Chapter 9

Mirror of Twin

                Karina can’t stay calm since she really worries about Rin. Everyone really surprise to see newly-dye Rin’s hair on the next day and she really want to explain that but her twin-sister keen to warn her not to say anything. She hung her head down in order to let herself figure out what actually happen.

                Few days after that, she decides to meet Keito and Ryosuke at her usual café since she couldn’t hold her curious any longer. While waiting for those two guys arrive, she decides to continue read the novel that she borrows from Master. She begins furious when at the end of the novel; she read how Kaede character get married with Rio’s lover.

                “Are you it is okay for you to be with someone like me?” ask Kaede in confusion, “I thought you really love Kaede-chan.”

                Rikiya hold her stiff shoulders with affection before says, “It’s already too late to think about that since we already become husband-wife on the registration. Just accept the fact that your life now belong to me.”

                Kaede look her reflection wearing white wedding dress that her mom forces her to wear. She knows everything is not like what she ever wishes but she doesn’t know on how she should do to run away from that matter. She goes to window and could see Rio with irritated face at the garden, staring straight towards her. She silently clutches her hand to hold her anger as she doesn’t want to destroy her own sister’s happiness.

                Rikiya pulls her by waist towards him, away from the window before says, “Don’t ever try to run away as this is your destiny. Take time to relax yourself and we will meet soon at aisle.”

                Karina put the novel aside and takes sip of her coffee to calm down. Master put down creamer in front of her, “You should mix something with your coffee.”

                “I prefer it black.” Reply Karina. She knows the guys will arrive late as both of them meeting with their friends before reach there. She asks Master, “Ne, do you have other novel for this series? There is something that I want to check.”

                “You can check that at usual place. I never move anything from there unless you mis-place it by yourself.” Reply Master.

                The door being open and it shows a guy with full suit walk into the cafe. Master quickly asks some favour from Karina, “Ne, could you cover my place for a while? I need to discuss something with that guy.”

                “I can do that but if there are customers who want to order what I can’t make…” Karina a bit worries about that.

                Master assures her, “Just call me at the back but make sure to knock first. You always forget that.”

                “I will make sure to knock. The only reason why I never knock before this, there are no one inside the room. There is no way I would notify something else there that I want to get in.” say Karina. She finishes her coffee and brings everything to back of counter.

                She watch Master walk to the back of shop together with that guy without say anything. She make guess that person is someone that close with him as they don’t say anything while on the way to back and there are no awkward vibe between them. She take out book from her bag before begin write something in it for few minutes.

                When there are customers walk in, she happily welcome them and take their order. She could make any drinks that they order after she learns that from Master. Keito and Ryosuke arrive there and surprise to see her with apron. One of them ask, “What are you doing here while wearing like that?”

                “Oh, I’m covering Master’s place since he has some kind of discussion with someone.” Say Karina. She make drinks for the guys based on their orders and says, “We need to figure out something. It just really suffocates to see Rin-chan ignoring you and no one could ever bring out your name when she’s around.”

                “She keep avoiding me without let me say anything to her.” Say Ryosuke. He surprise to see Karina hold the same novel that cause fight between him and Rin that make he says, “Ah! That novel!”

                “Something wrong with the novel?” Karina asks.

                Ryosuke just realize he only reveals everything to them but there is no way to avoid it anymore. He says, “Rin-chan really furious when read about that novel and that’s the reason why we fight.”

                Karina wonders why, “But this only a fiction. Why she really affect with this novel?”

                Ryosuke explain everything what happen on that day but still make sure there are no one else who could listen to the conversation. Karina really surprise to hear that, “Uso! How could someone know about us really well until could write a novel out of it?”

                “Even I want to know the reason. He basically wants to ruin my life with Rin-chan.” Say Ryosuke.

                “I bet she ask you why you love her, right?” Karina hits the bull’s eye when it clearly show shock expression from that guy that make she continues, “I just happen read at the part where Kaede have to get marry with Rio’s lover, Rikiya.”

                “You already read that novel?” Keito ask and just then, he remembers they are talking about the novel. He just shut his mouth to avoid tenser atmosphere around them.

                They want to talk more about that matter but Master and that suit-guy walk out from the back of the shop. The suit-guy says, “I hope you will finish what we ask by end of this week, Kakushidate-san.”

                “I know. I’m just stuck at the final part of the story.” Say Master.

                After they watch that suit-guy leave the cafe, Karina asks, “Ne, Master, who is Kakushidate-san?”

                “That’s my surname. Could you at least remember my name when you have been to this café ever since you’re kids?” scold Master as he pulls Karina’s hear that make her whine in pain. The topic among three of them earlier just died when Karina catch sight of something.

                She tells Ryosuke, “You should try to pursue her with Pokémon things as she really loves that.”

                “I will do that later.” Say Ryosuke as he fixes his collar.

                Karina notices something on Ryosuke but it takes a while as she’s searching for tweezers to grab that guy’s wrist, “Hey! This tattoo is same like Rin’s!”

                “Yeah, I ask them to make the same for me but it is a need to use a tweezers just holds my hand?” Ryosuke annoy with that and shake off his wrist from it.

                Karina keep back the tweezers before says, “There is no way I would touch you or Rin-chan will kill me. Her love to you is not something you could found easily at streets.”

                “And you sound really weird like that. A delinquent never suit to say those words.” Say Ryosuke.

                “I’m not delinquent. I’m only a rebel for my own benefits.” Say Karina. She remembers back the topic, “Why you suddenly get the tattoo?”

                “To show that he really love Rin-chan. He drags me to the tattoo shop as he not brave enough to walk alone there.” Say Keito. He takes sips of his cup to release his fatigue after long day.

*********************

                Rin begin feel bored to stay in her room without could do anything interesting. She already used to spend her time with Ryosuke and it just too hard. Her ego just too big to accept the situation even she knows that Ryosuke really love her. She opens up her phone and could see her wallpaper with Ryosuke.

                She wants to throw her phone away but it seems she can’t do it. She slowly low her hand to her lap. She scolds herself, “I’m such a baka. Why I can’t wait for him to tell me the answer?”

                “It would better if you just honest with yourself.” Rin really surprise to hear Karina’s voice.

                She asks, “How the hell you could get into my room when I already lock my room?”

                Karina spins the key at her fingers while says, “I get the copy from the security as I know you won’t answer my knock. He’s here.”

                Rin understands what is mean by her twin-sister since if Keito come, she won’t be that bold to break into her room. She says, “I don’t want to meet him!”

                “Hey, I already hear your mumble!” say Karina but she quickly dodge when Rin throw her phone towards her in such a fast speed. She asks, “Are you try to kill me?”

                “Yeah, that is my f**king aim right now! Get the hell out from my room, you !” shout Rin that make Karina quickly shut the door.

                Karina returns to living room and says, “You need to give more time for her. Just now, I almost get kill by her.”

                “I will not give up.” Say Ryosuke. He walks towards Rin’s room and knock the door, “Rin-chan, it is me. Please give me chance to me.”

                “Go away!” shout Rin without want to open the door. She tries to listen at the door for anything but only silent. She slowly opens the door to check if he still outside and notice Pokémon soft toys with a note, ‘I love you’.

                Rin takes the toys to bring into her room but her mind doesn’t know what she should do at that time. She mumbles, “What I should do now?”