce Jimin is going to take over his dad soon.” Say Nishi.

                “Something must happen.” That thought come to Karina’s mind when hear that as she already guess and her mind replay the document that she reads.

                “What’s you gonna do?” ask Nishi and Karina only smile to response.